Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

About a week ago I picked up a new DROID2 phone. Yep, I gave in to the dickweed phone thing, but it's one of the best purchases I have ever made. This thing flat out rocks. There are pretty much endless apps out there and I know I have a few favorites, but am curious which ones other Droid users of DDR prefer and use.

So far I have downloaded and used...

Advanced Task killer- I hear it saves a ton of memory and battery life, seems to work great

All the mobile banking apps (BofA, Wells Fargo, and Paypal)

Barcode scanner- too damn cool. Look up info for any barcode you scan with your phone.

Coupons app- use your phone as a coupon almost anywhere you go. :laughoff:

Droid light- sweet simple flashlight app that utilizes the led flash. Also the color flashlight app works good too- use the whole screen and change it's color/ effects for light.

Facebook- works "ok" to stay in touch with FB peeps, but needs some work. Doesn't refresh/ update very quickly. I hear there is an update in the works.

Movies by Flickster- makes it auper easy to look up movie times, theaters and even watch high quality movie trailers.

Pandora- simply amazing. I can even use it and stream music in my truck. :MBdance:

Speedview- very cool and accurate app that displays your speed, altitude and direction using gps.

Skype- haven't used it yet, but I will to chat with ragdoll in Iraq. :laughing:

Google Sky Map- hold your phone up to the sky and it tells you what stars are which.

Tune In Radio- tune into ANY radio station, stream and listen free

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Photobucket has a cool app that as you take a pic, it automatically loads them into your photorbucket for you. Redbox has a pretty cool app also, if you rent from there. Barcode scanner has been useful once and a while. Slacker Radio is a very cool app, it is along the lines of Pandora. I use Chomp for texting, creates the bubbles like an iPhone.

There are a ton of apps that are very handy.

Posted

I use Chomp for texting, creates the bubbles like an iPhone.

How is that any different? I have a Droid 2 and it already does that. Which phone do you have, Mark?

Visual voicemail is my favorite, if you let Anna use it Asurion would be a good idea :laughing:

:MBdance: In her defense the ENV3 was a great phone and she took care of it; however, it died on it's own. We'll be picking her up a Droid 2 or x soon as well. And yes, extended warranty AND Asurion is already on my line and you can bet your a$$ it will be on hers. I just watched her feed fish today with wet hands, grabbing her phone while balancing on a platform over the huge tank at her work (with your old Razer with a cracked screen by the way) :laughoff:

Posted

I have the Droid with the slide out keyboard, did you get the Droid X or Droid 2?

Droid 2 (with slide out keyboard as well). My texting already creates the conversation bubbles like you are talking about. :MBdance:

Posted

I like the Jewels game app for when you are bored waiting for someone, or something and have some time to kill.

I like the Slacker radio app better then the Pandora. Slacker caches your stations so you don't lose it with the signal, like Pandora when it cuts in and out all the time.

Calorie Counter (not that you need that one Pete :MBdance: )

Broncos News (if your a football fan, I think every team has a news channel)

TiKL - Touch to Talk: Turns your phone into a walkie talkie to others who have the 3G phones

Posted

For fun an app called "And Wobble" LOL

If you ever thought about geocaching try "c:geo"

If you want a cool clock and weather on home screen try "beautiful widgets"

Posted

Bubble 1.8.2 - A bubble level.

ConvertPad. Unit conversion tool

Ebay

Movies 2.9.6- Movie previews and video clips

Scanner Radio 1.9.4 - Police scanner

WF & Clock widget 1.0.8 Best clock/ weather app.

Posted

All mentioned are great. I also have shazaam. This listens to music and tells the Singer & Song.

Also try urbanspoon. This will check your current location and tell all available restaurants in the area with reviews.

Posted

x's 2 on the andwobble and tikl

mp3online is cool, 10 bucks but cool, just type in the name of artist or song and it finds an mp3 of it for download, no "per song' fees like itunes, just a one time cost for the app.

redbox codes, list of codes to use at redbox for free movies

camcalc, its a photo taking tool for DOF, focal range, flash calibration. i dont know how good it is because i dont know how to use it, so you can tell me how good it is...lol.

convert anything, unit conversion tool

google goggles, take a pic of and item and it will research it for you.

groupon, group buy coupons

yelp and where, i use both of them for findin stuff.

Posted

Angry Birds..it's an addicting game, but only a test version of the IPhone full version for now. Agree with the prank dialing..you can pick what number you are calling for. I call people from their home phone and ask where the "stuff" if\s hidden. Fun as long as your there in person to calm the person down while they are going into shock.

Posted

Any of you Droid users find an app you like that automatically allows updates on your current apps? Oh, and an app to auto update the app which automatically allows the apps to be updated would be nice :beercheers:

Posted

Any of you Droid users find an app you like that automatically allows updates on your current apps? Oh, and an app to auto update the app which automatically allows the apps to be updated would be nice :beercheers:

:blink:

:beerpint:

Posted

Any of you Droid users find an app you like that automatically allows updates on your current apps? Oh, and an app to auto update the app which automatically allows the apps to be updated would be nice :rockwoot:

I hear you. When you install so many apps it asks you to update daily and you have to do each one as the pop up at any given time. Would be nice. :MBdance:

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I hear you. When you install so many apps it asks you to update daily and you have to do each one as the pop up at any given time. Would be nice. :rzr:

the new update 2.2 lets you do auto updates

Posted

Hey Pete!!!! :finger::finger:

I just read this thread and figured it out! :rzr::laughing:

:finger::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

I knew it was only a matter of time before you figured that out, especially now that you have a Droid. :finger:

Posted

My wife just got her Droid X.. were are the apps at to download? some are already on it but where can I search them out?

Capt

There is an icon called the Market. It's the Android Market. Many aps are free and you download them right from that to your phone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...