THE 2STROKE DIRTBIKE VS. 4 STROKE DIRTBIKES

To make it easier, click on your profile, then in the top right corner click profile options, then click find member's posts. It will list all your posts starting with the newest first. That way you can check all your posts made recently pretty quick. :DDRrocks:

O sweet thanks that helped a lot :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep riding bud!! All I was really saying is that it starts to hurt in the morning. I wish I was 14 again...

oh hell. im gonna be 46 next month and i still stay up with pauly paul, pete and some of the other young guns pretty well on my banshee. it doesn't hurt that bad the next day unless i get stupid and wreck. :D

GEESE people. 4 friggin pages that contain about 1/2 a page of actual useable info. (thats on topic) This is why I rarely post on this site. Too many (sheeit) talkers and not enough walkers...

I have a YZ450 and a CR500 and a 1997 Banshee, which until a couple weekends ago HAD THE STOCK ORIGIONAL TOP END FROM 1997. If you blow up your 2 stroker every year, learn how to tune it and BUY OEM parts not cheap K&S crap (learned my lesson the hard way). That Banshee top end was almost TEN YEARS OLD.

If I want to own ANYONE who is shooting hills I ride the CR500, hands down, no 450 is touching me unless I screw the start.

If I want to wheelie like this, I ride the 450...

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/Jo...nt=MOV01209.flv

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/Jo...nt=MOV01212.flv

Gas is easy to mix, and since my truck is a Diesel I have to bring different types of gas anyways. Mix as you use it and you dont have to waste so much. If I had to pick which bike I was going to ride through hell on when walking back to the truck was not an option, you better believe its going to be a 2 stroker. Theres HUNDEREDS of parts to fail in a 4 stroker. Less then a half dozen in a 2 stroker...

I wont talk skills, that cant be proven with a keyboard. Anyone who wants to talk the talk AND walk the walk and is old enough to ride across state lines with me without getting me arrested let me know. I ride almost every weekend and I love when guys who think they are bad make fools of themselves...

Like a wise man once said, "as I ride through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I ride the baddest bike in the MOFO Valley!!" CR500...

Edited by Sand Saw

I have a 1997 Banshee, which until a couple weekends ago HAD THE STOCK ORIGIONAL TOP END FROM 1997.

:headbang1: That would be my 97' Banshee that had the orignial top end for 10 YEARS!!!! you just had to help rebuild it when i SMOKED it !!!! :freakin_nuts: :beercheers:

:offtopic: That would be my 97' Banshee that had the orignial top end for 10 YEARS!!!! you just had to help rebuild it when i SMOKED it !!!! :beercheers::headbang1:

Yeah, and nice job rolling it over the top of the hill I was wheelying on... :freakin_nuts:

Yeah, and nice job rolling it over the top of the hill I was wheelying on... :freakin_nuts:

:beercheers: do we really need to go to the video of you crashing !!! and if we are keeping track i think you have me beat 10 x's over :laughing: dont make me get Danny in this :headbang1::offtopic::DDRrocks:

GEESE people. 4 friggin pages that contain about 1/2 a page of actual useable info. (thats on topic) This is why I rarely post on this site. Too many (sheeit) talkers and not enough walkers...

I have a YZ450 and a CR500 and a 1997 Banshee, which until a couple weekends ago HAD THE STOCK ORIGIONAL TOP END FROM 1997. If you blow up your 2 stroker every year, learn how to tune it and BUY OEM parts not cheap K&S crap (learned my lesson the hard way). That Banshee top end was almost TEN YEARS OLD.

If I want to own ANYONE who is shooting hills I ride the CR500, hands down, no 450 is touching me unless I screw the start.

Gas is easy to mix, and since my truck is a Diesel I have to bring different types of gas anyways. Mix as you use it and you dont have to waste so much. If I had to pick which bike I was going to ride through hell on when walking back to the truck was not an option, you better believe its going to be a 2 stroker. Theres HUNDEREDS of parts to fail in a 4 stroker. Less then a half dozen in a 2 stroker...

I wont talk skills, that cant be proven with a keyboard. Anyone who wants to talk the talk AND walk the walk and is old enough to ride across state lines with me without getting me arrested let me know. I ride almost every weekend and I love when guys who think they are bad make fools of themselves...

Like a wise man once said, "as I ride through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I ride the baddest bike in the MOFO Valley!!" CR500...

Hey you sound like a fun person to ride with maybe we could hook up sometime and go ridin out at dumont. Right now i have a ktm 300 2 stroke but im trying to sell that so i can get a crf 450 like my bro but once i get it maybe we could hook up and ride..O and your vids are not bad, i should try to get the vids on here of my bro ridin stand up wheelies across the whoops goin to comp hill its sick as hell hes a good rider im sure you would like riding with him hes always 5th gear pinned and one wheel in the air lol... Edited by ktm300kid

Well anytime you see a topic containing a comparison like 2 stroke vs 4 stroke, Chevy vs ford, etc...you have to expect everyone's comments and opinions which will result in sh*t talk. Did you really expect that much technical talk in such a thread? :beercheers: :mc_smiley: There isn't THAT much sh*t talk on here. Usually when there is it's all just in fun.

Well anytime you see a topic containing a comparison like 2 stroke vs 4 stroke, Chevy vs ford, etc...you have to expect everyone's comments and opinions which will result in sh*t talk. Did you really expect that much technical talk in such a thread? :ban-split::ban-split: There isn't THAT much sh*t talk on here. Usually when there is it's all just in fun.

I dont think its hard to have a civilized conversation about those types of topics. Usually the $heeit talkers are just that, talkers. Like I always say, "all this talkin, and no walkin". Thats why I invite people to ride instead of picking fights. Its a good way to shut the "talkers" up, and find the guys/gals who can actually do what they say they can...

Like Kidd Rock said, "its not braggin if you back it up"...

Hey you sound like a fun person to ride with maybe we could hook up sometime and go ridin out at dumont.

Ive never had any riding buddies complain...

Right now i have a ktm 300 2 stroke

Dont worry bud, everyone makes mistakes... :D

but im trying to sell that so i can get a crf 450 like my bro but once i get it maybe we could hook up and ride..

Now you are talkin!! :ban-split:

O and your vids are not bad, i should try to get the vids on here of my bro ridin stand up wheelies across the whoops goin to comp hill its sick as hell

Yup, one of the coolest looking things you can do on a bike I think...BMX style...

hes a good rider im sure you would like riding with him hes always 5th gear pinned and one wheel in the air lol...

I like to ride slow technical stuff too, but I have my fair share of WFO time as well... :ban-split:

i have proof!!!! He loves the 450!!! Dad i think you are converting to 2 wheels :( TRADER!!!!

no denying its you!!! the jacket gives it away!!!! :D

At least he's not wearing that geeky ol' white motorcycle helmet anymore!!! (Thanx to you two) Gotta love the jacket tho, can see him a mile away, even in the dark or the dust! :beercheers::D

cr 500 maybe an ok drag bike but thats about it my son just took open class at adelanto with a bone stock 450 that includes cr500s and kx500s and all other crazy forms of open class. My 99 banshees at 8 years and still running well.................

cr 500 maybe an ok drag bike but thats about it

:headbang1:

my son just took open class at adelanto with a bone stock 450 that includes cr500s and kx500s and all other crazy forms of open class. My 99 banshees at 8 years and still running well.................

Motorcycles= 90% rider + 10% bike

At least he's not wearing that geeky ol' white motorcycle helmet anymore!!! (Thanx to you two) Gotta love the jacket tho, can see him a mile away, even in the dark or the dust! :jester: :D

OMG that was horrible :woo_hoo: .... isnt great having 2 kids that buy new helmets and gear every other month and pass on the brand new used once doesnt match anymore stuff:D :D .. hey dont forget j still owes you a shopping spree :bs:

post-475-1173969673.gif

You guys are getting borderline with the personal attacks..... :mc_smiley:

I agree! Keep it clean or take it elsewhere. We are here for a common purpose cuz we like dumont, not to come on and do nothing but bash others. Take that sh*t to the other site where it has gotten out of hand already. :mc_smiley:

I agree! Keep it clean or take it elsewhere. We are here for a common purpose cuz we like dumont, not to come on and do nothing but bash others. Take that sh*t to the other site where it has gotten out of hand already. :slap:

here here :ahhhhh: :dunce:

dude i think stopping the bash talk on this thread is like :offtopic:

these kids need to grow up and graduate to a rhino :idiot: