Halloween Trip report.

EY3BA11

All i can say is WOW what a trip.

Best wish's and prayers go out to everyone that was injured and best wishes to all those who's rides may have been injured in this past weekends activites. I know there were a few accidents within DDR and i am just glad that everyone is still alive and kicking... Get well soon and get your rides back together fast.

Observations.

Dumbasshorns

no such thing as 5th gear a$$ crack... renaming it to 3rd gear a$$ crack

the more you try to push away the closer they get

I think that guy had a little lead in his wings

vcup paddles HORRIBLE

3am south pole run AWESOME

I know there are tons and tons i am forgetting...

I would like to extend a very greatful thankyou to Wingnut and Crasher for letting me sleep in their toyhauler and for cookin breakfast and hauling my bike out... you two are some awesome peeps.. If you ever neeed anything dont hesitate to call.. Would like to thank paul for letting me borrow his bike and sharing the pizzacooker delishishness after that ride friday night. And thanks to everyone else who always puts a smile on my face and extends their hospitality... it is very much appreciated..

Nice seeing everyone again...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say DUSTY??? :barf:

Man, there was hardly any wind which made for some pretty think dust that hung over Dumont all weekend. In addition to that, the smoke from the CA fires also made it very dark and hazy. :blury: It was pretty warm for October. I wore shorts all weekend and it was pretty nice.

The meet & greet was huge. :shocked: Great turnout, everyone. :headbang1: I got to meet some really cool people from the board and friends of friends. Everyone I talked to all weekend was so nice and down to earth.

Here is the whole trip report in a nutshell (aka obervations)....

-dusty as hell :barf::blury:

-lots of people- Dumont was pretty packed like usual

-no fatalities that I hear of :dunno: ....hopefully that was the case :clap:

-quite a few camp racers like always (I've learned to not even get mad anymore- what are ya goona do?)

-got a couple really good buggy rides in with Randog, and crew. yiah yiah :laughing:

-late night cheese :fro: 's are still the bomb :drunk:

-small camps kick a$$ :coffee::headbang1:

-OGP had a DDR camp that he didn't even plan on. :laughing:

-comp hill was goin on Fri and Sat night :headbang1:

-Seems as though everyone had a problem keeping 4 tires on their sandrails this weekend. :dope:

-some guy on a quad hit a truck head on (at a slow speed between the rows of everyone) then crashed into buggchick's Jeep at comp Sat night :shake:

-Joe Duner was very happy Fri night :beercheers::laughing:

-ISBB actually showed up again :laughoff::headbang1: I even heard him say eff Glamis- Dumont kicks a$$ :laughoff:

-sanddunesaddict had a pretty bad tumble on his DS :drunk:

-some clown decided to wheelie across comp on a busy weekend resulting in running over a guy on a Banshee. The guy was life flighted out with some broken ribs and pretty bad shape. :thumbsdown: I hope he is ok. The rail also rolled.

-barefoot bob is now buttcrack bob :lol:

-I had no run-in's with the Rangers this weekend :D:clap:

-The dunes were nice at first, but Saurday it got pretty chopy and rutted :blury:

-It was great seeing everyone again. :D Having dune family is awesome.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you guys that helped me out on Saturday when my buggy broke down. Pauly, ynot, Mike B, barefoot bob, Captnkllm, HI Turtle, Randog and buddys, etc etc. The list goes on and on with very helpful and caring people that I am proud to call friends. Thanks you guys- I truly appreciate it. :drunk:

Pictures coming soon. I took some, but not as much as usual. The DDR paparzzi (buggychick) took plenty though. :grin:

BTW, If anyone wants to add a few pics to it I have created a Halloween 07 album in the gallery that anyone can upload into. Just click upload file and then choose the Halloween 07 folder to place it in. :D

the only pictures i took were the ones while i was sitting in traffic for over a hour on the 15... so much for del taco then haul a$$ home... should have waited to eat and went the other way.

-ISBB actually showed up again :drunk::beercheers: I even heard him say eff Glamis- Dumont kicks a$$ :drunk:

Did i say that... i must have been under the influence of some kind of controlled substance :drunk:

FREEKIN AWESOME, except for all the breakdowns in my camp...

1. lost the waterpump impeller in my banshee overheating it-lost piston due to overheat

2. buddies raptor350 starter dead

3. no extra quads in camp

4. YFZKyle didnt come by camp till I was packing to leave today (sunday)

5. Comp + Banshee Hill rule, the nightlife is just insane and i love it

cant wait till i can afford to go again $500 aint easy to pull out of my arse every time i wanna go ride for a weekend, even harder now that i gotta rebuild the topend + replace waterpump.

Had a great time sand was good :headbang1: weather was bitchen :headbang1:

Our camp was pretty quiet !!!no malfunctions :laughing: , camped with mark, danielle,ringleader,foxysandchick.

Hope the guy on the banshee recovers quick ..That was an ugly crash!!

Dust friday night :thumbsdown:

Ringleader learned you need gas in a quad for it to run :coffee::laughing:

Marks 450 is fast :headbang1:

Comp was happenin friday and saturday night :drunk::headbang1:

Few trick or treaters :shocked: so we ate the candies :beercheers:

Good to see everyone again , craig,tiff,nick,pete,walt,mcgyver,gordonfan,mark

Finally met buttcrack or I mean bearfoot bob :laughing: j/k bob its good finally meeting you :drunk:

Same, met Jodi(buggychick) nice meeting you :drunk: and foxysandchick also

Shelley was :(:( she didnt get to do any riding, and wont be able to for 9 months :dunno:

Got rocked by 2 ls cars at comp wtf was that about!!! they rocked about 10 people :laughoff::laughoff:

welll thats all i can think of right now....will post some pics up later.

Some of my observations................

#1THANK YOU STACEY!!! For taking in the homeless stray and giving her a place to sleep! The next Dumont pass is on me girlie AND since I know you wouldn't take it in person, check the top drawer under the kitchen sink in your hauler!! :laughing::barf:

2. JagerBombs kick a$$ and wellllll................... :shocked::headbang1:

3. I fully understand the Pizzazzz Pizza cooker thing! Thanks Pauly and Vince! I am going to have to get one of those!! :headbang1:

4. Quad hits truck, quad spins and hits Jeep.............JODI TAKES PICTURES!! :blury: Thanks Don and OGP for checking to make sure there was no REAL damage!!

5. Crap I broke a nail :thumbsdown::D

6. Camp hide and seek :coffee::blury: whose turn is it??

7. Being lost looking for camp :blury:

8. First big weekend at comp, what an experience :beercheers::headbang1::drunk::laughing::drunk::laughoff::duniemonkie:

9. Glad everyone came back safe, with only minor injuries :D

10. Hanging out with the best peeps found anyplace! :laughing:

Some pics. I will spend sometime tomorrow adding the rest to the gallery Hallowwen 07, its just going to take a while! :laughoff:

Hazy Smokey Dusty

post-2396-1193620928_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193620954_thumb.jpg

Pups having some fun

post-2396-1193621024_thumb.jpg

Halloween Decorations

post-2396-1193621080_thumb.jpg

Fun Pics

post-2396-1193621237_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193621293_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193621386_thumb.jpg

Meet N Greet

post-2396-1193621445_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193621482_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193621517_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1193621561_thumb.jpg

BarefootBob's :dunno: toenail polish :headbang1:

post-2396-1193621629_thumb.jpg

Sat night at the hill :drunk:

post-2396-1193621764_thumb.jpg

The accident :shake:

post-2396-1193621852_thumb.jpg

Edited by buggychick

:beercheers:

1. The Maxx tows like a 3/4 ton!!

2. Maddy looks more and more like Babert everday! Sorry Ash :drunk:

3. DS's don't like big tall people & big tall people don't like doing kartwheels!

4. ***********************

5. Being punched in the face with sand can't feel good at ALL!

6. Square feet, square feet, round feet?!?

7. Holiday weekends = sore arms & dusty lungs.

8. Can't wait for the Sammy to get done!!!!

Great company. Great peeps. Great Friends. See you all next time!!

:drunk:

Edited by DeuelorDie

I had a BLAST this weekend!!! I want to thank Aaron, Bert and everyone else in that camp for letting me stay there. I met LOTS of cool people on this trip and saw alot of old faces too. I didn't catch his name (Black Titan camped next to Bert) but, I want to send a huge thanks for letting me borrow that 30mm socket. It saved our trip :drunk: Pete, it was great meeting you and i'm sorry to hear about your rail :beercheers: . I heard about it and I figured it wasn't a good time to come over and ask you for that ride you owe me. hahahaha.

Woody, always a pleasure to see you man! I'm looking forward to the next trip already!! :drunk:

1) Holiday Weekend................Over it!

2) Meet and greets are kinda cool.

3) Captain Morgan must be a :beercheers: cause he kick a$$.

4) If the wnd doesn't blow it sucks.

Car broken AGAIN but I still had a great time. It was good to see everyone again. Charlie and Jill you guys rock!

great weekend! had the chance to hang out with some good friends and got to meet barefoot bob and cole. did alot of jumping on my quad rolled it once it is now the one light wonder lol. i hella spaced the meet and great too. here are some pics

post-1597-1193626021_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193625900_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193625832_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193625789_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193625761_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193625548_thumb.jpg

going for heel clicker

post-1597-1193626135_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193626079_thumb.jpg

preston aka pocketchange

post-1597-1193626234_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1193626863_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanner54

I had a BLAST this weekend!!! I want to thank Aaron, Bert and everyone else in that camp for letting me stay there. I met LOTS of cool people on this trip and saw alot of old faces too. I didn't catch his name (Black Titan camped next to Bert) but, I want to send a huge thanks for letting me borrow that 30mm socket.

that was me! no problem i seemed to have the part or tool for several projects that day. always makes me laugh that the smallest hauler has what was needed. :drunk:

good trip the new hauler was great even loaded with 3 quads, firewood, the gene, fuel fuel fuel, and spare tires, (too bad i didnt get much water in the tank) the titan still pulled potsi at 50 or better. :beercheers:

post-978-1193628975_thumb.jpg

Edited by vegas style

Had a GREAT weekend!! Barefoot Bob and his wife are GREAT People!! Think they are going to be great friends to my wife and I. Kids never slowed down rode, fought, cried and jumped (in the bounce house).

Observations

left work at 1 pm thurs and made it to Dumont at 9pm (anything and everything went wrong) made it tho!! :laughing:

Barefoot Bob needs shovels for hands and feet ( would help in the sand when you get stuck for 2 hrs by yourself) :laughoff:

2 hrs after that finally got everything and everyone to camp lol 11:30 pm thurs. HaHAHAH what a way to meet :drunk:

Camp was huge (i'd say 5 acres...no joke) we sent smoke signals to the otherside of camp to communicate :thumbsdown:

Bike Ran good but those damn clutches burn fast lol (2nd trip)

Danny's fun to talk to and his bike is great!!! :beercheers:

Aaron ...well ... friggin awesome man :headbang1: Bike is super fast with what ya did :coffee: nice seeing and talkin to ya :drunk:

Beers were handed out and i PAID ALL IN FULL(i think) :shocked:

60 mph on banshee hill is awesome :dunno:

Dust SUCKS!!

Brefoot Bob and Michelle Great Peeps!!!

Comp hill + fri or sat Night + :drunk: = really ignorant PEOPLE :laughing:

Fast dune rides = dirty shorts :laughoff::headbang1:

Pete sure knows how to to a quick 180 degree turn when he looses a wheel

wheels roll far when rail seperates :shake: ( thank god no one was hurt)

changing DuneFreaks name to GRAVEDIGGER :D aka 6 feet under :blury:

Guy with nice rail doesnt mean he can drive!!!

Bobs rail is AWESOME :headbang1::headbang1::laughing:

More to come later lol

Capt

Had A blast, too many people getting stuck on the way to comp!!! Had to laugh!! Made it through one night with out the 450 blowing up. Had a family fued at the cam site, TEENAGERS at there best!! Had a few good races at banshee hill. Too much candy and no trick or treaters, Oh yea there was this very bad Nun going around with a way way messed up trick!!! Had to see it!!! No pics sorry!!! Spomge bob was a hit but was located to far in the back for everyone to see some kids did get to enjoy it.

Sorry I missed the DDR get to gether meant to be there but the teenagers wanted to race.

Overall great time, should be out there Veterans day weekend or thanksgiving weekend.

whew what a weekend it should be called the ddr crash and burn and choke weekend :headbang1:

capt kllm and his wife are cool and fun people, there like us quiet campers .

mrs kllm is betty crocker she so rocks :drunk:

buggy survived motorhome spent 4 hrs buried to its axels thurs night

till capt found me and got me out and found my group before i did and it was his first trip out with us while im saying i dont know these people :laughing::thumbsdown: turned out i did they just had a bunch of new friends and alot of them were dumont.com peeps.

pete pirowetts as well as sand snake table tops ( why do they always do it in front of me) :headbang1: im gonna get a score card to hold up :laughing: pete gets a 9.5 for fine execution and landed it safely

ynot still the best leader for a dune run :beercheers:

don came by and hung out had fun chatting with him

tires are cool they will work :drunk:

randoggs rail doesnt make a good ditch digger

i lost 30 lbs my pants dont fit kiss my :headbang1: i was working :drunk::laughing:

1 guy blew his motor

capt tried to lose the :headbang1: of his buggy

lil kalob doesnt like jumping

had a few of the ddr boys come visit with me on the boring side ( i like it that way im old )

sorry i didnt have any beers guys

and that all i can remember for now

as usual i brought the camera and didnt use it

nice seeing you joni

it was weekend full of breaks and crashes and getting stuck not our finest hour see y'all

Had another great weekend with great peeps. Very dusty and smokey, to bad the wind didn't blow outta the northeast all weekend, got up today and it was nice and clear. Looking forward to Vet's Day Wkend, see most of you all there, Here's some pics....Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

071027021.jpg

071027026.jpg

071027045.jpg

071027147.jpg

071027155.jpg

071027159.jpg

071027168.jpg

071027177.jpg

071027178.jpg

071027181.jpg

071027182.jpg

071027190.jpg

My favorite pic of the weekend, from OGP's rhino on a back finger dune looking at Comp, those HID's are BRIGHT.....

071027192.jpg

071027196.jpg

071027209.jpg

071027221.jpg

And pulling out today, what a line....

071027223.jpg