Updates on Charlie (quad accident @ comp)

dunefreak

I thought since the other thread about the sandrail/quad accident got closed, I should start a new one where we could post the updates on Charlies condition.

He is out of ICU. Here is the latest updates from Richie.

Donations have reached just under $1000 so far. Thanks guys!!! Keep um comming
Just talked to Charlies wife and she said he is doing well, he sat up for a couple hours yesterday and is seeing his boy right now for the 1st time since this happened. Poor little guy (3yr old) was scared and crying in the backround.

If you would like to help donate, here is the link....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/charlie_donations.html

(For those that haven't heard what happened regarding the accident, there is a link on that page for the thread where it was discussed)

BTW: this thread is only about Charlie's condition, positive thoughts and wishes, and for continued effort to raise donations for the guy.

If you wanna argue about sandrails vs quads- don't bother. Your posts will diappear! :thumb:

Thats good to hear. I hope he gets well soon.

It turns out I had the kids out trick or treating with a family that is good friends of his Dan and Terry with their two kids. I told him about the post and he was going to log on to see the pics of the quad. He had talked to Charlies wife earlier that night. Small world.

Good luck Charlie our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks for starting this back up Pete. Update on Donations. We have raised over $1000 as of today and DDR members have been a huge contribution to that. You guys rock. Its great to see some caring hearts out there. I look at it like it could have been anyone of us.

I'll keep everyone up to date on Charlie. I didnt get to talk to him today but Im sure I'll here from him soon.

HEY GUYS ITS ME AM I AM TRYING TO GET BACK TO EVERYBODY AND SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE

HELP AND SUPPORT AND LET YOU KNOW WE WOULDNT OF MADE IT WITHOUT THE HELP..I AM IN REHAB AND DOING OK I GUESS.. I WILL TRY TO POST SOME PICS BUT ENERGY LEVELS ARE SO UP AND DOWN.

glad to hear your on your way to recovery. its going to be a long slow road. but with your family and friends you will get thru it. just keep thinking about your little guy, he needs his daddy!! hang in there and be strong.

Thanks for keeping up updated, alot of us are pulling for you.

glad to hear your on your way to recovery. its going to be a long slow road. but with your family and friends you will get thru it. just keep thinking about your little guy, he needs his daddy!! hang in there and be strong.

Thanks for keeping up updated, alot of us are pulling for you.

Ditto on what stacey said^^^^^^^^ :D

HEY GUYS ITS ME AM I AM TRYING TO GET BACK TO EVERYBODY AND SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE

HELP AND SUPPORT AND LET YOU KNOW WE WOULDNT OF MADE IT WITHOUT THE HELP..I AM IN REHAB AND DOING OK I GUESS.. I WILL TRY TO POST SOME PICS BUT ENERGY LEVELS ARE SO UP AND DOWN.

Good to hear Charlie..........

Glad to hear you are doing good charlie :lol:

I thought since the other thread about the sandrail/quad accident got closed, I should start a new one where we could post the updates on Charlies condition.

He is out of ICU. Here is the latest updates from Richie.

If you would like to help donate, here is the link....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/charlie_donations.html

(For those that haven't heard what happened regarding the accident, there is a link on that page for the thread where it was discussed)

BTW: this thread is only about Charlie's condition, positive thoughts and wishes, and for continued effort to raise donations for the guy.

If you wanna argue about sandrails vs quads- don't bother. Your posts will diappear! :stirthepot:

Thank you so much for starting a new thread -- very disturbing some of the other discussions.

As for Charlie -- our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family/friends. My three teenaged sons witnessed the accident and came back to camp and parked it. It's something they will never forget and seeing their fear hit home. I can't imagine what Charlie's wife is going through -- my heart goes out to her as I worry about my sons and husband everytime they ride.

As an extended family, the donations we give I'm sure will help them immensely. Please keep the updates coming! And, I hope that everyone donates what they can to help with their suffering.

Update. Talked to Charlie for awhile the other day, he sounds alot better. He has alot more injuries than I knew about. 8 broken ribs, punchured lung, bruised liver and kidney are all ones not listed before........ Keep the doantions comming guys. We have raise about $1400 so far.

Charlie also told me it will be 6-8 weeks before they will even let him start trying to walk again. The rest of his body needs to heel before they start trying to walk.

All the prayers and comments from everyone are awsome. I told charlie to check out the site to see all the nice stuff everyone has been saying. He has a laptop now so Im sure he will be on here sometime. EVERYONE ON HERE ROCKS!!!! THANK YOU ALL

Update. Talked to Charlie for awhile the other day, he sounds alot better. He has alot more injuries than I knew about. 8 broken ribs, punchured lung, bruised liver and kidney are all ones not listed before........ Keep the doantions comming guys. We have raise about $1400 so far.

Charlie also told me it will be 6-8 weeks before they will even let him start trying to walk again. The rest of his body needs to heel before they start trying to walk.

All the prayers and comments from everyone are awsome. I told charlie to check out the site to see all the nice stuff everyone has been saying. He has a laptop now so Im sure he will be on here sometime. EVERYONE ON HERE ROCKS!!!! THANK YOU ALL

Good to hear he is doing "well". Charlie has alread been on though, Richie. :grin:

Keep the updates coming. :D

Anyways, I send you my best Charlie. Be strong and heal up fast! :dunno: