Halloween 2011 report

I had a decent weekend. Killed a cv.....samurai made the rescue mission . If anyone found a kick starter.......it might be for my banshee, I would love to have it back.

I built a new car for my kids, and they both drove, and had a blast.

The bad news......last night, a car tumbled down comp........about 20 times from the reports. Well they camp with me, and were right behind my trailer. It was a black SU car with red/blue/yellow graphics powered by a 2.5 turbo suby. The owner was not in the car, he stayed behind in camp with me. We were talking probably when the accident happened. It was one of his sons, and a friend. Neither died, as we heard stories today. Both were ejected, neither were belted in. One got a nasty cut on his keft leg/ sticthes.......and bandaged. He was back at dumont by sunrise. The other was injured, and is at umc. So far it sounds like a full recovery is in his future. He is pretty banged uped, and Im waiting to hear an update.

The car is destroyed. It rolled basically from the top of comp about 3/4 the way down. I was told the hill was closed from about 9 pm till around 1 am....

The cage held up fine, two cracks from my visual, some slight bending in the chassis. he big deal, was the light bar. The light bar caved in the roof rt on there heads, so it may have been dumb luck that they were ejected. The light bar pushed the roof in 6 to 12 inched right at the head rests. So check your light bars, make sure they are wider then your roof rails, so they cant come in.

• Like 1

1st off Glad no one was killed.... I am not going to get into who and why... I am going to guess he has learned his lesson? If not... well that is another story in its self.

1 question though...What age were they?

Great weekend for us...only casualty was a torn cv boot on James car....Great weekend and great weather... just seems like it goes by so fast...

Capt

I dont know his sons....I think he has 7 or so.....I would guess he is in his 20's.....could be 20....could be 29....The story is that he said he was trying to avoid another car.........when he turned at the top, and turned to the inside of the other car, over corrected....etc etc etc...I dont know if there was another car or not....doesnt matter at this point, like you said.

We had a great first for us Halloween trip.

The Haunted House was awesome for the kids. Thanks for the hard work.

We got alot of compliments on our decorations so we'll be stepping it up next year. We were the ones that had a graveyard and a big a$$ ghost hanging from my flag pole. Me and my buddies were in the skull hoodies. People didn't know if we were real or prop. Awesome!!

Dunes were packed and were rough by Saturday. Can't say I really enjoyed the riding when it's that busy.

Hopefully the guy they took away from the RZR S Saturday afternoon is alright from Comp. Rangers took him out in their sandcar. It's a silver RZR S with a chopped cage. Not sure what happened on that one.

The road was soft and dusty coming in at the crack of dawn on Friday. I could only see the top of the trailer in front of me.

So glad it's Dune season. I so missed it!!

post-5289-0-13588600-1320118889_thumb.jp

post-5289-0-60888700-1320118891_thumb.jp

post-5289-0-05154900-1320119066_thumb.jp

Edited by VegasRaptor

I had a great weekend. It was awesome to hook up with the crew again. I'm looking forward to some off weekends now. Those dunes were busy and it was crazy dusty out there!

photobucket-10801-1320028838104.jpg

I didn't even take that many pics compared to usual. We partied hard and had a blast. More to come later. Time for some rest.

Glad to hear they are ok....by the way they had the hill shut down and no action or movement it didnt look very good.

What and awesome trip!!!! Car ran great and pulled in the trailer under its own power again and we had good company as usual.

Thursday afternoon and 7am this morning where the best 2 rides of the weekend.....no traffic and could haul a$$!!!

Very good trip.

Was a good weekend. My car started acting up Saturday afternoon and wouldn't come back down to idle speed. I got back to camp tried to do some adjusting and also found that my electrial(alternator) light wasn't coming on whrn I hit the switch and waited for fuel pumps to come up to pressure so I have to look into that also. Finally decided to put it in the trailer and the belt(s) were screeching so i tightened down the alterator bracket this moring but It didn't help. So I chilled out and have some work to do. A) find out and fix car issues as described,B) repace water pump in grandson's yfz,C) find a electrial short on the RZR's lighting system. Good side was they all went into the trailer on their own power and it was a nice weekend but I am with Pete and want the off weekends. Just to many people this weekend so it was more of a social thing for me but did get in a couple of good runs with Bert on thursday and Friday afternoon with Pete and the boys from Sc. Cal.

Terry

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

The car is indeed totaled. The driver is in his mid 30's and is very experienced. He suffered fractures to his face, shoulder, and a few other things including broken ribs. He should be released from the hospital tomorrow. This update from his brother by the way. He's one of six kids an has four kids himself, he is not just some a$$ of a driver.

So was this an overly busy holiday weekend for recent years? I know the talk has been that Dumont overall is way down in attendance so just curious if attendance looks up.

Because I had heard it was slower, even on holiday weekends i ALMOST tried to come down this weekend so I could meet a few of the people here in person. After seeing a few people say it was busy and rough I'm glad I didn't.

The 3 times i have been so far have been basically dead with maybe 10 other groups. Last time there was only one other group, but it was HOT. I am going this weekend though, first weekend trip so hopefully it won't be too busy or rough.

So was this an overly busy holiday weekend for recent years? I know the talk has been that Dumont overall is way down in attendance so just curious if attendance looks up.

Because I had heard it was slower, even on holiday weekends i ALMOST tried to come down this weekend so I could meet a few of the people here in person. After seeing a few people say it was busy and rough I'm glad I didn't.

The 3 times i have been so far have been basically dead with maybe 10 other groups. Last time there was only one other group, but it was HOT. I am going this weekend though, first weekend trip so hopefully it won't be too busy or rough.

I would say it was busier than last year but still down compared to the refi/fake money years like 05-08.

photobucket-19924-1320072569790.jpg

photobucket-19371-1320072355927.jpg

I would say it was busier than last year but still down compared to the refi/fake money years like 05-08.

photobucket-19924-1320072569790.jpg

photobucket-19371-1320072355927.jpg

BLM said they sold the most passes this time on Halloween then they have in the last few years

The car is indeed totaled. The driver is in his mid 30's and is very experienced. He suffered fractures to his face, shoulder, and a few other things including broken ribs. He should be released from the hospital tomorrow. This update from his brother by the way. He's one of six kids an has four kids himself, he is not just some a$$ of a driver.

If you dont wear a seat belt and you run the hill... that makes an a$$ DRIVER!! (experience teaches different) There is no excuse for that and that is all I am going to say on it.

Capt

Not sure about this story and cant comfim but went to camp were sandrail was at sunday that 2 guys were ejected. They told us there was 2 seperate wrecks same time there sandrail was one at bottom with 2 guys ejected said both tore up but should survive. At the top of hill they were told was a atv that crashed into a sandrail or vise vesa and the atv one was fatal.

Great weekend!

nothing but laughs and relaxation ... well maybe a quad ride or four and even a rail ride.

Thanks Paul for leading, so that "nancy" can get used to riding in the car again! Your a great leader!

Dunes were tore up, ...come on wind

Road seemed normal when I rolled in, but it was just me and Charity, with my quad in the back and not pulling a trailer.

Thank you Charity for those bomb jalepeno poppers! Mike was lucky I shared.

Made it to the meet n greet for a minute.

Biggest weekend highlight ... seeing Jill and Charlie

I took very few pictures myself, I'll post a couple tonight if I get around to it.

I had a great Time. Got to ride and drive a bunch. Great to see Jill And SB. My favorite part was riding to the North Pole with My little one, Jodi and Jarod. . Justin did great and was super excited to ride out side of camp. Lots of things to work on before the next trip. Camp was awesome. Much smaller this year. Quote of the weekend. "we will do that tommorow night" .