New to me Monster Manx.....YEEEHAAAAW

JoeDuner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car, HATE THE FENDERS!!!! :dunno: NOT that I have a car or anything. Just my 2 cents. Bitchen ride though. :old:

The fenders are pretty ugly but that's the price you pay for STREET LEGAL. ;) Sick car!

awesome car for sure. I like the body and fenders. I think thats one of the things that makes those cars look so cool. Doesnt look like every other cookie cutter car out there. The dejongs run the whoops like no other. Congrats Bro

Congratulations Joe!! Glad to have you back in he fold. But you better start saving up for an upgraded trans for that motor!!

:dunno: My guess is that there are over 500 cars out there with a 2d behind an LS1. I think its more driving style that will brake the tranny. This car originally had a 4e in it and had no problems I hear. :old: Edited by OGP

Do you know how much the car weighs? It looks like the front end comes up easy. To me that is bad a$$. As far as the 2d Goes i have had two of them in very heavy cars with 450- 525 HP and they both held up just fine. Once again congrats Joe

Do you know how much the car weighs? It looks like the front end comes up easy. To me that is bad a$$. As far as the 2d Goes i have had two of them in very heavy cars with 450- 525 HP and they both held up just fine. Once again congrats Joe

I dont think iti s necessarily hp... but the torque that hurts the tranny... I had approx 400 to 450 in the last buggy but it did fine... but in the back of my mind I always worried about it. Congrats again Joe My wife and I are HAPPY for you!!! :old::usa::dunno:

OGP is right.. the fenders set it aside from other builders kinda like the funco does with the Mini Van appeal :blah::blah::blah:

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

I dont think iti s necessarily hp... but the torque that hurts the tranny... I had approx 400 to 450 in the last buggy but it did fine... but in the back of my mind I always worried about it. Congrats again Joe My wife and I are HAPPY for you!!! :usa::blah::dunno:

OGP is right.. the fenders set it aside from other builders kinda like the funco does with the Mini Van appeal :blah::blah::blah:

Capt

If you cant keep up with the mini vans, you might as well talk shiat about them lol :old:

Haaa.... havnt even seen yours for a few lol... me and Bob was talkin bout you yesterday.... wheres OGP :old: ....on his rhino :usa:

Hopefully we all can get more time in the seat this year... you didnt trade yours off at the auction did you? lol :dunno:

Capt

Haaa.... havnt even seen yours for a few lol... me and Bob was talkin bout you yesterday.... wheres OGP :usa: ....on his rhino :blah:

Hopefully we all can get more time in the seat this year... you didnt trade yours off at the auction did you? lol :dunno:

Capt

I didnt have the chance to take my mini van out to dumont last yr. Did 7 Glamis trips with it but no dumont. Hoping this season I will get more dumont seat time in it. Going to the dunes with just the rhino sucks!

Im curious how well the dejong is going to handle for Joe compared to his mini van. I know he said the mini van was the best handling car hes ever driven. Also my experience. I know the Dejongs are killer through the whoops and big bumps but very interested to see how it turns. I have driven my neighbors Dejong a few times and it felt ok, but didnt push it like my own car of course.

Any bets on how long he keeps this one? LOL :old:

I didnt have the chance to take my mini van out to dumont last yr. Did 7 Glamis trips with it but no dumont. Hoping this season I will get more dumont seat time in it. Going to the dunes with just the rhino sucks!

Im curious how well the dejong is going to handle for Joe compared to his mini van. I know he said the mini van was the best handling car hes ever driven. Also my experience. I know the Dejongs are killer through the whoops and big bumps but very interested to see how it turns. I have driven my neighbors Dejong a few times and it felt ok, but didnt push it like my own car of course.

2 months lol :dunno: ... :clown:

Capt

New car by January 2011. I can't talk though, I change bikes like every three months. :dunno:

Nice looking car Joe

I think we passed you on our way to Vegas Thursday afternoon. We were at the In-N-Out at Hesperia and my wife said we just passed a trailer with a DDR sticker on it.

White lifted GMC and Weekend Warrior. One daytime driving light out.

Nice looking car Joe

I think we passed you on our way to Vegas Thursday afternoon. We were at the In-N-Out at Hesperia and my wife said we just passed a trailer with a DDR sticker on it.

White lifted GMC and Weekend Warrior. One daytime driving light out.

Yep Tim. That was me. The traffic was horrible coming back. :dunno:

nice car. A friend had a 2d with a turnkey 450hp LS1 and hammered it, the only problems were a weak reverse gear (broke getting unstuck) and the 2nd slider from hard shifts. Use reverse only if you have to and never to get unstuck, and a magnetic drain plug will help save ring&pinion if reverse or any gear face lifts, and the 2d should last. AZ will plate it if Nv doesn't