YOUR PRAYERS ARE NEEDED

king of the hill

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2007 12:34 AM, PST

Good Evening All, Or Should I Say Good Very Early Morning?

Are you sitting down? You May want to Gather Everyone Around , for this Journal Update Contains Extremely Important Information Regarding Daniel.

I Received a Call, as a matter of Fact, several calls a few hours ago from Dawn & Amber. As I answered the Phone, I heard Dawn on the other end of the Phone, it sounded as if she was crying.

As she said, “Daniel”, my Heart Literally Stopped Beating. She said that Daniel told her he loved her! And no, he did not say it with a hand gesture.

I will now back up to let you know the circumstances surrounding how Daniel Spoke his first words.

· First, let me say this, BFF Mason & BFFSW Johnny spent some time with Daniel Tonight. Dawn said they had a great time.

· I will go on Record and Say that having BFF Mason & BFFSW Johnny in Daniel’s Room was Just the Medicine Daniel needed. Daniel was on Sensory Overload.

Does anyone here Remember the Movie Tommy Boy? If you do not, there is a Scene in Which Tommy is Trying to get a Waitress to make him some Chicken Wings, but the Waitress said she could not because the Fryer had been shut down for the night.

Amber was Reciting this Scene when Daniel Spoke his first Words. It went Something Like this: “Hello there pretty little pet, I love you. And then I stroke it, and I pet it, and I massage it. Hehe I love it, I love my little naughty pet, you're naughty!” As Amber was reciting this scene, Daniel whispered, “stroke it.”

Dawn ran over to Daniel and asked him what he said. She then told Daniel she loves him. At first Daniel just mouthed, “I Love You.” And then he was Finally able to say, “I Love You.”

They asked Daniel if he liked the “Hot Pink” Christmas Tree and Daniel said, “it’s blue.” They then asked him if he liked the “Ducks.” Daniel said, “its kitty.” He did let Danny know that he Does Like “School of Rock.” Daniel is insisting that he wants to take Guitar Lessons. This whole time we were wondering if Daniel was really there, he was there and he understood everything he was hearing. This is why he said his favorite color was blue and his favorate animal was a “kitty.” He is just giving us a Typical “Danielism.”

Daniel also let Danny know he liked the “Metal Mulisha” Hoody and that he was going to Give me a Mohawk. We will Record Daniel as he Shaves my Head and Post it on You Tube.

Dawn and the Family are Overjoyed. I told Dawn that it was like Christmas. I then said, “Dawn, it is Christmas!”

· Speech Therapy: Dawn asked the Speech Therapist what was a Realistic Time Frame for when they can expect Daniel to Start Talking. The Speech Therapist said Daniel was doing very well and that it would not be surprising is he spoke as early as today. As we already know, Daniel already Spoke his first words.

· Occupational Therapy: Daniel was successful in putting the Colored Shaped Pegs in the Right Holes. The Therapist said Daniel did an awesome job and that he was Definitely “there.”

· Physical Therapy: Danny said the Physical Therapist had Daniel Walk, with assistance, Fifty Feet, Three Times.

· At the End of the Third Walk, Daniel leaned up against a table to rest. The Therapist Told Daniel that if He could get himself up onto the Table that he would cut the Therapy Short. The Physical Therapist had no Idea who he was talking to. Daniel literally jumped up onto the table and laid down. The Therapist looked at Danny in amazement and said, “I guess were done here.”

For Some Reason I decided to Give Daniel a more Grown Up Web Site & Posted a More Grown up Profile Picture this Afternoon.

Little Did I Know that I was Foreshadowing the Days Events. Daniel has now Graduated from the Child Like State to the “Little Man” we all know.

“The Hatchling has Finally Broke Through the Shell.” Now he needs to Kick off the Rest of the Shell and Break Free.

Thank you Everyone. Do not Minimize the Role Each and Every One of You have Played in Helping Get Daniel to this Point in His Recovery. It has been a Collective Effort and it has Taken Each One of Us to do this. Daniel’s Recovery Process is Overwhelming and he was in a Nearly Impossible Situation.

Daniel’s Future is now and he Needs Us all More Than Ever. I know that everyone must be running on their “Reserve Tank” but, I am asking you all again, can you spare a brother some Strength and Faith?

Merry Christmas

Sleep Tight “DanielSue”

:laughing:

That amazing, uplifting news. :D :D :D :D

I haven't stopped thinking of the little guy this whole time and I won't stop now. Tim, I'm looking forward to that meet/greet with Daniel and family that you you told me about earlier. I have a feeling it is going to be much sooner than originally anticipated. He seems to be on the autobahn to recovery. :laughing:

WOW I was in tears reading that. What an amazing strong little boy!! Although he still has a tough road ahead of him, I truly believe he will weather it no problems. This kid is definately a fighter!!

The power of prayer is a pretty amazing thing, and I continue to pray for this amazing family.

Merry Christmas Murphy family!! :xmas1:

That is great news.I look forward to hearing his recovery progress everyday.Sounds like he is moving right along in the right direction.

Tim I think it is wonderful that you have posted all of the updates on DDR as well as caringbridge for everyone to feel apart of Daniels recovery process. He is a very beautiful and blessed child.

I wish you and his family and Daniel a very Happy Holiday and New Year.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2007 01:35 AM, PST

Hello Everyone:

Vocabulary Word of the Day = Danielism

Dan-iel-ism: dan-yuh l iz-uh m

Main Entry: Danielism

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: mock

Synonyms: comeback, irony,

lampooning, rancor, satire,

superciliousness,

wisecrack

Tonight feels like a Night to Just Relax and Enjoy Some “Danielism’s.”

As Daniel starts to Verbally Communicate it is becoming more apparent that some of his understanding of the Human Language seems to have been “Scrambled” just a little bit.

“Dorks”

Daniel asked his Mom, “What is a Man?”

Dawn explained to Daniel; “Your Dad is a Man.” “You are a Boy.” “I am a Woman.” & “Your Sisters are Girls.”

Dawn asked Daniel if he Understood what she was Saying.

Daniel said “Yes.” “My Dad is a Man.” “I am a Boy.” “You are a Woman.” & “Leanna and Amber are…….Dorks.”

“Scrambled or Unscrambled?”

“Trash”

Danny thought Daniel’s Mind was Scrambled, so he showed Daniel a Picture of his Room. (Typical 9 Year Olds Bedroom)

Danny asked Daniel if he knew what he was looking at.

Daniel Replied, “Trash.”

Danny said, “No, this is your Room.”

Daniel looked at the Picture again and said, “Oh, yes, my room.”

As Danny looked at the picture a 2nd time he thought to himself that yes, he could see how Daniel thought it was a picture of “Trash.”

“Obviously”

Danny was still concerned that Daniel’s Mind was Scrambled and was having Difficulty Processing Terminology.

Danny went and Found a Picture of Daniel’s Motorcycle.

He Showed Daniel the Picture and said, “This is your dirtbike.”

Daniel Looked at the Picture and Quietly said to Himself, “Obviously.”

“Snake”

While Daniel was in Occupational Therapy, the Therapist gave Daniel a 6” piece of rolled clay and told him they were going to make a “Snake” by Rolling the Clay back and Forth on the Table with their Hands. The Therapist asked Daniel to try to make his snake as long as he could.

Daniel took the Clay into his hands and began to Pull the Clay Apart. As he did this, the Clay began to Stretch. When he was done, he handed his “Snake” to the Therapist.

The Therapist look at Danny and said, “I guess that’s one way to do it.”

The Therapist then asked Daniel to do it “His Way.”

“Scrambled or Unscrambled”

“Don’t Ditch Me”

Daniel was laying in Bed watching TV and appeared to be tired.

Amber walked over to him and said, “Daniel, do you want me to turn the TV off so you can sleep?

Daniel replied, “No because you will Ditch Me.”

Amber said, “What?”

Daniel then said, “Don’t Ditch Me.”

Amber felt bad because he was Relating the TV being Turned Off at the End of the Night with her leaving for the night.

“Scrambled or Unscrambled”

The End

*Please Visit the DDR Website at dumontduneriders.com

Pete spent some time putting together an Awesome Page in Honor of Daniel.

Thanks Pete it “Rocks.”

:xmas1:

I am so glad to hear daniel is progressing so quickly. He is a strong little man, as well as his family. And Tim we appreciate all the updates. And we definately appreciate the page Pete took the time to create as a tribute to Daniel and his family. We are all praying for him!!! I hope to someday meet the little guy and give him a high five for all the hard work he has done!!!

God Bless!!

I am so glad he is doing better! I hit the caringbridge site several times a day to see the updates.. Looks like it will be a good XMas for the Murphy family.

By the way Pete, I saw the Daniel Murphy page here and that was really nice! My hats off to you! You are a class act! DDR's support for Daniel and his family is inspiring! Its amazing how many people have been brought together in a time of need.

DDR rocks!

MONDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2007 07:57 PM, CST

At this sacred season, we reaffirm the reality of the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

It is His holy influence that stirs mankind to acts of mercy and kindness. He who has “borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows” inspires each of us to reach out with love to the poor, the lonely, and the downtrodden.

May this Christmas season remind us that the Prince of Peace, who stilled the tempest on the Sea of Galilee, has the power to calm the storms in our personal lives.

May His peace fill our hearts and homes throughout the coming year as we strive to walk in His ways.

[We would like to express our gratitude to all of our friends and family this Christmas day.

May your day be Merry and Bright!

Merry Christmas!

With Love,

The Murphys

:beercheers:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2007 08:00 PM, PST

Good Day All!

So, what do you all think? Do you think it is about time that we start getting back to Our Daily Updates?

I figured that we would give the Murphy's a break and let them enjoy their family for a few days. The Family had a Great Christmas Under the Circumstances.

*Hey Steve, Daniel says to let you know "Thank You." Daniel and the Family are very great full for the gift. It was very thoughtful of you.

*Daniel really enjoys the Remote Control "Fart Machine" and "Burp Machine" his cousins gave him. Dawn said he thinks it is great, but she has other things to say.

Daniel also received a new IPOD. He enjoys listening to "Smack That", "1985", & listening to Soldier Boy.

Update:

Daniel can now Wheel himself around in his wheelchair all by himself.

Daniel may not need the wheelchair too much longer. Dawn said he tried to get up and walk away from it today.

He is able to go from lying down to sitting up without any help.

Daniel can now Walk on his Own! He was able to walk today without any assistance. He is still a bit "Wobbly", but is doing great.

He is Starting to get his Balance back.

Daniel can eat with his Right Hand. He does not need to be spoon fed.

Both Sides of Daniel's Face "Smile" now.

During Daniel's Occupational Therapy Session, Daniel was "Playing with Blocks." He was able to line up his ABC's in Order.

During his Physical Therapy Session, I already told you he was walking on his own. The Therapist had Daniel Kicking a Ball and had him Play Catch with his Dad. Danny said that he was Playing with a 6" Rubber Ball. They stood about 6' apart and he was able to catch the ball 9 times out of 10. He was also able to throw the Ball back to Danny!

Danny will be in Pahrump tomorrow for work so Dawn will be going to her first Weekly Progress Meeting.

She will be meeting with the Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Physical Therapist, Doctor, Case Worker, and her Insurance Agent.

We will Post an Update after the Meeting.

Dawn said that Daniel is able to Take Showers now and is enjoying them immensely.

Daniel is Now Officially off of his "Blood Pressure Patch."

I am so Happy that I think we should share a few "Danielisms."

Dawn said that Daniel is like a Parrot. He repeats everything you say. All he does is Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, & Talk. I thing he has 4 Weeks of Talking to Make up for.

Danny said that when Grandpa Murphy Came to see him he needed to tell him, "Thank you Sir May I have Another." Daniel said, "Thank you Sir May I have Another." Daniel paused for a second and then said, "..another what?"

On another occasion, Danny was showing us how Daniel was Repeating everything he said. He told Daniel, "I am a Robot." And Daniel said, "I am a Robot." Danny then said, "I will do anything you tell me to do." And Daniel said, "I will do anything you tell me to do." Finally Danny said, "When I get home I will clean my room." Daniel repeated, "When I get home I will clean my room......not."

Well, I think it is time to sign off for now. I could go on for hours, but I will save some stories for later.

Stay Strong

Keep the Faith

Keep Praying

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2007 08:00 PM, PST

Good Day All!

So, what do you all think? Do you think it is about time that we start getting back to Our Daily Updates?

I figured that we would give the Murphy's a break and let them enjoy their family for a few days. The Family had a Great Christmas Under the Circumstances.

*Hey Steve, Daniel says to let you know "Thank You." Daniel and the Family are very great full for the gift. It was very thoughtful of you.

*Daniel really enjoys the Remote Control "Fart Machine" and "Burp Machine" his cousins gave him. Dawn said he thinks it is great, but she has other things to say.

Daniel also received a new IPOD. He enjoys listening to "Smack That", "1985", & listening to Soldier Boy.

Update:

Daniel can now Wheel himself around in his wheelchair all by himself.

Daniel may not need the wheelchair too much longer. Dawn said he tried to get up and walk away from it today.

He is able to go from lying down to sitting up without any help.

Daniel can now Walk on his Own! He was able to walk today without any assistance. He is still a bit "Wobbly", but is doing great.

He is Starting to get his Balance back.

Daniel can eat with his Right Hand. He does not need to be spoon fed.

Both Sides of Daniel's Face "Smile" now.

During Daniel's Occupational Therapy Session, Daniel was "Playing with Blocks." He was able to line up his ABC's in Order.

During his Physical Therapy Session, I already told you he was walking on his own. The Therapist had Daniel Kicking a Ball and had him Play Catch with his Dad. Danny said that he was Playing with a 6" Rubber Ball. They stood about 6' apart and he was able to catch the ball 9 times out of 10. He was also able to throw the Ball back to Danny!

Danny will be in Pahrump tomorrow for work so Dawn will be going to her first Weekly Progress Meeting.

She will be meeting with the Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Physical Therapist, Doctor, Case Worker, and her Insurance Agent.

We will Post an Update after the Meeting.

Dawn said that Daniel is able to Take Showers now and is enjoying them immensely.

Daniel is Now Officially off of his "Blood Pressure Patch."

I am so Happy that I think we should share a few "Danielisms."

Dawn said that Daniel is like a Parrot. He repeats everything you say. All he does is Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, & Talk. I think he has 4 Weeks of Talking to Make up for.

Danny told Daniel that when Grandpa Murphy Comes to see him he needed to tell him, "Thank you Sir May I have Another." Daniel said, "Thank you Sir May I have Another." Daniel paused for a second and then said, "..another what?"

On another occasion, Danny was showing us how Daniel was Repeating everything he said. He told Daniel, "I am a Robot." And Daniel said, "I am a Robot." Danny then said, "I will do anything you tell me to do." And Daniel said, "I will do anything you tell me to do." Finally Danny said, "When I get home I will clean my room." Daniel repeated, "When I get home I will clean my room......not."

Well, I think it is time to sign off for now. I could go on for hours, but I will save some stories for later.

Stay Strong

Keep the Faith

Keep Praying

*Can you keep a Secret? I am revealing this Information to the DDR Members Only.

Daniel Likes to :lol: , he laughs and laughs everytime!!! :flipoff:

DanielAcidWashConcrete.jpgDanielDustinGirlsWedding.jpg

Circlethew.jpg

I borrowed this picture from the site.

When Daniel is Ready, why don't we put the Murphy Family in the middle of the Circle?

As more and more people show up, we can keep adding rings around the Murphy Camp.

We could make a Dumont Dune Record for the Largest Campsite Ever.

"Circle the Wagons."