Thirsty Thursday (Henderson)

dunefreak

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to have missed everyone last night, our plan was to come by after picking up the better half at the airport................BUT my new F350 started making a high pitch and the turbo temp was climbing. We made a quick dash to Friendly Ford and we've not heard back on what they have found..... :stirthepot: The truck only has 35K miles on it...... :hello: . I was bitchin to the service guy about it being a new truck with this kind of issue is beyond me. He said that he does not see many of the new 06-08 model F350's come in with this type of problem, if it's a turbo.... :laughing:

Edited by Sandpirates2

Sounds kinda like an exhaust back pressure valve problem. It might be sticking halfway closed. It is used to help warm up the motor when its cold. Otherwise maybe a boost leak like one of the tubes to the intercooler piping has come off. Both will cause exhaust temps to rise.

Sounds kinda like an exhaust back pressure valve problem. It might be sticking halfway closed. It is used to help warm up the motor when its cold. Otherwise maybe a boost leak like one of the tubes to the intercooler piping has come off. Both will cause exhaust temps to rise.

JJ - does a boost leak make a high pitch squeal and increase thru acceleration? The guy at Ford said that they think that's what it might be. There Turbo guy is back on Monday, so there holding until he looks at it.

:lol:

The issue turns out to have been a exhaust back pressure valve that was stuck. This is where the noise was coming from the back pressure, and the turbo also ran hotter than usual. They checked out the turbo, all seems to be fine, but I've got it documented in the records that if my turbo goes, we all know it was overheated due to the bad valve.....I've got another 35K on the warranty so if it's bad, I'm hoping that it would happen before another 35K.

Thanks lvnalolife

i lived out in Green Valley for a few years and still have family there. when is the next gathering and i will make the journey to get the first round ON ME...hows that for a newb buying some friends!?!? :beat:

kidding but i am due for a trip to Vegas and will gladly schedule one around a gathering. i would luv to hear about the dunes out there. yet to experience them and looking forward to it.

what the heck...first round of Footwash is on me. :blury:

i lived out in Green Valley for a few years and still have family there. when is the next gathering and i will make the journey to get the first round ON ME...hows that for a newb buying some friends!?!? :beat:

kidding but i am due for a trip to Vegas and will gladly schedule one around a gathering. i would luv to hear about the dunes out there. yet to experience them and looking forward to it.

what the heck...first round of Footwash is on me. :blury:

Welcome Jen.

There are usually a handful of peeps (at least about 5-8 or so) that meet up just about every Thurs at the PT's in Henderson. :lol:

The issue turns out to have been a exhaust back pressure valve that was stuck. This is where the noise was coming from the back pressure, and the turbo also ran hotter than usual. They checked out the turbo, all seems to be fine, but I've got it documented in the records that if my turbo goes, we all know it was overheated due to the bad valve.....I've got another 35K on the warranty so if it's bad, I'm hoping that it would happen before another 35K.

Thanks lvnalolife

Sorry for not getting back to you yet. I rarely check this until it gets closer to Thirsty Thursday. Glad they were able to figure it out for you. Here is a site with a lot of good info on it

Diesel Stop

Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything.

Welcome Jen.

There are usually a handful of peeps (at least about 5-8 or so) that meet up just about every Thurs at the PT's in Henderson. :beat:

good to know! thanks and i will see what i can do to get out there... cool!

good to know! thanks and i will see what i can do to get out there... cool!

Sounds good. Sometimes you may even catch a TT where a good 20+ people show up. We've owned half the bar on the occasions! :whoop: Let us know when you plan to come into town and we'll try to round up an extra few people to give you a good Thirsty Thursday welcome. :blink:

mmmmm Thirsty Thursdays!!! As long as we arent going to flyinryans i will be good... Cant wait for this week.. Freak we drinking this week?

hahaha. Yep, sounds good to me. I couldn't wait till tomorrow though so I'm throwing one back right now as we speak. :chev_bowtie: mmm

I'll be up for some more tomorrow at PT's too if you and whoever wanna meet up. :D I'm down. :lol:

I am going to try to make it tonight since I don't have to work tomorrow. We'll see it's been a crazy week, I'll see how tired I am around 7-7:30. A big ole PT's burger sounds good. Maybe I'll get my BNFPG to come with me. I doubt it tho.

Heck yea, tell Danny to come on out. Tell him I said he had to. :rockwoot::D:headbang1:

Sounds good. Sometimes you may even catch a TT where a good 20+ people show up. We've owned half the bar on the occasions! :rockon: Let us know when you plan to come into town and we'll try to round up an extra few people to give you a good Thirsty Thursday welcome. :rockwoot:

Yep....all good, but those are better....SF Woody :headbang1:

My wife and I went at about 630 to about 810 and i guessed we missed everyone :blury:

maybe next time. I shall be on the lurk for some of you tonight :ninja::D

Capt

ahh that sucks David. :( Sorry we missed you. I showed up kinda late (about 9:00) and Joe Duner and sand~snake followed shortly behind me. (I needed their help with something I had to do)

Skyz was there earlier but I don't think you've met her yet. :dunno:

Had a good time last night. I said "ummm excuse me sir....... excuse me but are you a DDR guy? He said yes, it was justntime. We have a couple of beers before anyone got there. Nice to meet you.

Just couple of things:

sand~snake is very very secure.

B*tch Burgers

Pork and Sliders should NEVER be said in the same sentence much less on a menu.