Presidents Weekend 2010 reports & pics

dunefreak

Watching this video is a perfect example of how F-UP the dunes were. Imagine on a quad all day no long travel. Fun as hell though. Still hurting.

haha not really, Jack. That ride wasn't that bad up comp. It's just the hand held camera (not mounted to the car) that made it look like that. As rough as it was, the ride was still pretty smooth in the new car. :beercheers:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:headbang1: What are the parents thinking. :beercheers: Too bad the parents couldn't get sited and have their Rhino confiscated. They're probably the same people that would scream LAWSUIT if their kids got hurt by their own negligence.

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Great pics pete.

I sure wanted to go, I guess I could have, but some other things came up.......... like 7 inches, maybe more like 5. The Sami got a lift. It's a little insane but we will seen when it is finished. Still needs tires, wheels, shocks etc.... put back on.

I got my veggie garden tiled up and ready for planting.

Managed to fry my garbage disposal.

Buttcrack bob :coocoo:

The 20,000 dollar babysitter :DDRrocks:

WOW!!! I didn't know that there was that much going on out in Dumont. I was helping Smokin' Al vend all weekend (which I do because I absolutely adore him). However, I'd like to put something out there.....

If you visit Smokin' Al's BBQ and see a long line, please expect a little bit of a wait. We cook up the orders fresh. Believe me, it's well worth it. There were a couple of snide remarks and I had to give out one refund. We care about our customers and want you all to be happy.

Pete, Anna, Justin, Julie: GOOD TIMES!!! We'll have to get together again!!!

Here's a some video :poop: from our little handheld camera. :bert:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

did i hear monkie let out a lil monkie chirp when those front wheels finally touched back down towards the top of comp :P

Good weekend.

Got to do some riding with the teach, show him a little of what I have mastered since the last time I rode with him!

Hung out in the hauler Sun watching the Daytona!

Dunes were PERFECT! Perfectly roughed up. No matter, didn't stop me from riding any. :coocoo:

Only complaint of the weekend would have to be the amount of people who just plain DO NOT pay attention to what is going on around them. I was almost taken out six different times and if I was paying as much attention as the other people, there would have been accidents and some pretty bad injuries. My favorites were the idiot guy jumping the dune coming back from the North Pole with his chick just sitting on top of the dune, does NOT wave, motion or do anything, besides look at me.. I saw him coming last second and if I hadn't have put her in a power slide that :beercheers: would have landed right on me and on the last ride three kids on bigger then them quads flying across the finger dunes not even looking, didn't slow down, kept on the throttle.. if I hadn't slowed down and took a dive down the side at least one of those kids and I would have tangled! :DDRrocks:

But that is to be expected on the busy :headbang1: weekends....

Next presidents day, I think kicking it at home sounds like a much better idea...

Some pics with the crappy sand proof digi

post-2396-1266287035_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287058_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287078_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287098_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287122_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287153_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287203_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287240_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287294_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1266287331_thumb.jpg

Edited by sand chick

Wow, Probably one of the best weekends out there. Started out sketchy but turned out to be a great time.

We arrived Weds night at about 11pm, parked and semi leveled and went to bed, about 4 ish am the heater quit working... friggin union worker doesnt think it needs to work on a big weekend.... on to electric heater lol

Weather was perfect... all weekend.. sand was wet but nothing 22lbs in the tires couldn't fix lol wow that car slides good :headbang1:

Great having Barefootbob in the sand with Fasterdaddy and his family, BPguy, chris and his family..Camp was quite... well pretty much.

Tim .... thanks for taking pics and video... looking forward to next time... Hope you ahd as much fun as my wife and I and I hope camp worked for you. Bob wasnt as crazy as I expected seings how he hasnt been out in a while... :P

James and my wife were my Co-Pilots and I am Happy to report not problems with Cv's... well not that I had...sry chris... Easy fix pretty much.. had to clean up his axle before assembly and a minor electrical problem

great runs... Pete you always break when it starts getting real good lol :beercheers: .... glad it limped back to camp.

Sad to leave but I am beat up lol.... :DDRrocks:

No complaints in camp and all the kids were good.... man what a trip.... Smokin Al's.... great food again and I was able to make a couple new customers for you guys and the wait is worht it everyone...MMMmmm fresh food takes time

I have some pics I will try and post later.. Thanks everyone for a great trip

Capt

I gotta a ticket for not having a class A indorsement on my license.

Well let me know when you are going down to get it done.. I am going with you... I have been lucky both times they have been in tecopa.... but luck only last so long

Capt

man it was a killer weekend :smoker: ...jorgeloco & i rolled in friday around 4pm,once in the door we called elpato from san francisco to let him know we were in & to let us know when he rolls in the morning,we unpacked & headed to vendor row for fire wood....man we couldn't get the fire going :banghead: the wood was wet & green so we decided to go in the hauler & jorge taught me how to play poker i got the hang of it kick :beercheers: & beat him :clap: ...crashed out around 1am & around 6;40 pato called to tell us he was @ baker :blah: around 7:30 he calls & tells us his in & his unpacked so now we packed move over to there camp......man pato & his group are some cool :booty: people to hang with no thought we had a blast with every one there......pato & I headed to banshee hill around 12:15 to see who hell his grounds from all this :blah::blah: & man the 2 strokes were killing it hands down....after that the majority of the group rolled out to meet & greet,got to say :hello: to brittany & her group,seen jackster (nice seeing you again bro beaching camara),meet randyvw nice meeting you bro,& towers the end anna came & said hi to us(nice seeing you again anna),then we went for a ride......sat night jorge & i meet beach4 & her husband chris & her 2 boys man they are f n cool people we laugh or :booty: off :bs: all night also went by there camp sun morning before the drags & saw them again on sun night @ comp & stopped & chilled with them again....today in the morning we went for a am ride but headded back after 40 min man we were peat up from the choppy dunes then packed up & headed back home around 11:15...ill post some pics that i took in a bit f**k im tired...great weekend :DDRrocks::ban-split:

First the turbo rail that I broe the cv on has a 8.8 ford rear....about a 300$ rear. It has powerglide in front of that. I guess well look into further. I told him I could make the power.....and he would need to keep the wheels on it.

Second.....I went thru tecopa sunday at about 230-300 and again didnt see one officer. I was pulling my 50ft trailer with 6 quads and two cars, so I d bet that if they even saw me they would pull me over. I do have my class A though. Do you know if they scaled anyone? Or just harrassment for easy revenue?

I ussually go thru pahrump on the way out and tecopa back. I lost a tire about 20 miles from 160, though and had another coming apart. So the remainer of my trip over the hill was slow to keep the bad tire as long as possible. It made it all the way home with only half the tread on the tire. I only went about 58 mph tops though, and got great mileage too.

Hey Joe....I texted you about my heater AC.......

Great trip! lots of duning and laughing around the fire at night. Turns out Bob likes to cruise vendors row on 3 wheels!! :beercheers:

I have a few videos but youtube is lagging so here are the pics.

shut up shut up shut up !!!! you have no pics you cant prove nuthin !!!!!! :DDRrocks:

well all cleaned up and rested :blah: as junior mentioned we arrived Friday at 4 pm set up camp and went to get our fire wood boy was that some f up wood, we got it to work every time wasn't easy.

after the fire I noticed that I left my salsa, totillas and desert :beercheers::DDRrocks: :smoker: so I call elpato and ask him if he can bring some tortillas, This guy is top notch in my opinion, he save our arces.

saturday morning we had breakfast and went on a big ride boy those dunes were really bad, well I guess we all know that by now. After that ride I took a long break had some beers chill and watch the jeep for a bit and went on another big ride we hit the meet and greet it was nice to see you jack and anna.

We rode to comp hill saturday night and after a while we meet joanne (beoch4) and chris and there two sons really cool folks.

sunday morning junior and I went for a morning ride we decided to ride to the little dumont but we realized we need dirt tires so we turn back and we run into joanne and chris camp we stop for a second to say hi. After we went back to watch the drags we got tire of that and when for another ride

after that el pato and his crew me included went to help some folks with a busted artic cat I towed one of the flat trailer back to the flats where the car was and brought back to there camp, they offer us money and beer but we toll them just to pay it forward.

Sunday night every one left from our camp and junior and I went back to comp hill and run into joanne and chris we chill till like 1 am the headed back to camp and cook couple of rib eye steaks and them we went to sleep.

after breakfast this morning we got in one last ride then we pack and headed home all and all it was a great weekend.

see you all on clean up weekend.

Pete you always break when it starts getting real good lol :smoker: .... glad it limped back to camp.

:?: "always"? bulllshiat. :beercheers: You need to get out with us more often then, David. The car has been flawless all 4 trips up until this little issue this weekend. No big deal though. I should have her fixed up by the end of the week and ready to go pound the dunes again real soon.

Nice pic's nice meeting all you guy's . Pete sorry about your car

Shawn. Great meeting you guys too. No worries about the car. It's a pretty minor fix. Sorry our run was cut short especially after making you wait so long to head out. :blah:

Let's meet up next month at G for the tres regatta weekend. I'm bringing my car then. :DDRrocks:

Great weekend. My quad didnt leave the back of the truck all weekend. Burned a lotta fuel in the rzr though...Almost missed the meet n greet cause of a bad tire valve. Glad i brought the spare parts bin. It was good to finally meet up and put faces to the names.

Thanks to Blue Steel, Big Dave, OGP, and the 4 seat rzr crew for a fun ride afterwards. I think it might be time to upgrade to an "S"...or at least paddles for now... :beercheers:

For anyone that questioned the ability of the 4 seat rzr in the dunes the proof is in the video... :DDRrocks:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCH0stPZSF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCH0stPZSF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCH0stPZSF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I gotta a ticket for not having a class A indorsement on my license.

One of the 6 sheriffs we saw pulled us over too.

He said he was checking for people dumping while driving. Turned out we had a broken hose between our fresh tanks that was leaking.

Glad it broke on the way out instead of on the way in. It was a great weekend