going to armagosa tomorrow

RAGDOLL MX

well to start off....it went badly....

6am.

we got a late start to begin with, and that wasnt even problem. we hooked up the hauler to owen's dodge, and the flat trailer to my pathfinder ( i was towing out Ken and Jerry's quads). we loaded the hauler with the rail and too many essentials for a day trip, and threw 2 bikes in the back of the dodge.

7am

We finally got all the gas, and got on the road, (here is where the fun begins)

8am

we get 12 miles before Indian Springs and i notice a mist on my windshield, hit the wipers and instant blur! I notice that Owens truck is starting to smoke a little. we pull over and it is just covered in trans fluid. so were stuck on the side of the road with owens tranny has over heated (his programmer was tuned to high) so we let it cool down and off we go. make it to indian springs and check all the fluid and were all good.

930am

we get another 4 miles down the road and now my trailer has a blown tire. so i down load the quads on the side of the road, drive all the way back to my house, drop off the trailer and go get Jerrys trailer, and haull a$$ back.

1045am

back on the road, make it to Armagosa and start un loading about 1130.

well now the fun with the rail begins.

Pat (Sandawg) was following me on my first run in the car, I was really nervous, Ive never driven a sand car, but it seemed pretty natural to drive.

buzzing around, using the turning brake and getting used to how the car drove. and then i stopped to take a break when it wouldnt start. The starting cable came off the starter (it was stretched to tight)...ok no biggie, i jump it with a screw driver and off we go.

now come the only time i got stranded. Cruising along in about 3rd gear getting ready to down shift when suddenly a Tsunami Sand wall from hell!! I was completly blinded and the car was non responsive! I finally stopped and noticed the front wheels arguing with eachother on what direction they wanted to go!!!....I thought HOLY sh*t i just broke the tie rod....NOPE..the dam nut worked its way off (or i was sabatoged by a lawn gnome prior to leaving). well I get out and look around, and actually found the Heim alingment peice, just no nut. So back to camp for some parts.

I get back and get it fixed enough to get to camp we. the car was losing oil pressure, had some lose nuts and bolts, fixed the carb, pulled some plugs, put on a new throttle cable.

went out for another run, i kept losing oil pressure and there was oil all over the motor...I have no idea where its coming from.

got loaded up and decided to work on it at home, i dont want to blow the motor.

so tomorrow i have alot ahead of me, degrease, and make some shock mounts to replace the edlebrock that are on the car.

and by the way, it was baby Ava's first dune trip, she was such a good baby, she didnt mind the noise and she loved to dune in the dodge!!!

i know it was a little long story, but thats what happened

post-693-1257742561_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257742492_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257742437_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257742677_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257743057_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257743113_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257743158_thumb.jpg

post-693-1257743245_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

Sure was an Adventure yesterday. Thanks for bring me along Cole. It has been along time since a was able to ride for that many miles. All in all a pretty good day despite the mishaps I think we all had fun especially Ava, what a sweet little girl she is!!

Sure was an Adventure yesterday. Thanks for bring me along Cole. It has been along time since a was able to ride for that many miles. All in all a pretty good day despite the mishaps I think we all had fun especially Ava, what a sweet little girl she is!!

I agree Ken, it was a shake down day after all and we did shake stuff down!!

It was my second trip to Armagosa and the first time I actually got to do some riding. I will go back as it is good even for a small rail like mine and some good bowls and nice hills. I only saw a small portion of the dunes but it looks like it has possibilities.

Ava was so good and seemed to smile a lot more than Cole did!!!! (Except after his first ride, he was smiling ear to ear) Not to worry Cole a few small things to correct!! Lock Tight and locking nutss!

The Barney Fife cable mount and finding the oil leak!!

A great group of people and not that long of a drive!!

Hey cole!!!How come you left 3 hours before me and we got there at the same time????? :lol::old:

We both, Cole and I got enough sand in our jets to make a sand box!!!!!! :banghead:

And, How about that Rescue Tape????? Too neat!! thanks Owen! :headbang1:

Edited by SANDAWG

And, How about that Rescue Tape????? Too neat!! thanks Owen! :headbang1:

That stuff is the sh*t isnt it!!!!!!!!!!

I repaired my sisters water tank at Coral Pink when everyone said it cant be done as Wingnut and some others had the same issue and couldnt for the life of them fix it......several wraps of Rescue Tape and it sealed perfectly.It was still dripping water when I started.

I repaired my sisters water tank at Coral Pink when everyone said it cant be done as Wingnut and some others had the same issue and couldnt for the life of them fix it......several wraps of Rescue Tape and it sealed perfectly.It was still dripping water when I started.

Maybe you could give craig a piece of that stuff??? He is pulling his talk out to go have it repaired.. :banghead: then again he probally put so much crap on that leak you could never seal it! :headbang1:

Cole...sucks you had a lot of trouble...but at least you didn't blow the motor :lol: .

But I gotta ask...you guys going to be able to get that hauler over Potosi :headbang1: .

So was driving what you expected it to be like?

I know I was scared and thrilled at the same time when I first drove the rail, but it got easier each time. :banghead:

Cole, i would take the engine apart and check the cylinders, how long was the car sitting before sold ? maybe rust in cylinders has caused pitting witch would make you get poor seal from rings. Did you figure out where its leaking from yet ? full seal kit is about 50 bucks if I remember correctly for a VW.

Cole, i would take the engine apart and check the cylinders, how long was the car sitting before sold ? maybe rust in cylinders has caused pitting witch would make you get poor seal from rings. Did you figure out where its leaking from yet ? full seal kit is about 50 bucks if I remember correctly for a VW.

It appears to be leaking not burning it out. I suggested to do a compression check before tearing it apart.

You think thats good. Ask Skinner how he fixed a huge hole in his water tank with a water bottle, silicone baking glove deal, some electrical tape and a shrader valve :P

Just ordered a roll of 1"X12' clear from Amazon for 15 bucks w/shipping!

it was better than expected, and its all little sh*t that i have to worry about. the motor its self is good, iam not to worried about it. i found the oil leak...going to adjust the calves this week, and rebuild the carb. it should be coming along just fine in a few days.

it was better than expected, and its all little sh*t that i have to worry about. the motor its self is good, iam not to worried about it. i found the oil leak...going to adjust the calves this week, and rebuild the carb. it should be coming along just fine in a few days.

Do you turn the utter in or out for the Calve? :beercheers::ban-split:

Capt

Do you turn the utter in or out for the Calve? :headspin: :lol:

Capt

:ban-split:

That's an easy one Capt.....

If you're turning it IN for your Calve and nothing gets better, then turn it the Utter way. :laughing:

:blah:

Oh yeah, one last thing..... :shout: Get-r-Done Notch-yO. :blah: Come-on mANg

:beercheers:

R-