Thanksgiving Trip Report?

dumontdude10

1st time since ive been alive that we havnt gone to dumont for thanksgiving.

I heard a few bad things that went on hope randy and his bro's alright :( .

Just wanted to know how the week was weather, dunes :driver: , turkey :turkey: ect.

hope theres lots of pictures :pics: . sucks thast i couldnt go.

but since i didnt go i desided to get my exhaust done on my truck. flowmasters 40series with a 4in diesel tip coming out before the rear tire. :beerpint: sounds like a bada$$ truck now :ninja:

1127091417.jpg

1127091418a.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi and I went out Thursday and came home yesterday. It was her first time to Dumont and she didn't want to leave. It was great to see my brothers and my sisters-in-law and my nieces and nephew. It was also good to see some of my extended family and good friends. We had an excellent time and wish it could have lasted longer. Our thoughts and well wishes go out to the people that got hurt and we hope everyone else comes home safe.

2012 my arse! The apocalypse is upon us now. Don actually went to the dunes. :beerpint::ninja:

Glad to hear you had a good time with friends and family. Took my family to Vegas to catch some shows and lose my a$$. Did both sucessfully! Have a Dumont trip coming up in the near future, first of the year after several Glamis and Little Sahara trips. See ya'll there.

i did see randog fri evening as we were helping a guy who broke both legs while landing a (too long/high) two wheeler jump.....but didn't get to talk to him, although i think the damage on his sanrail was relatively minimal, from what i saw. i towed in a sanrail that was hit by the girls husband in his sanrail on friday. he was probly gettin spanked out there by her. spose they can hash out who hit who for the next few years hee hee. he drove his car back sans front suspension on one side. i told her to call me if they end up with a divorce over it. watched LE with their stuck wrangler. officer said they are not allowed to air down to less than 20lbs with those kevlar tires ....YOU GOTTA BE EFFEN KIDDIN ME! why even take it out there? either put some regular tires on that you can take them down to 12lbs or leave it home for kripes sake! somebody's gotta talk to the powers that be on that issue.....anyways, where was i? weather was perfect thurs and fri....got real chopped up by fri nite and lo and behold, wind blew all night and sat am before i left we had virgin dunes again(thank you sand gods)! got three turkey dinner invites on thurs....accepted all, of course. lots of accidents and the crowd was maybe a fourth of what it used to be(the new normal). managed to get that wrangler to the top of the highest hill. thanks to all that helped make it an awesome weekend!

wow, great vids BP guy. was the broken shock mount the cause or the result of the rollover?

It was the result, Randog was just taking a fast line and his rail went over. He wasn't doing anything out of the norm and the sand decided to bite back. It looked like I was far away due to the camera but I was able to see most of it and was there fairly quickly. We pushed it over and had a few laughs. Got it to where it was able to make it back on it's own power and waited for pete to bring out the needed parts to get Randog back up and running.

Here are a few pics from the weekend---

Drags

post-1872-1259542516_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542539_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542546_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542554_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542573_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542580_thumb.jpg

Tommy looking Old School Gangster!!!

post-1872-1259542587_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542598_thumb.jpg

Best Group Photo Ever!

post-1872-1259542614_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542622_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542629_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542636_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542653_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542661_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542668_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259542677_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1259543037_thumb.jpg

Edited by bp-guy

1st time since ive been alive that we havnt gone to dumont for thanksgiving.

I heard a few bad things that went on hope randy and his bro's alright :( .

Just wanted to know how the week was weather, dunes :driver: , turkey :turkey: ect.

hope theres lots of pictures :pics: . sucks thast i couldnt go.

but since i didnt go i desided to get my exhaust done on my truck. flowmasters 40series with a 4in diesel tip coming out before the rear tire. :beerpint: sounds like a bada$$ truck now :ninja:

Well you all were missed - truck looks good Nick - hopefully you will be able to make it Presidents (your Mom and Dad too :D

Good relaxing trip!

Had the whole family together, that was nice.

Rode hard all day Sat. I think I covered all of the East side of Dumont.

Last run of Sat was my first fourth gear pinned the whole run! Definately gets the blood flowing! Mike's famous last words, "We are just going on a cruiser"

Got in a couple of good runs just me and my kid!

Got to meet some new peeps at the Meet N Greet, Hello to Special K nice guy, chatted withhim for awhile :beerpint:

Looked for Jr and Jorge everytime I went out.. no bueno, wanted to run with you guys!

Also looked for Skinner and Ninjagreengirl missed you guys too wanted to go on a girl run with Julie :(

Had a relaxing and fun time in camp as usual, got a chance to see some of the usual suspects visiting through.

MISSED YOU JILL AND CHARLIE!!! :(

Caught some kind of bug and spent all day Sunday :turkey: That sucked, I couldn't even ride on the last day :ninja:

Other then that.. it was a good weekend, good friends, good food, whole family, relaxing weekend!

Pics later tonight...

Thoughts go out to Chris and family :(

oh boy where to start, got to dumont wednesday night we set up camp started the fire and waited for jr and my fried max to catch up, after they set up there houler and RV we have a couple of cold ones and off to bed.

thursday morning we went on a couple of good runs......we had a prety good dinner we all brought a dish to share, after diner we wet to comp for a bit we found comp prety empty so back to camp and started the drinking :think:

friday I didn't ride at all I must it caught the same bug jodi had so I stay at camp all day :banghead::banghead:

saturday jr raptor took a :poop: inside the bolw we try to get him out not a chance this two girls that were there went to get one of there buggies and pull him out of there with there rail what a guy he was prety cool. we miss the meet and greet by fried max decided to leave at 2 and he need me to pull his houler out :booty: :clown: his truck is a two wheel drive so off to the main rd we go by the time at got back to south pole everyone was gone oh well may be next time

sunday we pack out early my son wasn't feeling good so after breakfast we left good times, good food and great friends made for an exellent weekend......

I hope all that got hurt this weekend make a quick and full recovery I'll keep you in our thoughts :beer_bang:

Good relaxing trip!

Last run of Sat was my first fourth gear pinned the whole run! Definately gets the blood flowing! Mike's famous last words, "We are just going on a cruiser"

Got to meet some new peeps at the Meet N Greet, Hello to Special K nice guy, chatted withhim for awhile :think:

Looked for Jr and Jorge everytime I went out.. no bueno, wanted to run with you guys!

Also looked for Skinner and Ninjagreengirl missed you guys too wanted to go on a girl run with Julie :(

Had a relaxing and fun time in camp as usual, got a chance to see some of the usual suspects visiting through.

Caught some kind of bug and spent all day Sunday :banghead: That sucked, I couldn't even ride on the last day :beer_bang:

Other then that.. it was a good weekend, good friends, good food, whole family, relaxing weekend!

Pics later tonight...

jodi jr was looking for you too he had the spikes for your helmet...we'll need to hook up next time a go for a ride

Wow what a great weekend…started off kinda bad…got there on Wed. night and my fathers RV got stuck in the sand..bummer took a while to get it out but oh well..

Had some great rides in the dunes, one of our fellow campers got into an accident which put his car out of commission but no one was hurt…thank God.

I grabbed a few pics from the meet and greet…. and from camp...enjoy

post-5245-1259600757_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259600838_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259600885_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259600912_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259600976_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259600987_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601013_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601043_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601043_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601056_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601082_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601110_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601126_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601146_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601170_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601188_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601209_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601238_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601263_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601299_thumb.jpgpost-5245-1259601318_thumb.jpg

Good relaxing trip!

Got to meet some new peeps at the Meet N Greet, Hello to Special K nice guy, chatted withhim for awhile :think:

Caught some kind of bug and spent all day Sunday :banghead: That sucked, I couldn't even ride on the last day :beer_bang:

Pics later tonight...

GLAMIS WAS AWSOME 10 days worth. Just got in about 30 minutes ago

post-1152-1259630512_thumb.jpg

Edited by ~JILL~

well here it goes...me & my buddies rolled in with the RV @ 1:30am on thursday morning,jorge meet us @ the main rd to follow to camp...we rolled in the circle @ camp & got stuck all the way to the frame,so we left it there and got the fire going & then to bed,woke up around 7am unpacked & out for some good rides with the group....thursday night we all had a great dinner :beer_bang: friday we went for a couple of good rides with part of the group,jorge felt a lil sick he had the runs but he still made a good ride with us...later at night i notice my raptor was having a lil bit of problems.....saturday morning we went out for an am ride & my raptor gave a :poop: in the bowl,thanks to a buggy we got it out & towed it back to camp....i was looking foward for meet and greet then jorge friend decided to leave around 2pm so he pulled his toy hauler out to the main road.....my buddy and i got on our trucks & the rest of the group on quads & headed with the hole group out to south pole and then my buddies truck got stuck close to north pole with no straps to pull it :banghead::booty::banghead: finaly a blazer helped & we went on our way but no one at south pole :blink::blink::dope: a lil too late.....so i offroaded to southpole with some of the group & then back to camp...later at night we went to comp were we meet some cool :booty: people from vegas,we shared the fired and then they offer to give us a ride on there buggy :banghead: cool people no thought....then back to camp....man it blew hard all night then sunday mornig packed & left with no mis haps thank god...man what a great weekend & what great family & friends i have :think: ....even though my raptor tock a :poop: :banghead::banghead:

Good relaxing trip!

Got to meet some new peeps at the Meet N Greet, Hello to Special K nice guy, chatted withhim for awhile :banghead:

Caught some kind of bug and spent all day Sunday :booty: That sucked, I couldn't even ride on the last day :banghead:

Pics later tonight...

sorry jodi i didn't make it out to meet an greet do to some mis haps but i do have your spikes :beer_bang: i also looked for you in every ride but no luck....i will get them to you don't worry....glad you had a blast even though you got sick....hope to see you on the next trip... :think:

What a blast my family had this weekend :think:

Arrived Tues night and found a spot close to Big Gunz and and friends. Set up camp and relaxed some before off to bed.

Wed. morning the rest of my family arrived to spend t-day with me. :beer_bang:

Went for long rides all weekend with family and friends. For most my family this was the very first time to the dunes, so i made sure that i gave them the full experience, even my Mom who has never riding a quad learned to ride and my Dad racing his grandson up Comp. :banghead::yiah:

On Thurs had a pot luck style t-day dinner with all our group of our circle, couldn't ask for a better time.

Fri. Dnuckler, showed up for first trip in 2 yrs. was a blast having him camp with us.

Sad to see sunday come, had to head home. We had blast hanging with family and friends, cant wait for our next trip. :banghead: