Im a very proud dad.

OGP

A while back, my 7 yr old daughter was watching tv when a commercial came on for locks of love. She went in and asked my wife what is was and why the little girls didnt have any hair. My wife and daughter together got on the internet and reasearched locks of love. They found out the over 80% of kids that receiver hair are from other little kids. My daughter asked me and my wife is she could cut her hair so another little kid would have hair. We talked this over with her for several weeks to make sure this is what she wanted to do. I did not want her to cut her hair, but under the circumstances I felt it was the right thing to do. THEY NEED A MINIMUM OF 10 INCHES OF HAIR IN A PONY TAIL FOR DONATION. :laughing: We scheduled an appointment today at HAIR FX SALON to get her new dooo. The stylist was amazing. She was fantastic with my daughter and did a great job. :blink: Overall she ended up cutting off 11 inches for the ponytail. Im very proud of my little girl for wanting to do this to help another child out. She came up with this all on her own. :whistle: Here are a few pictures taken. We are also sending a few to the newspaper.

post-225-1249104382_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104393_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104403_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104505_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104517_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104456_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104533_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104481_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104418_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104430_thumb.jpg

post-225-1249104441_thumb.jpg

Tim that is so cool.

You have a great little girl there!!!

You have raised a little girl like this world needs!! Congrats Tim!!!!

Had a friends son do that, I didn't know why had this crazy a$$ doo for so long then I saw him awhile later with a fresh very respectable doo. I was like wow u look great, he says oh you didn't know I was growing that for locks of love?? My opinion of him went 100 fold!! Got to know him better and great kid!!

My daughter wanted to get her hair cut the other day. I suggested the same thing. My wife took her to a place that donates the hair and we found out her hair is not long enough yet. So instead of saying "oh well" and getting her hair cut, she walked out and wants to wait till its long enough.

It's a good thing your daughter did, these kids are going thru enough with their sickness, they dont need the problems of people staring at them because they don't have any hair.

Hell I know what that feels like right now! I am 39, do you think I can score a little bit of hair for my cul-de-sac I got going on up top? lol

Been there done that Tim, your daughter sure has her heart in the right place! They took off 21" from my oldest girl and 18" from my youngest. They are about at the time where they are ready to do it again. It sure makes you feel as if you are doing "something" right as a parent when your children show such a selfless act.

DSC_2052.jpg

DSC_2050.jpg

DSC_2072.jpg

Tim, congrats man! That shows you guys are bringing her up right! Such a selfless act that really means so much to someone that needs it.

And anyone else who has kids that have done it, congrats to you too!

thanks JJ

• 1 month later...