Thoughts from the last Dumont Trip of the Season

Duneraider

It's happened for years now:

The last day of the last trip, last walk around checking the RV before we head home,, knowing it'll be quite some time untill Dune season is back, and thoughts of the year pass through my pea size brain:

New Years, Thanksgiving,, school breaks, the kids both getting new quads, the wife getting a new quad,, the fun, sadly too,, the accidents,,,

All these thoughts pass through, and Dumont seems even a more special place than ever.

Start to appreciate it more, and miss it more and respect it more I guess.

Edited by Duneraider

That's a very touching video. RIP Randy and Stephanie.

Ross, it's funny you brought this up. I had similair feelings the last trip walking around outside of camp after everything was packed up and it was time to go. I thought of all the good times I had with great friends in such a wonderful place. I have met so many people and new friends out there as well. Many memories were made at Dumont and every year that place becomes more and more meaningful to me. It's like a whole separate world of it's own out there that I gain appreciation for every season. :D

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It does remind you about how fortunate we all are....

I've been going out to the "D" for many years before DDR. But since DDR it has become much more special. I've made friends(At least I think you guys are my friends lol) that are like family.

I know that we sometimes annoy each other or hurt each others feelings....but the positives out way that crap way more!!!!!!

Just think of the things we talk about, the goofy sh*t we all do together out there.....you can't put a price tag on that!!! I even proposed to Tiffany out there(Thanks OGP). Does that say how much I love that place and what it means to me?

It's funny because we all crab about"Thank God dune season is almost over" by about the middle of March. But here I sit on April 17th jonesing for dumont!!!! I'm just glad that I had another great year out there with all my friends and we are all safe!!!!

Let's be honest this isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle!!!! :laughing:

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It does remind you about how fortunate we all are....

I've been going out to the "D" for many years before DDR. But since DDR it has become much more special. I've made friends(At least I think you guys are my friends lol) that are like family.

I know that we sometimes annoy each other or hurt each others feelings....but the positives out way that crap way more!!!!!!

Just think of the things we talk about, the goofy sh*t we all do together out there.....you can't put a price tag on that!!! I even proposed to Tiffany out there(Thanks OGP). Does that say how much I love that place and what it means to me?

It's funny because we all crab about"Thank God dune season is almost over" by about the middle of March. But here I sit on April 17th jonesing for dumont!!!! I'm just glad that I had another great year out there with all my friends and we are all safe!!!!

Let's be honest this isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle!!!! :laughing:

AMEN!

You proposed to Tiffany? :laughing: When's the wedding? :shake:

J/K :laughoff:

Thank you very much for sharing that video, and your thoughts.

I know we have all made some very close friends out at Dumont.. We all know the risks, and maybe that is why we are all so close.

To my second Dumont Family :laughing:

To Randy and Stephanie, you are missed very much as it seems by your friends as well R.I.P

Wow , that was a great video . Just reminds me of how grateful i am and the things in life i have , friends family and everything else , i still have goosbumps from watchin it

R.I.P

Randy and Stephanie

Edited by 1bad4fiddy

I cant see the video cuz im at work right now.

But I can comment to the expirence that I had at dumont this seaon. Our last trip was darrells birthday last month. unfortunately the quad blew up after it being in the shop since right before Christmas (hmm which means we actually only got 1/4 of the dune season to ride :DDRrocks: )...

But the times we did spend out there were times to never forget! I learned how to conquer fears and go up comp hill. I got to expirence a razorback and a witch's finger lol I gotta say though, The good times came from the campfires and booze. Eating smores and talking about the good ol times while creating memories and stories to tell at next dune season. Being able to actually see the stars, and not the ones tha we would usually see here in vegas. But the calming sence knowing that if you had a hell of a bad week that it would all just go away once you started your trip to dumont. There is so much more i wanna put, but like I said Im at work and ill get busted lol...