cleanup weekend report

dunefreak

Good times as usual. Seemed like it was a pretty decent turnout and all went very well. Great job to the BLM, Terry (ynot), all the volunteers that helped, & especially the sponsors. I got some pics- will post them up soon.

The weather was kinda warm during the day, but still pretty nice. The overall crowd out there this weekend was pretty big. I was suprised how many people were there.

It was great hanging out with friends, gettin some good rides in, and especially getting to try out the new camera and lens. :MBdance: I didn't even ride as much as expected, but still had a great weekend chillen with everyone.

a few observations from the weekend (some of which are inside jokes :hello: ):

-firgure 8 ATC tracks are the chit :atc: :dayum::dayum:

-I finally got hurt on my 70 :ogp:

-my Raptor almost doesn't have enough power to hang with painter joe's buggy runs. :dayum: arm pump like a mofo! :blury:

-FSA races were fun to watch...when they were actually racing

-We saw a crazy azz Hayabusa hillclimber dirtbike at the hill :ah:

-no Randog this trip :woo_hoo:

-KRUSTY has quite the selection of good :drunk: in his hauler. Thanks for shots! :laughoff:

-Urkel's azz juice :laughoff:

-"bags of D's" were flyin all over this weekend :laughoff:

-dirty whale :barf::laughoff:

-loose axle? Eff it...just ride it all weekend. :coocoo:

-saw a buggy roll to the far right end of comp. :dayum: 702Charlie's old buggy. Everyone was ok though. :clap:

-saw lots of familiar faces out there this weekend. I got to say hi to and chat with most of them too. It's almost like a huge family reunion everytime I go to the dunes. Everyone on this board is so friendly and cool peeps. :beat:

I just rolled out without my hauler this trip and kept it simple. Thanks to all who fed me this weekend and Woods for the place to stay. :blink: :freakin_nuts: :laughoff: Richardcheeses's cheese :black: and plate of grub was awesome, OGP's meatball subs, and of course smokin AL's delicious Tri-tip sammiches. :flipoff: Thanks guys. :laughing:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, please also post any decent pics you guys might have from cleanup in the gallery.

Click here-> http://www.dumontduneriders.com/gallery/upload.php

Then select the "7th Annual Dumont Dunes Cleanup " folder in Trips & Events section to place them.

Same goes for the FSA races. (FSA's Rumble in the Desert, 3/14/09 ) :D There's a folder for those as well. Thanks!

I had a lot of fun! Thanks Pete for the fun runs! I'm getting better each time I go. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, I was tuckered out! :laughing:

no worries man. I totally understand. It was good hanging out again. :freakin_nuts:

It was a great trip. I did alot of cleaning up, alot of duning.

I got sun burnt. Saw some familiar face and bikes.

I only got a few picks. (I forgot my camera almost every ride.)

I also noticed im the only person with double mohawks.

my buddy alex

post-1659-1237161710_thumb.jpg

the kids. im to the left on the yellow 400ex

post-1659-1237161775_thumb.jpg

I noticed in this pic i put 2 different front tires on. :freakin_nuts:

post-1659-1237161812_thumb.jpg

Got home about 8 a.m. great trip not as many people as past few years ,but still quite a few, the best part of my trip was winning the 50/50 :rockwoot: makes it easier to repair the rail ,since I broke my trans this trip but all in all GREAT trip :DDRrocks:

just got through unloading...man what a great weekend...

got to meet some newer members on the board...chadwick99...cool dude from V town...has a killer rappy 700...and painterjoe...who isnt a new member on the board, but i got to meet him...as well as aaron, yfz450

all kickass peeps!! :rockwoot:

pulled in Thursday night to a freeking HOWLING wind....the wind was actually off and on all weekend, with the worst of it late Saturday night...

We had a great camp again this weekend...hella laughs abounded everywhere you turned

i didnt take as many pics as i usually do, now that Freak has that new camera...ive got camera envy......his is like at least 12" :DDRrocks:

String tearing it up in camp

ogp021.jpg

ogp015.jpg

ogp013.jpg

Mrs Cheese afraid to watch string

ogp009.jpg

Freak tearin it up on his 70 on the figure 8 track

ogp020.jpg

freak and string in it to win it :laughoff:

ogp018.jpg

ogp017.jpg

reddogs kids and string in the ranger

ogp002.jpg

dunefreak, ogp and string racin on the figure 8 track video

th_ogp016.jpg

really nice weekend did some cleaning and some riding, no breaks for since Oct 7th! Cant believe how well the HCR LT kit is holding up :laughoff::rockwoot: . anyone know why all the cops and ambulance were by bathroom 8? it look like there was a coroners suv was there too? :DDRrocks:

here are some pics

post-1597-1237167580_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167603_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167640_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167663_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167674_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167685_thumb.jpg

Good times, Good times once again. Had a great chill weekend. Just want to THANK everyone that came out to clean up, got alot of trash out of D. Those cans were about half full each. Alot of people asked about maybe next year being a little longer, alot wanted to head out and clean up more, and some did. Thanks alot to all, you all did some work out there for sure... :DDRrocks::laughoff:

No problem Brutha, anytime...Thanks for the brauts, they were delish and Al had some tri-tip again, always hits the spot, OGP and Lisa had some kickass meatball sandwich's. Great food all weekend with a great group of peeps, to bad the season is ending. Good thing the summer fun is about to begin, see ya all out soon....Semper Fi, Woody :rockwoot:

just got through unloading...man what a great weekend...

got to meet some newer members on the board...chadwick99...cool dude from V town...has a killer rappy 700...and painterjoe...who isnt a new member on the board, but i got to meet him...as well as aaron, yfz450

all kickass peeps!! :rockwoot:

pulled in Thursday night to a freeking HOWLING wind....the wind was actually off and on all weekend, with the worst of it late Saturday night...

We had a great camp again this weekend...hella laughs abounded everywhere you turned

i didnt take as many pics as i usually do, now that Freak has that new camera...ive got camera envy......his is like at least 12" :DDRrocks:

String tearing it up in camp

ogp021.jpg

ogp015.jpg

ogp013.jpg

Mrs Cheese afraid to watch string

ogp009.jpg

Freak tearin it up on his 70 on the figure 8 track

ogp020.jpg

freak and string in it to win it :laughoff:

ogp018.jpg

ogp017.jpg

reddogs kids and string in the ranger

ogp002.jpg

dunefreak, ogp and string racin on the figure 8 track video

th_ogp016.jpg

Yo cheese! It was nice meeting you. Been looking up Pismo since we talked about it and want to make a trip this summer when it's to hot to ride at the D!

What a weekend, it was our first trip to dumont, and it was hella fun! Thanks to Jason for inviting us out, we had a great time with everyone. I see why you like that place so much, the riding is awesome, and the people are really cool!

We almost didn't make it, mom and the kids were sick. :DDRrocks: Needless to say, we came anyway!! I gotta tell you, my lady is a real trooper.

Holy crap, those dunes are friggin huge! :ah: My azz got puckered a couple of times, there are some gnarly razorbacks up there. The sand was smooth as a baby's azz after all the wind on Friday, and this made for some awesome rides.

I gotta tell you, there are some really nice people at dumont. We really enjoyed hanging with all you guys!

We can't wait until our next trip! :rockwoot:

L8s

^^^^^ JUST GOT IN FROM DUMONT!! :DDRrocks::laughoff:

We left wayy late today..between the clean up and the wedding I didn't get in any quad ride time, so I talked Mike into staying late today so I could ride....yeah I know..I didn't really have to talk him into it at all!!

I got a ton of pics from the clean up..won't get them in the gallery or posted until tomorrow after work, when I get a chance to go through them..

Weekend was a good one...I thought we had a good turn out for the clean up..

John and Becky (dirtprincess) wedding turned out awesome!!

I JUMPED my quad several times today!! :MBdance: Tha was alot of fun!!

The only bad thing that happened all weekend, was Mike's dog Coral was attacked by another dog :rockwoot: she was the second dog that day that this LOOSE dog had attacked and the other one had to leave and go to the vet! :pissed::pissed: It pisses me off that your out there doing the right thing with your dog on a cable and some loose dog can come up and practically ruins your weekend!!! :shake::shake: Had a veterinarian out there and she came and took a look at her and she's fine, just a cut to the ear (which bled like a MFer) but it could have been so much worse, if someone hadn't been there or one of the kids were playing with her at the time!!

Anyways.... enough of that!!

It was a great weekend! And I get a little better each time I ride!!

Dunes today got a little wind blown, but where still a little chopppy!

And I FINALLY got to ride in the black car!!!!! That thing can dune, way funner than the Limo!!! :driver::driver::headbang1:

Thats all.... pics :pics: up tomorrow...off to bed! :yawn::yawn:

I just want to thank everyone in camp for all the help and hospitality when I broke down yesterday.I owe all you guys bigtime for bailing me out.Thank god bert had access to that tow truck :rockwoot: Thanks for haulin my crap home pete.Thanks alot woody for all the little things out there which were quite a few,lol.I really appreciate all the help :laughoff: <----Me in the burban last night....LMAO!!JK it was nice last night...Im waiting for the tow of shame pics i know pete has,lol :DDRrocks:

Edited by Sand_700R

Man,

Besides breakin my trans :laughoff: , Lou almost rolling his car :ah: , and my trailer smelling like dirty whale :headbang1: (you had to be there) :DDRrocks: . It was a good trip. Some fast runs for sure, Lou's pretty crazy :rockwoot:

It was good to meet you Cheese.

:( Wish I woulda went. Just had lots to do this weekend.

Was thinkin' bout you guys all weekend. yeah, even you Cheese. :clown: ........ :MBdance:

Nough of that though....

:DDRrocks::laughoff: Glad you guys all had a good time. :pissed:

Clean-up has always been a good weekend.

Sounds like the Friends Of Dumont Dunes did a great jobs again. :driver:

Thanks to everyone who helped. :headbang1:

Can't wait to hear more and see more pics.

:shout: Come-on DDR "Post em' up!" :flatbiller:

:pissed: Yiah!

:rockwoot:

R-

really nice weekend did some cleaning and some riding, no breaks for since Oct 7th! Cant believe how well the HCR LT kit is holding up :laughoff::rockwoot: . anyone know why all the cops and ambulance were by bathroom 8? it look like there was a coroners suv was there too? :DDRrocks:

here are some pics

post-1597-1237167580_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167603_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167640_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167663_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167674_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1237167685_thumb.jpg

cops at bathroom 8 cause of a broken tail bone guy was takin out by ambulance and i believe they had to fly out a female later for a broken leg

We had a absolute blast. Sand Chick pretty much said it all but it was a great trip. Once again, congrats John and Beckey for pulling off the coolest weding in all of history. You guys rock. And to Jodi, it was awsome to see you step up your riding. :rockwoot::DDRrocks::laughoff:

Ok so I may have lied...

Most of the pics I took were of the clean up and the wedding.... sorry Pete its faster for me to put them in my gallery with my uploader :rockwoot: , but that folder is strickley Clean up pics!!

PICS HERE -------->FoDD 7th annual Clean Up weekend

If you were at the clean up.. I more then likely got a pic of you!! If you won something in the raffle I definately got your pic!! Check them out!

Once again you DDR collected the most trash bags as a group!! :DDRrocks:

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_158.jpg

A few other random Clean Up shots! GREAT JOB YOU GUYS IN CLEANING UP OUR DUNES!!!!! :laughoff::headbang1::MBdance:

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_021.jpg

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_037.jpg

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_031.jpg

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_044.jpg

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_047.jpg

normal_Clean_up-Becky_s_Wedding_Weekend_053.jpg

Moon set on Sat morning

post-2396-1237175555_thumb.jpg

I don't know who this is...but they didn't get far!

post-2396-1237175607_thumb.jpg

Wedding...

post-2396-1237175718_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237175765_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237175824_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237175882_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237175931_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237175997_thumb.jpg

Todays ride..

post-2396-1237176094_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237176124_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1237176171_thumb.jpg

Edited by sand chick

couple more pics of the cleanup from my other camera

normal_P3130044.JPG

normal_P3130045.JPG

normal_P3130050.JPG

normal_P3130051.JPG

normal_P3140052.JPG

normal_P3140053.JPG

Don & Ellen accepting a plaque of appreciation from the BLM

normal_P3140054.JPG

normal_P3140055.JPG

Terry (vice prez of FoDD) also accepting a plaque of appreciation from the BLM for FoDD

normal_P3140056.JPG

free stuff for the kids

normal_P3140057.JPG

normal_P3140058.JPG

normal_P3140059.JPG

normal_P3140060.JPG

just got home....man i had a blast this weekend & felt good to clean up what i use every year....god the dunes were smooth......loved it in general no other words to explain :MBdance::laughoff::headbang1::rockwoot::DDRrocks::yiah:

Edited by jr1208