My mom's surgery was a success!

dunefreak

I wasn't going to post up much about this on the site, but I figure it's just easier to let all my friends know this way.

Well as most of you all know my mom was admitted to the hospital this week with chest pains and trouble breathing. :( They were going to perform angioplasty, but her arteries to her heart had just too much blockage. They decided she needed heart surgery. She went in today late in the morning for a triple bypass. I just received word from my sister that she is out of surgery and that everything went really well. :laughoff::laughoff::D Her organs are healthy and they aren't any more worried about her than anyone else who has had the operation. They informed us that the next 24 hours are very critical (small chance of stroke, etc), but she is doing well at this point.

I really appreciate the support from of all of you and the kind words that you have sent my way for me and my family. I knew I had some good friends, but it's great to hear how much they all care in times like this. Once again, thank you all. It has been a really rough week for me and you have helped me get through it that much easier. Anna has been a huge help as well. It's great to have such a person in my life. Thanks babe! :beerpint:

Pete, glad to hear this news. I know the stress surgery can put on a family and it's always good when the results are postive. She will be hugging her chest pillow for a long time but she will learn that it is a good thing. (friend just went thru this not to long ago) If you need anything you know we are there for you! :headbang1:

good to hear bud... I remember when my dad got rushed to emergency bypass surgery... that sucked... I get a phone call from my step mom saying hey we just took your dad to the hospital next thing i know im drivin to bakersfield to end up drinking in a queer country bar and sleepin on my good friends couch.. LOL

glad to hear all is well with your mom and we will have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. my co-worker and good friend just went through a quad bypass about 3 weeks ago so i kind of know the feeling. take care pete :woo_hoo: