Jump to content

Welcome to DDR!

We are your Dumont Dunes community & information source!

New here? Join the community! (You must sign in to post.)

Returning users: Sign In with your display name or email address.

Troubles signing in? Please contact us. Forgot your password? Reset it here.

 

Sign In

  • Benco-728-90.jpg

dunefreak

What's new for you next season?

Recommended Posts

I know alot of us do summer mods, sell and buy new toys, and even switch up our entire setup. So what's everyone plan for next season? Post up what's new to you. 

 

No new toys for us. We'll still be rocking the same truck, trailer, and buggy. :rockon:

 

IMG_20160422_182135103_HDR.jpg

 

I know for us, especially since we've built our Sprinter van, I learned a lot in the meantime about batteries and charging systems. I plan on adding some solar and a couple more batteries to the toyhauler. No more dead batteries after a long night of running the heater! A little Honda generator is probably at the top of our list too. Been meaning to buy one for years.

 

The ole 05 Dmax is almost a classic at this point. :laughing: but it still pulls hard and drives like a new truck. The only thing it needs is maybe some new shocks and it's good to go. :driver:

 

As for the buggy, I say it every season, but I'm adding power steering this year damn it. I really want to get this done this fall. I'd also like to get the suspension recharged and dialed in some more. If anyone has a tuning guy please send me their info. But other than that, I just want to get back out there and do the same thing I have been doing for years- chillen with friends and shredding some smooth sand. It's been a long, nasty summer so far and I can't wait for some cool weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting on new sheet metal intake got some powder coating on the new wheels and intake taking to Alper’s tomorrow who know what else I may do. Added the car to car finally, getting the Vegas Strong wrap done soon and adding a skid plate to cover my harmonic balancer so when it looks to the sky I won’t mess up the balancer and break another belt again 

4EDB389E-102F-46AC-A316-A79A2AD05E87.jpeg

9DF8EA27-4D27-41DC-90DB-AC069127006E.jpeg

B18A648E-E1FE-4AC0-A27F-A2C35F4F6238.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, dunefreak said:

I know alot of us do summer mods, sell and buy new toys, and even switch up our entire setup. So what's everyone plan for next season? Post up what's new to you. 

 

No new toys for us. We'll still be rocking the same truck, trailer, and buggy. :rockon:

 

IMG_20160422_182135103_HDR.jpg

 

I know for us, especially since we've built our Sprinter van, I learned a lot in the meantime about batteries and charging systems. I plan on adding some solar and a couple more batteries to the toyhauler. No more dead batteries after a long night of running the heater! A little Honda generator is probably at the top of our list too. Been meaning to buy one for years.

 

The ole 05 Dmax is almost a classic at this point. :laughing: but it still pulls hard and drives like a new truck. The only thing it needs is maybe some new shocks and it's good to go. :driver:

 

As for the buggy, I say it every season, but I'm adding power steering this year damn it. I really want to get this done this fall. I'd also like to get the suspension recharged and dialed in some more. If anyone has a tuning guy please send me their info. But other than that, I just want to get back out there and do the same thing I have been doing for years- chillen with friends and shredding some smooth sand. It's been a long, nasty summer so far and I can't wait for some cool weather. 

Electric Power steering is so nice. Can't believe I drove my car for about 8 years without it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to us dune home... Hoping to take it out for the first time over Labor Day, some place cooler.. 

 

2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter Diesel Pusher

 

DSC09596.JPG.e4a0a8a5e586a8396d300442ef05bb75.JPG

DSC09591.thumb.JPG.f7b2d39a493488a222017ca3ac001b06.JPG

DSC09601.thumb.JPG.7235bafb9d7c4c185dfe02d410144638.JPGDSC09600.thumb.JPG.dd4ceed120a0ce51bf59f8f46c4b4b71.JPG

 

 

And Shasta passed away in May 😢 

I wanted a specific breed of dog when I was ready, I knew I would want to rescue, I figured it was going to take forever to find exactly what I was looking for, since most rescue groups had never heard of the breed before. Catahoula Leopard Dog. I was getting a what? I wanted young, female and mostly black and grey... The group I signed up with found one immediately in Kingman, AZ. So we now have Sandy as our newest family member, she's a handful full of puppy energy, but she'll be able to keep up with our life style and my backpacking adventures.. she already loves her own backpack, I can't wait to be able to put weight in it and take her on her first trip.

 

IMG_20180812_170741_212.thumb.jpg.0b9c82c5b8819552110530ef03eb0fc5.jpg

 

IMG_20180616_150325.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We want to change it up a little this season, my boys want to try MX Bikes, we'll see. I do have some kids quads to sell and upgrade to next size up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The toys are almost all gone and we're getting ready for a Can-Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo R. :driver:

maverick.jpg

We've upgraded the '05 gasser to a '16 diesel crew cab.....Lovin it!! :assrock:

Yay.jpg

...and upgraded the toyhauler to a 5th wheel. Haven't been out to the dunes since '14, but am getting ready to hit it!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...I will be heading back out to Dumont this Halloween for the first time in few years!! I upgraded my car to a 4 seater and added a subi power plant! I’ve had it at Glamis for Presidents’ Day last year but I got sick and didn’t get to have to much fun 😢. Car is getting wrapped on Monday then I’ll edit this and post a pic or two. Oh yeah and I bought my parents toy hauler.  They down sized to a smaller motor home. Looking forward to getting back to Dumont, been going there since I was a kid!! 

 

Okay so its wrapped! I still need to paint the intercooler/scoop, but other than that I’m ready!!! See you in the dunes!!

19E3BA52-29EE-4EDC-AA9E-9D03288F3D6E.jpeg

72179963-B8DE-4701-929B-A1CBC2BC5984.jpeg

3ACD110D-B728-472E-9A7E-0C491E4D42AC.jpeg

Edited by El diablo
Adding pictures
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it too late for me to come back and play in the sand box?  :D . on the hunt for new bikes for me and the boys and some kind of living facility..... I miss the sand!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I upgraded my truck to a diesel, and my sand toy from a yfz450 to an 18 turbo xp4. Next on the list is a toy hauler. First time back in the dunes will be Halloween 18. Last time i was there was 2009 😳

 

 

8D04FACA-9037-425C-AF2C-84BB8B3BE093.jpeg

0FCB8CBC-F4A2-451E-B129-05037C0A356E.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a new Supreme Genesis 5er. 325CR. Fantastic rig. First season for it. Also new cage on the Can Am.

 

F9D38D16-3AD7-4FCC-8AC5-BD82DF8061C2.jpeg

4243A61F-7A90-49E3-832B-5EB3595688D5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave silverman said:

I have a new Supreme Genesis 5er. 325CR. Fantastic rig. First season for it. Also new cage on the Can Am.

 

F9D38D16-3AD7-4FCC-8AC5-BD82DF8061C2.jpeg

4243A61F-7A90-49E3-832B-5EB3595688D5.jpeg

Nice setup, Dave!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete new setup for us - We sold off our 2013 powerlite 19cbxl toy Hauler a few months ago and bought a 2011 stealth fs2612 with only one trip this year - we also sold our 2014 rzr 800 4 last month and bought a 2016 rzr 900 4 3 weeks ago just added a windshield and the rugged radio intercom and car to car for all 4 passengers. This will also be our 3rd year with the 07 LBZ classic 2500 Chevy, we sold our 2005 avalanche 1500.

A55747EB-03F9-4C78-A1EC-4160469470CB.jpeg

90C11529-69AB-4FE9-9878-0556AA9F06D3.jpeg

Edited by eDUBz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, sand chick said:

 

 

IMG_20180812_170741_212.thumb.jpg.0b9c82c5b8819552110530ef03eb0fc5.jpg

 

IMG_20180616_150325.jpg

What a beautiful dog and companion!!! 

Love the look on his face in the 2nd pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 6:48 PM, DuNe~Rydher said:

What a beautiful dog and companion!!! 

Love the look on his face in the 2nd pic.

Thank you! She is really starting to come around and bond with me. That is a why did you stop look! She loves the Maverick and sits in it at camp, sleeps in the passenger seat, I think she might be an addict. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the buggy front end enclosed and windshield added. Cant wait to try it out this weekend. Shake down run with Desert Crazies and Dumont family duners. 

42758682_10214216196572507_1126181523553255424_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good looking setups in here....buncha people are gonna have a killer season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, Crusty said:

We want to change it up a little this season, my boys want to try MX Bikes, we'll see. I do have some kids quads to sell and upgrade to next size up.

Crusty, What size kids quads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, last season was the BIG upgrade! We went from the 33' 5th wheel toyhauler to the Class C Jayco with enclosed trailer.

 

The new items for this season are...

 

The Go Power! 170 Watt solar panel with charge control mounted inside the coach

The Go Power! AGM-100 12V Battery.

 

We've used it twice so far for short weekend trips. It's worked out great so far. We can't wait to try it out in the dunes for a nice 2-3 night stay. Then I will determine if I need more wattage to support my families needs for the weekend.

 

The Jayco came with a 1000 watt inverter, I decided to keep that and we'll see if we need to upgrade the inverter next year...Maybe the 3000 watt unit LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, EY3BA11 said:

Crusty, What size kids quads?

Kasea 90 Quad and Kasea 90 (Big Bore 100cc, Big Carb, Exhaust, Clutch work, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, Crusty said:

Kasea 90 Quad and Kasea 90 (Big Bore 100cc, Big Carb, Exhaust, Clutch work, etc).

My Gals loved growing up on there Kasea 90 quads....

How much for for the the stock 90??

 

IrnBear

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New trailer for us and we’re still trying to dial in our freshly built v8 rail.A382512F-2FB2-44A4-A9D6-302AA7994F42.thumb.jpeg.95b1118aac4029661a509da4d143f752.jpeg376D28F5-78F6-48BB-AC8E-48B7FA1FB939.thumb.jpeg.6d1917e4145d98a34e08c2383f3a0ad8.jpeg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sand buddy said:

This was a rear engine car but summer turn around. Mid-engine. See ya Halloween

BUGGY FLAG.jpg

Badass. Looking good. How did the shakedown go? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×