FoDD Cleanup Weekend Observations

EY3BA11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more observations...

-wingnut's Dodge and Ragdoll's Ford are renamed as DRV's (Dune Rescue Vehicles)

-Don29Palms actually wore a shirt this weekend, but couldn't keep his pants on :ninja: come onnnnn!!!!.

-sandseeker's buggy is almost like having a pickup when you need to haul stuff, lol

-cheese goes good on just about anything :blink:

-atvluv (Tracy) sounds like a 1-900 operator after many drinks :thumb: :jester:

-Crowdog saw too much skin everytime he walked over to my hauler :rules:

Few random thoughts:

Dumont is fun to rip. Nice fast rides no witches eyes.

DDR folks are all good.

Big thanks to Pete for going for help

Big thanks to the guy in the front engine'd V8 car that drug me to the flats

Thanks to Cole for towing me home

Turns out it was an exploded CV rather than the trans (much less work and $$)

How do you do this going down hill? Use the right pedal generously ;)

great clean-up! It grows every year!

eff the weather!

eff the drive from San Diego!

Poles in the dunes? don't see that at Glamis :)

Was great meeting all and look forward to next year.

I challenge DDR to put together a Glamis trip next season. Feb-March time frame on an off weekend. I'll be the tour guide and won't charge any of ya ;)

Oh and DDR has the hotties!!

hotties.jpg

Group at the south pole:

ddr_group.jpg

A few views from the south pole (zoomed out)

view_riders.jpg

view_razors.jpg

view_dunes1.jpg

view_dunes.jpg

Headin' to the south pole:

rhino.jpg

???

ridin.jpg

stuck.jpg

Sperry Wash:

rhino_tire.jpg

lizard.jpg

Checking for scratches in the new paint? *dunno*

oops.jpg

Few random thoughts:

Dumont is fun to rip. Nice fast rides no witches eyes.

DDR folks are all good.

Big thanks to Pete for going for help

Big thanks to the guy in the front engine'd V8 car that drug me to the flats

Thanks to Cole for towing me home

Turns out it was an exploded CV rather than the trans (much less work and $$)

How do you do this going down hill? Use the right pedal generously ;)

great clean-up! It grows every year!

eff the weather!

eff the drive from San Diego!

Poles in the dunes? don't see that at Glamis :)

Was great meeting all and look forward to next year.

I challenge DDR to put together a Glamis trip next season. Feb-March time frame on an off weekend. I'll be the tour guide and won't charge any of ya ;)

Oh and DDR has the hotties!!

hotties.jpg

Checking for scratches in the new paint? *dunno*

oops.jpg

:thumb: Great pics, Mike! It was some good times. That's good news about the CV. That thing sounded nasty as hell. :blink:

As for a Glamis trip..definitley. I wanted to do one with Terry at the end of this month but I just can't swing it. Definitely next season.

BTW, the guy who pulled you out was Big Rick. That was very cool of him to do. It would have been hell trying to get it out with a truck.

Cole is out of control with sayings and makes me look like I have none...I.E......coo, coo, coo. Eat a fat baby's d**k, turd in a punch bowl. (sometimes iam hearing it for the first time myself)

Thanks to Cole for towing me home (anytime mike, hopefully not next time, i wanna ride in it)

Cole pissed on my truck, i has no idea ( it was actually beer i poured on it)

Craig dosent like to get up early...and i do...with music

Anna and Tiff had awesome girl with girl action.......on the 80's

Tiff and Jules are too much fun together...aweeeee

tiff has good sayings too..."theres a trash!"

if there was a sprint race between Tiff and a rolling trash bag....my money is on the trash bag.

EVERY TIME bert hit his horn, you could hear atleast 10 people say "Baa BEEEEEERRRRRRTTTTTT"

160 pounds of ice? wtf?

and yes i will drive to Shoshone for smokes, and drive to Baker for Diesel fuel.

Jules likes where Randog lives, she will actually dance when she says "Rancho Cucomunga, Ranchooo Cucomongaaaa"

eating in Baker is a pain in the arse, 45 min to 2 Gyro's..bastids!

it is always good to meet DDR Peeps, and its fun to party at the misfit camp,

comp at night is always good with lots of wood, beer, friends!

to all i met, it was good, to all I know, it was just as good.

thanks to all who came out to support the dunes, DDR, FoDD and OUR riding area!

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

I'm curious as to what you gave her now, Mike. :headbang1:

Pete, it was the trip to Yosemite that I won in the raffle. When the guy from the tv show started to talk about it, a few in the crowd were saying to give it to Vicky. Well when I won it, that's just exactly what I did. Afterwards I introduced myself to her and told her that I was "HappyHour" on the boards. I told her to have a great time and let me know how it went when she gets back. It was great to meet her, and doing what she does for Dumont........she rocks.......... :rockwoot: :redhat: :dance:

Aside from the heat, it was an awesome weekend!! No injuries, no blow-ups, just one damn loose chain!

Mike (PinzEOD) SO glad you did make it out! Was a bit worried when you called from Tecopa, I knew you were excited about this weekend. Always an adventure with you in camp! :clap:

Steve, Bob, Rick and Sammie, sure glad you all came out, not the same without ya! Duh, Justin and Danielle too!

First time I actually meet up with Cole at the dunes, I still never saw him on his bike, nada, zilch, not once!

Randy (Randog), great conversation as usual Friday night at comp! PM Davey about Roger Waters, but I wanna go too! :D

Julie, Anna, Tiff, as always, fun with you gals around!! Great idea bringing the glow stix Julie.

Dan, Mike (Woody), friendly faces I always enjoy seeing on and off the dunes! Do I hear "sand fight!"

Stacey, it was fun working with you Saturday. Hope we do it again next year. Didn't get to party together, but maybe the next HMS?!? BTW, CUTE puppy!

Jackie and Dave....one of these days dammit :redhat: we WILL camp together!! Always good to see you guys, too! We should get together soon :headbang1:

Hellooo, Pete, can't leave you out! :fro: The new rail looks better in person than online! Glad your weekend included no breakage. Thanks for the stickers and the hospitality. :D

Rebecca, glad you were there, even tho we only got to chat a tiny bit.

Met many a new peep this weekend:

Jodi (buggychick) and hubby Sandbob1973. I enjoyed your company "in the booth" and thanks for the water rescue! Hope to see you two again, let us know when you're coming to Vegas next time. :rockwoot:

Michelle (sandqueen) you rocked the sign in!

Vicki, of course, enjoyed working with you immensely! :clap: Maybe I'll get to the next TRT meeting instead of Davey.

Mike (Kayla's dad) is super cool! Also good to meet you.

Let's see, Jen, fancy meetin' you at the N. pole! :dance:

Kristen (foxysandchick) good conversation also!

I know I met others, many I didn't even know were with DDR, so I'm sure I missed some names.

Everyone who participated should really give themselves a pat on the back!! It was hot, hectic, and downright NUTS at times, but damn it was GREAT!!

post-1889-1174375351.gif

P.S. My feet are STILL swollen!

Edited by dinicolady

Pete, Thanks for opening up your camp to us, I never once felt like an outsider

Mike, Good to hear that its not a trans.

Its hard to dune fast when you can't see

Terry, Thanks for pealing off and heading back to camp when you did

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE THEIR TIME AND ENERGY TO HELP FODD PULL OFF THE BEST CLEANUP YET, THANK YOU. :rockwoot: B) :headbang1:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU all for being so nice to my newb duneing family. :dance: We had a great time. :D I’m not a big tree hugger, but I’ve been riding all my life and I hate trash, it's such :clap: . So thanks Pete and DDR for turning us on to a great weekend. :rockwoot: :redhat:

The weekend was a great success.

1. The wife loved the dunes and the rhino. Thanks again girlwithhorns! :headbang1:

2. her next toy, Rhino and i got the OK for the,

3. My next toy 30’ fifth wheel toy hauler, any suggestions

4. my little ones got way bored, not ready to ride yet

5. I need an 80cc quad for my oldest boy

Had a great time as usual got to hang with a lot of DDR peeps this trip more then any other weekend. Enjoyed every body's company and the parting at comp was great will have to do it more often. And yes Randy I would love to go see Roger if we can swing it.

Sorry to any people that was waiting for the Pinz at the south pole we had to take a detour it would not make it up the hill past comp so we where going to go around but started seeing a lot of trash on the way and started picking it up. We did make it out there but it took a long time to get there but we picked up a lot of trash and that's all that mattered.

Had some great ride's this weekend, didn't notice till Pete mentioned it but I two never made it up comp all weekend I was kind of a flatlander all weekend.

It makes me feel great being part of a group of people like this, you guys kicked butt and I think we should keep that trophy coming to Pete's house for many years to come!!

:redhat: :dance: :headbang1::rockwoot:

Edited by dinicolada

I just wanted to say THANK YOU all for being so nice to my newb duneing family. :beercheers: <snip>

4. my little ones got way bored, not ready to ride yet<snip>

I'm set up with seats and belts for 12 in the back..tis a great bus for keeping kids enthralled...cub scouts love it.

The weekend was a great success.

1. The wife loved the dunes and the rhino. Thanks again girlwithhorns! :ban-split:

2. her next toy, Rhino and i got the OK for the,

3. My next toy 30’ fifth wheel toy hauler, any suggestions

4. my little ones got way bored, not ready to ride yet

5. I need an 80cc quad for my oldest boy

We still have our little Suzuki 80 for sale. I'm throwing in a youth size helmet (never worn, too small for my "youth" :woo_hoo: ) and a child size chest protector we can't use anymore. As for the toyhauler, aim for that forum and you'll get lots-o-information! :mc_smiley: Now's the time to start looking so you'll be ready for next season! :dance:

As for this topic, sorry we didn't get together this weekend, passed by your camp a few times but we were heading out for a ride. Our kids get bored when we go camp hopping just to visit. :dunno:

I have a few more to add:

1. SailAway likes to give raffle tickets to little boys that find green lobsters in the dunes.

2. A Pinzgauer can and WILL go airborn!

3. Some people still wanted to register even after the give-aways had begun.

4. Seeing Ken parked on his quad under an easy-up hogging the shade cracked me up! (We scored one of those nice helmets too :D )

On a positive note, I want to add that I was really surprised how many people came up to us just asking for trash bags. Didn't want raffle tickets, t-shirts or even a lunch ticket, just bags to carry trash in. Also, when asked, "Are you with a group?" the reply was, "No, it's just our family and we are here to help out." My :ban-split: to all of them!

On a truly bummer of a note, on our way back to camp on Sunday, we passed through the comp area and it looked like one of the dumpsters had blown up! It broke my heart to see all the trash out in that area the day after the big cleanup. :(

Had a great time, ended up throwing 14 bags and a EZ-up frame in the dumpster. Hubby enjoyed his last weekend ridding for awhile. Had surgery on his neck today. Can't even drive a car for 6-8 weeks let alone a bike. Glad we got to help.

4. Seeing Ken parked on his quad under an easy-up hogging the shade cracked me up! (We scored one of those nice helmets too :D )

If it weren't for him there would have been NO shade. That was his EZ-UP.

4. Seeing Ken parked on his quad under an easy-up hogging the shade cracked me up! (We scored one of those nice helmets too )

Hey now!!!!!!! I brought the shade, and I was :beercheers: SHARING IT!!

:headbang1: Yes you were, with a lot of people too!! It just struck me as really funny 'cause you were right up against that pole, sitting all comfy with all these people standing around you. Looked like you were trapped in there! :D

Smart move by you, fo sho! :mic: