Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Our family plus about 7 more families.

 

I noticed some big sand changes on the upper part of comp. A big witches eye is gone, the big flat spot to the right is gone.

Of course, the whoops are still there!

 

Also watch out when driving campers/RVs near bathrooms 10 and 6, near the entrance to the comp hill finger. Dozens of campers getting stuck. Air down AHEAD of time, veer 10 yards to the north when the road ends and KEEP UP YOUR MOMENTUM. If you feel you're going to get stuck, stop BEFORE you are sitting on your frame rails. Get help. 

 

Happiness is a new set of sand tires.

 

Happy Duning...

Message_1548133849592.jpg

Edited by Svengoolie
  • Like 3
Posted
On 2/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, Svengoolie said:

Our family plus about 7 more families.

 

I noticed some big sand changes on the upper part of comp. A big witches eye is gone, the big flat spot to the right is gone.

Of course, the whoops are still there!

 

Also watch out when driving campers/RVs near bathrooms 10 and 6, near the entrance to the comp hill finger. Dozens of campers getting stuck. Air down AHEAD of time, veer 10 yards to the north when the road ends and KEEP UP YOUR MOMENTUM. If you feel you're going to get stuck, stop BEFORE you are sitting on your frame rails. Get help. 

 

Happiness is a new set of sand tires.

 

Happy Duning...

Message_1548133849592.jpg

Lot's of windstorms have been blowing in from the Southeast in the past year. Makes big changes on the dunes and really replenishes them.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 2/8/2019 at 7:43 AM, Dive Bar Casanova said:

Lot's of windstorms have been blowing in from the Southeast in the past year. Makes big changes on the dunes and really replenishes them.

We just got in from a trip, a bit windy at times and cold but the sand was the best I've seen in years. As much as we were trying to track it up for you guys next weekend the wind would not let us :thumb::beerpint:

ps: prob do not need to say it but entrance road still sux... I do get a kick out of all the toy trailers flying by while the motorhomes are going slow. If you guys could hear the appliances,  dishes, cupboards etc back there you might think twice about your speed 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Posted

Boy I couldn't agree with you more although I have a toy hauler I don't go down that road fast that is what tears it up I was there last weekend also road is in pretty bad shape at least I seen some progress on the cell tower workers on the hill going back in two weeks hopefully!!

Posted

You guys are right.

We went from a Toyhauler to Motorhome. Couldn't hear what the washboarded road was doing to the hauler. 

The RV, I can.

These RV's are stapled, glued and taped together. Doesn't matter how much we paid. 

  • Like 2
Posted

Wednesday and Thursday look crappy. Friday will have a little W to hopefully dry or smooth things out, and it looks like the weekend may be fairly nice. 

 

prez-weather.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Agree about the road. You would think all the $$$$ we spend on passes that road would be handled but NOOOOOOOO this is a government thing and they have no $$$$. I call BULLSHIT!!  My motorhome makes tons of noise and I have everything padded to make it quite.

Posted
10 hours ago, langslair said:

Just spoke with friends from Idaho and they arrived Monday and road have been scraped smoooooth.

Sand was also dry and smooth at least on top.

Was rough Sun PM but awesome if they got someone out there :thumb:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...