My new 2006 Duramax

vegas style

well after shopping forever -8 months- i found a truck. 2006 Silverado LT Duramax 4x4 with 34,000 miles. its very clean and has most of the upgrades i would have done aftermarket fuel tank 40+ gallon, tint, exhaust, tires, brake controller. now i need a class on all the buttons and switches and tow mode stuff. it came with every manual for the truck engine and trans. a lot of reading. im very happy red wasnt my first choice but its growing on me. :rainbow1: :dope:

post-978-1278006663_thumb.jpg

post-978-1278006712_thumb.jpg

post-978-1278006747_thumb.jpg

post-978-1278006781_thumb.jpg

Nice truck Steve. The only thing I don't like about my truck is the placement of the heated seat switches. Sometimes I roll up or down my window and accidentially bump that switch without knowing it. Then a few minutes my back is getting hot. Other than that the truck is Awsome. It will tow your trailer like its not even back there.

BTY Carmax is a great company. I had a front wheel bearing go out after I bought it. I have the 100,000 mile warranty and they replaced both front bearings because they figured it was safer that way. Cost me $50 for the deductable.

Can't go wrong with that truck. The red looks great. Those steering wheel buttons and DIC will keep you busy for a little bit with all the settings you can change. Make sure you save the settings with the memory buttons on the door.

Oh yeah, congrats! :rainbow1:

yea still loving it! tomorrow i get to set up the surius sat. figure out some of the controls and move all the truck stuff in.

BPguy--yea the heated seat button is easy to hit and turn on and will cook you but, yesterday i had the heat on for a sore back mussel with the AC blowing full.

and i did add the carmax 7 year 100,000 mile warranty the truck was out of factory warranty.

pete--yes it is good to be done shopping and i think i ended up with one of the best trucks i looked at.

cruzer-- shopping for tow mirrors now

going to have make sign for the dash to remind my to look back and check the hauler i will not even feel its there.... and the Red has grown on me i like it now!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice truck Steve. The only thing I don't like about my truck is the placement of the heated seat switches. Sometimes I roll up or down my window and accidentially bump that switch without knowing it. Then a few minutes my back is getting hot. Other than that the truck is Awsome. It will tow your trailer like its not even back there.

BTY Carmax is a great company. I had a front wheel bearing go out after I bought it. I have the 100,000 mile warranty and they replaced both front bearings because they figured it was safer that way. Cost me $50 for the deductable.

That warranty sounds like a good idea.

I just had to replace the front wheel bearing on my wifes tahoe; an 07 with 40k miles(just out of warranty). I pulled the thing apart, and drove up to the dealership...that lil' :ban-split: cost me $450 just for the part, and I did the work myself. I told the wife to stop cornering like shes in nascar :ban-split::ban-split:

A $50 copay sounds pretty good to me!