PACK IT IN AND PACK OUT TWICE AS MUCH

Spent an hour of my time picking up some azzhats garbage. Broken bottles, burnt beer cans, metal straps with sharp hooks, burnt knives, screw driver and pumpkin carving tools, along with a couple of rotted pumpkins, found this piece of wood with a nail sticking straight up that caught my attention. There was a large amount of garbage around this area (#3), water bottles, paper towels and a towing receipt from 2004 thats been blowing around the dunes for 8 years!

I only had a quad this weekend at the dunes and was not capable of picking up all that was seen. There is a LARGE amount of beer cans, broken bottles and trash at the north pole (including a piece of rebar). Can some one take a trash bag out there and pick it up before the weekend douchebags find it and start breaking bottles everwhere?

post-39-0-81273000-1353297552_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-76596600-1353297566_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-16262400-1353297581_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-31524800-1353297598_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-15289700-1353297616_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-22719400-1353297661_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-25766600-1353297681_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-12790900-1353297719_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-34337100-1353297734_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-97363700-1353297760_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-74980400-1353297774_thumb.jpg

Yah, I don't think Darren Peterson's receipt has been blowing around the dunes for 8 years though...I suppose it's been in his glove box until recently when it found it's way to litter our dunes. The I don't care attitude that people have, is what will shut down more riding areas...way to go :slap::finger:

This is what I do. I got this at Home Depot.

ubigj.jpg

I only use it for camping. I pack it with firewood at home, and dump the wood when we make camp.

I couldn't believe how bad comp hill looked on Sun morn Halloween weekend. Is it that hard to crush your cans and bring them back to camp?

I also pick up "stuff" whenever I stop. I think littering is getting worse.

This is what I do. I got this at Home Depot.

ubigj.jpg

I only use it for camping. I pack it with firewood at home, and dump the wood when we make camp.

I couldn't believe how bad comp hill looked on Sun morn Halloween weekend. Is it that hard to crush your cans and bring them back to camp?

I also pick up "stuff" whenever I stop. I think littering is getting worse.

that's a great idea :thumb:

It just seems that people will not learn. The more of this that goes on the harder it is to keep the areas open. I will never understand pigs and why they feel free to dump there stuff in our desert. Do they do the same thing at home or work? Hard to believe after 10 years of clean-ups that people are still not getting it. Can make it very frustrating to be on the other side.

Terry

Good morning Vic. What do you have against people in the OC? My friends that camp with me are not "crack azzes and meth mouths". I know you were not bundling all OC peeps in that statement, but why send them to the OC?? My friends and I, including SANDAWG, always try to participate in cleanup weekends. Also, we clean up any trash we come across in and about the area we camp in and ALWAYS leave the area in better shape than we found it. You can't bundle them "nasty fuggers" as being from any specific area. These morons come from all over and think nothing of trashing our desert and the consequences of their actions.

To all who deplore this trashing of our recreation areas, thanks for your hard work in cleaning it up!! Perhaps Adam has it right. Would two cleanups be feasible? I know there would be additional costs involved. However I would hate for the tree huggers that want to close our riding areas, venture out after a big weekend and acknowledge what some idiots leave behind.

Terry, I know it's got drawbacks, but what do you think?

Bruce, I didn't say Vic wasn't a good peep. Just asked why he wants to send all those morons to OC!!? Your right, nobody likes the trash. Just asking why he wants to send them to my area when they come from all over.

Seems like it would be common sense to clean up after yourself...but obviously it isn't.

Seems like it would be common decency to clean up a pile of trash you find left by the pigs who don't respect our land and don't seem to realize they are the reason our riding areas get closed, but that doesn't seem to be common knowledge either cause we were asked "are you guys just good samaritans or what, why are you cleaning that up?"....

This guy and his young kids were camped about 20ft from this pile of trash and didn't think to clean it up, but he asked why and maybe learned something...he did haul the trash out since it was hard for us to carry back to our camp with quads and we weren't camped close by...

Maybe we educated another person and his future duners...be a good example and you might make a good influence on others.

So how do we get the word out to people who aren't on forums and don't know about the issues and likely don't know about the annual cleanup event and don't know about "pack it in, pack MORE out"???

There is onlly one way to educate these dum as*s. We have to catch them in the act and talk to them or......All of us that care put a trash bag in their side by side or under their as* on there quads or in our rails and spend an hour or so on a weekend and pick up what is there. Every year we bad mouth the jerks that leave trash in our dunes. We are preaching to the brain dead. They are not on this forum for the most part.

Think aout it. Can you spare an hour on your trip to pick up trash to save our dunes.

Get with the rangers after you see a camp treat the dunes like sh*t and make sure they follow up with a licence number. A letter to the owner of the vehicle by the BLM lettting them know that they were caught messing up the dunes and when they return they will be cited.

We all have traffic cameras in our living areas so citing perps that dump in the dunes with good intel will finally put an end to it.

:blah:

Having two clean ups a year would not cure the problem It's an education and a sign of the times problem. I was not there but I understand comp hill was a disaster Sat. and Sun. morning of Halloween weekend. Bottles,cans, and all kinds of assorted disgusting stuff. I have quit going to comp hill at night in protest to what goes on over there. It is my way of saying I will NOT support the idiots that go over there to be"Seen" and carry on like out of control 2nd graders, So It's my way of protest as I have tried to get people to pick up their trash and as their drunk/stupid friends surround you and get in your face you realize that it's like talking to the living dead. I have put on the FODD clean up now for 8 years, don't think I have to many more in me so we are going to have to find someone to pick up the reigns and take it over very soon. I love that place like no other and it sickens me to see what these inconsiderate bastards have done to it.

OK I am off my soap box for awhile. Keep it clean!!

Terry

Will the Rangers follow up and actually do something if someone is reported as leaving trash???

What's the phone # to make the report?

....But someone has to be there to see it being left, chase down the truck to get a plate and make the call to the Rangers...and pick up the trash...this pile was left from Halloween weekend, guessing from the pumpkin pieces and carving supplies, we picked it up 3 weeks later...nobody cleaned it up in that time, something tells me not many people are going to get plate #'s and report it either. But every little bit helps, right?

I will say It becuase I dont care and its pissing me off more and more...EVERY SINGLE CAMP I SAW LEAVE TRASH EITHER AT CAMP SITE OR COMP WAS MEXICANS!!!!!

Halloween was my first trip roughing it and had to use the bathroom. We used #3 and by the second day the amount of toilet paper on the ground next to the toilet was absolutely disgusting...I saw them come and go...while the unsupervised hoodlums did donuts around the bathroom in SxS's or their quads...I might have to bring a bb gun to plink them one at a time next time I go.

Im so sick of their attitude towards the dunes.The resposible hispanics are just as pissed about it.

We need to get these dirty POS's including any other race that are seen being pigs!!!!

I will say It becuase I dont care and its pissing me off more and more...EVERY SINGLE CAMP I SAW LEAVE TRASH EITHER AT CAMP SITE OR COMP WAS MEXICANS!!!!!

Halloween was my first trip roughing it and had to use the bathroom. We used #3 and by the second day the amount of toilet paper on the ground next to the toilet was absolutely disgusting...I saw them come and go...while the unsupervised hoodlums did donuts around the bathroom in SxS's or their quads...I might have to bring a bb gun to plink them one at a time next time I go.

Im so sick of their attitude towards the dunes.The resposible hispanics are just as pissed about it.

We need to get these dirty POS's including any other race that are seen being pigs!!!!

the people you speak of also trash apex over in vegas too....sucks. hate to pinpoint anyone since i'm sure more than they do it...but the majority of the time, the people you speak of are the ones doing most of it. wonder what else could be done to bring awareness? i haven't really noticed but are there signs with fine $$$ written out large enough for people to see?

Edited by flavtfan
  • Like 1

Sand mountain is getting bad too, its not just Dumont thats getting trashed. Hard to take that people have no respect for one another. Also hate it when people play the blame game, but something has to be done.

I think that posting large signs with hefty fines is not an answer but a good deterrent, also a "hot line" to get a hold of the rangers might be good....

even if it's a fake number with fines listed and as a neighborhood watch type of things where people know they can be called in on.....maybe, i don't know. too bad people just can't be responsible.

If you see them camped near you take a picture of their plate, the trash and forward it to Barstow BLM with a note that you would be able to testify and ID the suspect in court. It's a misdmeanor so it has to be observed by a LEO while in progress or a citizen's arrest which is where you would come in. make sure you can ID the driver of the vehicle or vehicles. That's just about the only way you can do it. You can always drive by their camp in your truck etc and stop and get out and take pictures. That usually scares the hell out of them and they pick up their sh*t before they go.

EVERY SINGLE CAMP I SAW LEAVE TRASH EITHER AT CAMP SITE OR COMP WAS MEXICANS!!!!!

The way you worded that makes it seem that only us Mexicans litter (I'm one of the responsible ones). Don't let every other litterer off the hook because you didn't see them do it.

Not trying to start a battle or anything, because you're not the only one who thinks that way and there's probably a reason for it. BUT, when you say stuff like that, it takes the focus off the real issue. It might even make you look at people with a preconception of "pig" by their ethnicity. I think you have every bit of a valid argument without making it about race. The only "us" and "them" in this case are litterers and non-litterers.

• Like 1

Eddy is right in that we cannot stereotype the people who trash our dunes by race (or the region they live). I guess the best we can do, aside from education, is to police (pick up the trash) the areas around our camps for trash to the best of our ability. In response to Terry's post, taking pictures of the offenders might "scare the hell out of them", but remember, many of them carry protection (guns) in their camps just as many of us do!! I'm not saying don't do it, just be careful!

As for the BLM following up on a complaint regarding littering in the campground, this is a not a felony crime and must be witnessed by a LEO or a citizen's arrest initiated. Good luck with getting a LEO for the citizen's arrest at the offender's campsite. If BLM did act on information provided by anyone witnessing a violation, they would have to forward the information the the County DA's office for followup and prosecution. Good luck with that for a litter violation.

SANDAWG is right, these people are brain dead, and most likely not on this forum! Terry, I don't go to Comp at night for the same reasons as you. I guess the only viable solution is for the responsible duners, like those who follow DDR, is to be responsible and do the right thing in the dunes by trying to spread the word to take your trash out with you. Personal cleanups after ANY weekend can only benefit our right to recreate in the dunes and/or off-road areas.