My new 07 ShortSandCar build log pics

dunefreak

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone :D

o..isn't it kinda hard to drive with the boldies up front

boldies? :blink::think::DDRrocks: I 'm guessing you mean smoothies. I haven't driven the car yet so I guess we're just have to wait and see. It's the same setup as my last car and I ran implements on it and it was never a problem turning. Steer with the gas! :icon_twisted: :driver: You'd kinda have to drive one of these cars to understand.

BAD a$$, MO FO!!!!!! the color and attention to detail are bitchen!!!!!! Can't wait till this Wed. Hey do u have extra trunk keys???? I don't wanna pry my fingernails off like we did on the old trunk!!!! :ahhhhh:

Nope...no more keys with this car. :bs: :dance: I had him do the ignition with only a sealed switch and the wing has two butterfly type latches with no keys.

post-3-1173664957.jpgpost-3-1173664974.jpg

pete buddy, thats a badazz muthabitchen car!!! where the picks of the spindles???? lol...

I could, but pics really aren't gonna show the difference from the old ones. You'd have to see the new spindles up next to the old ones to realy see the diff. (Also: you can't see the difference between steel and chromoly...and they're chromed anyways :blink: ). The new ones are 4130 chromoly with larger diameter shafts.

here's a pic anyways :laughoff:

post-3-1173665305.jpg

:think::blink::blink: :dance: :dance:

Damn that thing is clean! :ahhhhh:

Intellidash :icon_twisted: you'll love that.

Nice car there Bud. :bs:

Can't wait to see it in person. :DDRrocks:

Who is going to spill the first beer on that sucker. :dope:

I'm still lookin' forward to them Dunes.

:driver::laughoff:

R-

does the tach only go to 9999? How you gonna know when to shift? Is there a shift lite at 10800?

looks nice.

You just made me walk out to the garage and get the manual and see. :ahhhhh: :icon_twisted:

I know what you mean since it only has 4 decimal places in the dash, but the tach actually displays up to 14,990. It's kinda confusing to explain, but it does display in the digital number readout and you can prgram the tach bar graph to redline at a specific rpm. A "HI" actually pops up and is displayed too at whatever you program your redline at.

I'm gonna have to call Larry tomorrow and also just go out and mess iwth it before I completely understand it all. :DDRrocks:

^^^ he has a point^^^^^ guess its 9999 shifting for you pete.....

:slap: read on, son :ahhhhh:

:dope: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Damn that thing is clean! :think:

Intellidash :icon_twisted: you'll love that.

Nice car there Bud. :dance:

Can't wait to see it in person. :DDRrocks:

Who is going to spill the first beer on that sucker. :dope:

I'm still lookin' forward to them Dunes.

:blink::blink:

R-

:laughoff: :dance: Mutha Bitchezzz :bs: Thanks Randy. You have an Intellidash too right? We gotta talk so I understand all of it completely. I think the Intellidash is more intelligent than me. :dance: :driver: No..I think I'll figure it all out. It doesn't seem that hard.

:dance: read on, son :DDRrocks:

:bs::dope: Mutha Bitchezzz :think: Thanks Randy. You have an Intellidash too right? We gotta talk so I understand all of it completely. I think the Intellidash is more intelligent than me. :dance: :ahhhhh: No..I think I'll figure it all out. It doesn't seem that hard.

Yeah I got one. :icon_twisted:

However I haven't had to mess with mine ( only thing so far :dance: ).

Mark that camps with us knows how to program it.

So, It must be easy. :blink::blink: JK Mark.

You'll have to bring that car to our camp. :dance:

Jager Blaster for Pete. :driver:

Me too. :laughoff:

Yeah I got one. :icon_twisted:

However I haven't had to mess with mine ( only thing so far :dance: ).

Mark that camps with us knows how to program it.

So, It must be easy. :laughoff::bs: JK Mark.

You'll have to bring that car to our camp. :think:

Jager Blaster for Pete. :ahhhhh:

Me too. :driver:

It's already been prgrammed and I also went out and messed with it and pretty much figured it out. I just need to actually drive the car and see it start doing all the cool flashy display things to get a complete understanding how it works. :blink::DDRrocks:

Cleanup weekend is gonna be fun. You'll be in your normal spot I take it? I'll cruise by. :blink:

Who the hell looks at a tach when shifting...Just listen to the engine when it hits the sweet spot shift it.Especially Pete's car you know the sound and when its time to shift.

I think I'm changing my mind back to the Intelladash.I like it

:ahhhhh: Yeah I was thinking of that after I posted earlier. I don't think I ever even looked at my tach in my old car when I raced up comp bangin gears. :laughoff: You can hear when that badboy is ready to shift....it's right about when your right eardrum starts screaming my favorite tune. :driver::bs: :icon_twisted: :DDRrocks:

I hear ya on the dash thing too Bert. I really like the look of it how clean and simple it is.

Pete car look great I love their frame the back shock mounts look so much cleaner

than any mini rail out there. Hey hows the back doing if your like me it would be

hurttin from sleeping in the car for the last 2 nights just like a kid after christmas.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pete car look great I love their frame the back shock mounts look so much cleaner

than any mini rail out there. Hey hows the back doing if your like me it would be

hurttin from sleeping in the car for the last 2 nights just like a kid after christmas.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Brice. I too love the frame design. Best damn lookin mini rail out there in my opinion. :dance: :thumb:

I can't wait for a ride in the new car. That ride in your old car was THE BEST RIDE I've ever been

on with somebody else at the wheel. We have to go on a few rides over cleanup weekend.

FO SHO! :thumb::thumb:

We can finally get a quad ride in together too! :thumb:

For a Short Sand Car it sure does look big going into that trailer....

Looks like all thats left is polish the gas tank and ur done!!

good looking car there!!!

Yep, it is pretty big for a mini rail I guess. It's slightly bigger than my last car. There new frames have slightly grown over the years.

I might polish the tank, but who knows. That will be just one more thing to try and keep polished. :offtopic::laughing:

Yep, it is pretty big for a mini rail I guess. It's slightly bigger than my last car. There new frames have slightly grown over the years.

I might polish the tank, but who knows. That will be just one more thing to try and keep polished. :offtopic::laughing:

Just send it out to be chromed and then you can clean it with windex!

I might polish the tank, but who knows. That will be just one more thing to try and keep polished. :laughing::laughoff:

:D Polish it and put Paint Protection on it !!! :offtopic::dunno::slap: :dunce: