would you rent someone your toyhauler for a decent amount of money?

Richard Cheese

I never even considered yes, but the amount per night offered was way more than the camp n style charge for their setup per night

the wife and i were discussing it, light-heartedly, and i brought up the fact that last year, we loaned some GOOD FRIENDS our ranger for one weekend, and they brought it back with a flat tire, no gas, and a pretty decent scratch down the side :laughoff:

is there a right amount of money for you to rent your hauler out, given all the procedures like deposit, CC # etc were in place?

:laughoff:

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!! I have only loaned one of my possessions worth any decent amount of money and that is my quad and only to 1 person who has been with me on almost every trip for the past 3 years. He's actually ridden it more than me in the last year or so since I got my Rhino. He has only crashed it once, the second time he ever rode it, and immediately went and bought new bars to replace the ones he bent without being asked. He also services it every time he borrows it. But there's still no way in hell he'll EVER borrow the hauler, even if he did offer to pay on top of doing all the maintenance.

It'd take me a week just to clear out my stuff, and even then they'd find my sh*t somewhere that I forgot about.... If they can't afford one, then they'd likely tear it up. I wont even let my daughters or their stupid husbands drive my truck let alone take my new hauler..... :headbang1:

I'm with the others :dunno: NO!!!

so i guess its safe to say.. no one here in the ventura area would be willing to rent me their hauler for a weekend this summer :P

Hotel on the beach isnt animal friendly however the RV park 20 yards away has no problem with pets lol..

Yes, absolutely. I would rent them my hauler for about $28,000 and tell them to keep it after the weekend is over. :ninja:

I agree with pete 100% :idea: just imagine if something happened to it and they bring it back and say here's the keys mang you might want to have someone take a look at it :freakin_nuts: :dunno:

so i guess its safe to say.. no one here in the ventura area would be willing to rent me their hauler for a weekend this summer :P

Hotel on the beach isnt animal friendly however the RV park 20 yards away has no problem with pets lol..

Ahhh for you my friend......NOPE! :poke: :think::dunno:

My parents used to rent out the Havasu house to family for $170 a weekend. My mom is big into decorating and the house is friggin beautiful.

It was cool untill it got to friends and friends of friends. Things would get broken and stolen every time and it was almost always a bad experience for them.

Needless to say they havn't rented it out for about 10 years now and they are much happier.

Just a little something about my experiences. I would tell them sorry, check El Monte RV.

no

Thats a very simple answere! Care to elaborate? you know you aint renten your stuff out for only 1 reason...you have to have friend or someone you know thats wants to rent it in the 1st place :shocked2: :driver:

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

:shocked2: :driver: NO NO and NO again. David's sister asked to borrow ours when it was 3 weeks old we said NO she didn't talk to us for 3 months but imagine how long I wouldn't talk to her if she broke my shiat

Anyhow every time we go out with the trailer seems like something little breaks and towing its not easy.Not worth the headache.

We loaned our hauler out once to some very dear friends of ours, who now live in Prescott, AZ. Davey towed it to the racetrack, unhooked, and towed it back home after the weekend was up. I had extreme reservations, but since they weren't going to be haulin' the hauler, WTF. Seemed fair, they let us use their Brianhead Condo rent free for the Thunder on the Mountain run, we just pay the cleaning fee. I figured they would stash some cash for use of the facilities, propane, water, etc., but no go. Left a BIG mess on the floor but had brought all their own supplies, including linens. :smoker: Sharnay had no clue how stocked my home away from home is. Sure was tempting to send them a bill for the cleaning fee. :laughoff:

I rented mine out to a good friend. Broke a couple of things and fixed them asap. Didnt really clean it to my standards though. That was really only the main complaint I had, but I would more than likely never do it again. It was nice to get the extra cash that weekend though. I charged $500 for a 3day. But like I said I would not do it again. it almost always turns into this :smoker: :barf::driver::thumb::laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...