WTF? The things you find

desertskyz

As I was sitting on my patio this morning nursing a small hangover, thinking to myself "I am never drinking again". :dunno: I see my dog smelling something in the middle of my yard, not 10 feet from where I was sitting. All of the sudden he jumps about 3 feet in the air :slap: and goes back to sniffing, with great caution, something. I get up and walk over to him wondering what had scared him so bad and causing such great curiosity. WTF! A baby tortoise. It is so cute. The kid two houses down from me lost one about a month ago. But this guy is so little, I not sure he could have lived that long out there. I don think it is a your basic Desert Tortoise because his front legs are kind of spiky. I guess I'll find out if it is his later.

He likes strawberries

post-1439-1212341034_thumb.jpg

post-1439-1212341079_thumb.jpg

post-1439-1212341105_thumb.jpg

Edited by desertskyz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he looks to be about a year or 2 old its not a desert tourtouis my wife cant remember what type it is. i think shes gonna research it for you. she has a tortoius license of all things. we have a desert tourtois

ill let you know

Edited by barefoot bob

I haven't been able to talk to the kid two doors down yet, but Danny is pretty sure it is the one he lost 1 1/2 ago. OMG he/she is sooooo freakin' cute. And it poo's alot. :shit_fan: I have a small amount of knowledge about tortoise's, I can care for him for along time. I think I can put him my my veggie garden every now and then. He can't get out cause it is enclosed with block and dog fence. But I have to do the right thing and see if it belongs to the kid. I shouldn't for only one reason, and one reason alone, (HOW DO YOU LET A TORTOISE THAT LITTLE GET AWAY) I don't feel that he is taking care of it right.

I :banghead: tortoise's, but having two Large Malinois (dog's) it would not be safe to let it out.

i beleive you found a sulcata tortoise

i want one but he wife says no

Yep! that is what it is. I looked it up. Thanks. Well, the little guy belongs to the kid. he bought it somewhere. :( So, I gave it back to him. The look on his face was priceless :rolleyes: :flowers: :rolleyes::rolleyes: The kid, a 25 year old guy who lives with his Mom (there a reasons for that) :banghead: . Sulcata Tortoise can get up to 200 lbs. I really don't need a Tortoise that gets bigger then my dogs and me. Is a eating and pooping machine, and is smart.

Has anyone had something adopte them? I have had a few things the tortoise has got to be the oddest.

• 2 months later...

Your not gonna believe this, but yep found the tortoise again. This time it was in Dannys drive way, just strolling up. I couldn't believe it. I said, "screw this I'm keeping him" but Danny wouldn't let me take him. He gave him back to the kid. The kid says that it keeps getting out the dog door. :DDRrocks: :angry2: How low is your dog door. The tortoise is only about 3 inches tall at the middle of his back. Friggin' dumb azz! I hope I find next time. Dude ain't gettin' this tortoise back and know one know I have him.

Your not gonna believe this, but yep found the tortoise again. This time it was in Dannys drive way, just strolling up. I couldn't believe it. I said, "screw this I'm keeping him" but Danny wouldn't let me take him. He gave him back to the kid. The kid says that it keeps getting out the dog door. :driver::flipoff: How low is your dog door. The tortoise is only about 3 inches tall at the middle of his back. Friggin' dumb azz! I hope I find next time. Dude ain't gettin' this tortoise back and know one know I have him.

:dunno: How would you like it if someone kept your tortoise :DDRrocks: :angry2:

:shake:

He probably doesent want the darn thing and you keep returning it to him..LOL..KEEP IT

How could you let something that cute and small roam around your house without stepping on it or losing it more then 2 times.. :lol:

What I want to know if how the heck do cats know to find cat people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have had two momma cats find our d*mn house and have there kittens.. so we move, and be damned if last week I am out back and here the tiny little meow, I think oh sh*t, yeap 3 little kittens, so KITCAT you want 2 little kittens, you still have to give em milk, we'd do it but my wife is preg so we cant do it this time :lol::idea: