Its hard wen you lose a best friend

jr1208

I have been hurting since Sunday night 8/23/09...i lost a best friend that i loved like my big brother he past away at his house like around 8:45pm...we still don't know the cause,he was sick with a flu for a couple of days,he went to a clinic on friday & they just gave him a shot and some meds,my others friends wife did some research in the computer and the meds were for diabitis which my friend didn't have, it also explain, if you have flu,fever,pain ext....do not drink and my friend had all the of the above...i am thinking it was the meds that probably gave him a hart attack but we wont find out until we get the autopsy back...the good thing is that the clinic is under investigation......we did all his services on sat 8/29/09 all in one day......i am sad but i know some day we will see each other in heaven,now i have one more angel watching over me......RIP Eduardo Garcia AKA Gordo 11/23/79 8/23/09

Jr, With time, the soul shall heal. It will be difficult in the beggining but remember, your best friend is really gone when you and your friends have forgetten him and no one remembers him. I am sure he will live on forever in your hearts. sorry to hear that brotha.

First i want to say thanks to everyone for everything, it hurts alot, he left a big hole in my hart but he will always be with me like we promise each other wen we were kids...but most of all i am happy that i have one more angel that will be with me every second of my life, we never broke a promise......yes i am going to keep every body updated as soon as i get the info from the autopsy.....thanks ones again to every one,,,, :laughing::beerpint:

sorry to hear about that JR...my condolences

what diabetes meds? metformin? those are a HUGE no-no to drink on. is that what was prescribed to him, or just given to him at the clinic?

i don't know yet but i will get the info tomorrow night wen i go over moms house and i will let you all know.....thanks....

sorry to hear about that JR...my condolences

what diabetes meds? metformin? those are a HUGE no-no to drink on. is that what was prescribed to him, or just given to him at the clinic?

Hey Cheese I take metformin 850mg twice daily and drink daily. Am I going to die soon. Is there a different medication I can take and not give me problem. Quit drinking is not an option. Hell you are scarring me now. :dayum:

Hey Cheese I take metformin 850mg twice daily and drink daily. Am I going to die soon. Is there a different medication I can take and not give me problem. Quit drinking is not an option. Hell you are scarring me now. :dayum:

side effects vary depending what else you got goin on health-wise....if you have a script for it, the bottle should say not to drink alcohol while on it

google metformin and alcohol......the stuff i have seen with my short bout on it, as well as some of my family wasnt pretty, thats for sure

Update on medicine....the doctor prescribed him Promethazine w/codeine syrup red,500 mg every 6hrs,Cephalexin 500mg capsules every 6hrs & Metformin 1,000 mg tablets every 12hrs.....so far i know one of the first 2 med are for type 2 diabitis & the other said don't drink if you have diabitis,i got to check my info again & the last one is also for type 2 diabitis, wen the doctor never did any test to know if he had diabitis for what we all knew even himself is that he was healthy.......can you believe this the first time he took the med it was 2,000 mg then the next 6hrs 1,000mg then the next 6hrs another 2,000mg......I personaly thing is a lot of med,but i am not a doctor.....hope someone can give me more info if posible....thanks ones again to everyone.... :beercheers:

Update on medicine....the doctor prescribed him Promethazine w/codeine syrup red,500 mg every 6hrs,Cephalexin 500mg capsules every 6hrs & Metformin 1,000 mg tablets every 12hrs.....so far i know one of the first 2 med are for type 2 diabitis & the other said don't drink if you have diabitis,i got to check my info again & the last one is also for type 2 diabitis, wen the doctor never did any test to know if he had diabitis for what we all knew even himself is that he was healthy.......can you believe this the first time he took the med it was 2,000 mg then the next 6hrs 1,000mg then the next 6hrs another 2,000mg......I personaly thing is a lot of med,but i am not a doctor.....hope someone can give me more info if posible....thanks ones again to everyone.... :beercheers:

Jr, What clinic did he go to ??? You wil have to wait for the autopsy to tell you exactly what was the cause of death. Still praying for ya brotha.

Jr, What clinic did he go to ??? You wil have to wait for the autopsy to tell you exactly what was the cause of death. Still praying for ya brotha.

He went to a family clinic here in san bernardino ca....in the corner of mill & mt vernon.....we are waiting on the autopsy to know the cause of his death......thank you so much for your prayers.....

Sucks man, sorry to hear that! :(

I don't know what i would do if i lost my best friend, hes like a brother i never had....

trust me bro if you love your buddie as much as a brother, is really hard but you sit back and know that he is in heaven & he just went a lil sooner than you but someday you will be together again.....hope this never happens though......

• 4 weeks later...