What upgrades, ideas have you done to make "toy haulin" simpler.

ntrsandman

Most everyone has added or improved their TH to make loading, storing, securing, towing, easier and safer. What have you done to make life easier? What would you like to make better? There are alot of good ideas out there! :monkeedance2:

I put pins in the drop down bed tracks when it is up. I have had the clips break and the bed drop while towing. :driver:

Want a to store tie-downs (20) w/o tangling up. use a bucket for the present.

I have a enclosed trailer that I have built into a almost hauler. works well for me. I use several plastic tubs to help organize things clothes riding gear helmets food and to keep the sand out. I have added e e-rail track to help with my ever changing toy collection stay tied down. on the comfort side I have some nice carpet I pull out after im unloaded feels nice on a cold morning and I wired my stereo for my Sirius sat head unit. oh and LED lighting pods

Good topic

The best thing I've seen done is plumbing air drops to the wheel wells from the compressor to make it easier to air up. Same guy also has a high flow pump so he can pump fresh water through a hoze to another toy hauler since he has 150 gallons and is usually by himself. Nice guy huh?

yep...like ISBB said PIZZAZ! :bawl:

also...

-plastic forks, spoons, knives- less cleanup

-blocks of wood to stack in case of a flat (this way you can just drive the good toyhauler tire up on the wood instead of using a jack)

-electric tongue jack :fart:

-stock the cabinets with stuff (tools, tie downs, compressor, oils, etc) that you use out there so you have less to load/ unload

-electric impact for the stabilizer jacks makes it WAY faster to raise and lower them) I still need to get myself one. :idea:

i added an airhose auto roller .aircompressor ,two benches ,with a vice .and a tool box, 70 gal fuel cell with an electric pump ,2 sets of cabinets, tv/cd/dvd, cataletyc heater, cots cause i make my son and his freinds sleep in it, lots o diamond plate ,and of course GREEN paint ,110 volt lighting and 12 volt lighting, honda 2000 quiet run generator, outside lights in the tail ,lots of air tools,extra d rings, its a freaking garage at the dunes!! if a ddr member has a mechanicle sos find me !!!

all thats left is to find the black and white checkerboard linolium to finish off the floor :bawl:

i got to get ready for presbo day when i take buggy out ill take pics of the inside

post-1340-1170085033.jpg

post-1340-1170085061.jpg

Like most have said the electric tongue jack has been my best investment by far. I also added a portable compressor and small extension cord, so filling tires on the toys, hauler, tow-vehicle, air bags or anything in camp is easy.

Most everyone has added or improved their TH to make loading, storing, securing, towing, easier and safer. What have you done to make life easier? What would you like to make better? There are alot of good ideas out there! :laughoff:

I put pins in the drop down bed tracks when it is up. I have had the clips break and the bed drop while towing. :thumb:

Want a to store tie-downs (20) w/o tangling up. use a bucket for the present.

My husband bought tie down hooks at the last Sand Sports show for like $15, great investment because he would always get pissed when they would get tangled or misplaced while camping. And also looking to add more cabinets, can never have enough cabinets! Trailer is always stocked with paper plates, plastic forks,spoons,knives, Napkins. Momma don't like to do dishes while camping. And blocks of wood defiantely come in handy, Thanksgiving at Dumont we got a flat on the center axle tire from some smart one that left staples and nails in a old fire, so we put the two outer wheels on blocks of wood and dug out the sand out from underneith the center and changed the tire.

LED tailites.

The litebulb sockets on most bulb type fixtures are thin cheap junk. Can make for a crummy connection, loose connection, or no connection.

So,, I have been replacing tailites with LED fixtures and it's the best improvement money I've spent.

Wife hauling across the desert and her tail lites are flickering, going out,, ect all because of a crummy light fixture.

So changing to LED has really got one less hassle off our list.

And, they are only a few bux more.

Edited by Duneraider

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

where did you get the tie down holders?

Eddie, ck in the summit and jegs catalog's or on their webs sites. They have sweet stuff on there for organizing and keepin stuff tiddy.

On summitracing.com type in part # PHO-SP8SHA , like 14 bucks.

Edited by MCGYVER

i don't do anything to special....picked up some plastic baskets the fit in the cabinets, keep all the non-parishables in that way stuff isn't all over the place when doors are opened. hauler is always stock with non parishable food(just add water and cook type---cup of noodles,can veggies)keep lots of paper plates,paper towels and plastic utensials...foil and zip-lock baggies are a must.....always have extra clothes and towels, never know :laughing: always packed and ready to go.. :D

also dave has air tank,tools,zipties and duck tape which fixes everything :beercheers:

duck tape and zipties :banghead: #1 desert repair kit :banghead:

Duck tape for sure!!! We were out at the dry lake beds one day and these kids came over and asked us if we had duck tape and cardboard. Their friend broke his arm (like all the way through) and they were trying to stabilize his arm, while they waited for the paramedics! Scary! :laughing: We had both!!! :laughing:

electric tongue jack

cables to use ramp as a patio

jakes3rdbirthday024dd6.jpg

longer dump hose carrier

dumphosefj3.jpg

6v batteries in series

If i am not mistaken, I think that ALL toyhauler water pumps have a second exit to do what was explained above.

How much weight does it support? I loke that idea..

My bud extended the LPG line to the backend of the trailer to hook up his BBQ !!! My thought :dunno: INGENIOUS !

ZukiFreak did the same with his moho. His LPG tanks were towards the front of the hauler so he just installed a T tap or something like that and had a longer hose that put the grill right at the nose of the moho and was able to BBQ without the grill under the awning was a pretty sweet setup :D