favorite places to hike and/or trail ride and 4x4

dunefreak

I miss that trial, used to hike it all the time. I even did a 3 day canoe trip along the colorado and hit those springs from the river side. Beautiful.

I see a group trip in the near future :headbang1:

I'm down :headbang1:

Back home in MN (some from WI)....... :headbang1:

Awesome pictures!! Reminds me of Alaska. I miss riding on trails that actually have dirt and not all rock. Those streams and rivers look Refreshing as he!! too!

I'm down :headbang1:

Awesome pictures!! Reminds me of Alaska. I miss riding on trails that actually have dirt and not all rock. Those streams and rivers look Refreshing as he!! too!

yeah i miss the hell out of the trails back home :( but back home its like 20 degrees out right now so... it has its ups and downs thats for sure

there are NUMEROUS TRAILS to ride up near Lake Isabella, 40 miles east of Bako.... lots of stream crossings and wild freekin animals too....had to run from a freekin bear once :headbang1:

ive been strickly sand lately since i got the bomb...the ranger has me rollin out to the dirt once in awhile tho

yeah i miss the hell out of the trails back home :( but back home its like 20 degrees out right now so... it has its ups and downs thats for sure

Yup, I know how that is. They just had a blizzard back home with over 4ft of snow. My folks were shoveling for 2 days straight.

1.bmp

2.bmp

3.bmp

jeep_grande_cherokee.bmp

That last one is a Jeep Grand Cherokee full size Bronco.

ok, end thread jack..............

Pete:

I just took the family to RedRock a few weeks ago... There are some badass trails up there! And as stated already.. Valley of Fire.

The hike I have been DYING to do is Angel's Landing up in Zion NP. Its a 5mile hike and roughly a 5-6hr hike that brings you up somewhere around 1500 feet. Ive done a few other hikes at Zion and is just an amazing place for pics!

As for trail riding... Last summer I took the family up to Panguich and Bryce. We did roughly 180 miles in 3 days and my oldest did ALL of that on his little brothers Lt-80! He was a trooper!

Links to some photos

http://roostfest.net/images/Utah/ (zion)

http://roostfest.net/images/Ride%20Trips/bryce-08/ (bryce)

http://roostfest.net/images/Ride%20Trips/panguitch/ (Panguitch)

Well I am not much of a hiker unless forced into it... but love to take the 4X out for quick puts to Lovell Canyon when there is some snow on the ground... Laughlin has got to be the best all around trail riding area for only being an hour from my house. single track for bikes and all the trails a SXS, quad or jeep can handle... just don't go in the hot summer months... der... The mohave trail takes you to barstow i think.... But getting out of vegas i love logandale and for a weekend trip there is nothing better that duck creek Utah that I have been too.... Well except for the Big Bear area but I don't have a jeep for those trails....

:grin:

I do a ton of hiking at work. Alot of crappy hiking too since the illegals don't like to take the EASY route. Many times I have found myself on my hands and knees or even on my belly crawling through the thick stuff. I need to bring my camera back out with me, some of the places are very pretty if I take the time to stop and enjoy the scenery.

That trip I did a few months back when I went to the MASH 4077 site was very cool. Although it is not for vehicles.

No more riding stories, this is about hiking. :dunno: j/k I hope to hook up with Jodi and do Red Rock to the water fall, then talk her into coming to my side of town and do Nelson's. There's a land arch and a stream. Fun, Fun, Fun Gonna try to do Race for a Cure on May 2nd. 5k nothing huge................... not like my azz.

Hey, we're doing the Race for the Cure on May 2nd! We're in no way ready for it, but we're just walking!

:laughoff:

We did some riding out near Goodsprings and hung out at the Pioneer Saloon. That was really fun! During the summer we go to Utah to the Paiute ATV Trail. Last year we stayed in Marysvale. That was a blast!

Where is Bitter Springs? Looks nice. :laughoff:

post-3584-1239840203_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1239839827_thumb.jpg

post-3584-1239840016_thumb.jpg

In the winter we try to spend time in th AZ strip, out of Mesquite. GREAT RIDES from smooth roads to rocks and steep climbs. Lots of mines too. Summer is always in the Duck Creek area.

Wow! Looks fun! Nice pics, thanks for sharing!!

I will have to look into that and see if I can't talk someone into going!!

The top one is outside Moapa, the second one is a hidden lake up by Duck Creek and the last one is up behind Mesquite. I don't have weekends off but the other guy's do so if you want to check it out let me know and we might be able to arrange a ride!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been on the Rocky Gap out of Red Rock, also know as Potato Ridge, recently? It goes from Red Rock loop to Lovell Canyon.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Rocky_Gap_Road

not my pics, just a link I found on another site...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/564110105iXxoeB?start=0

Rocky Gap is a blast...you can either park in Lovell canyon and do it or if your one or two utvs or quads you can park in Red Rock(scenic loop..lost creek) and go over from there...the parking area in Red Rock is very limited so large groups can not stage there..it is legal even though its in the RRCA.

You can go from Red Rock all the way to Pahrump have lunch and come back...or if your like me and like loooong rides you can unload in Red Rock and have someone shuttle your tow vehicle to Cold Creek....then you ride from RR to Pahrump then on to wheeler pass and down into cold creek..... :beercheers:

Rocky Gap is a blast...you can either park in Lovell canyon and do it or if your one or two utvs or quads you can park in Red Rock(scenic loop..lost creek) and go over from there...the parking area in Red Rock is very limited so large groups can not stage there..it is legal even though its in the RRCA.

You can go from Red Rock all the way to Pahrump have lunch and come back...or if your like me and like loooong rides you can unload in Red Rock and have someone shuttle your tow vehicle to Cold Creek....then you ride from RR to Pahrump then on to wheeler pass and down into cold creek..... :whoop:

I was actually wondering if anyone has done it in a vehicle/truck in the past year :beercheers: .

I wouldn't be concerned doing it on a quad, though I didn't think you could ride an atv there, but from what I have heard it has been washed out pretty bad and is no longer stock vehicle friendly. :driver: