Who is going Halloween?

Dune Dad

Im going to try and make it, my friend is getting a gorilla costume, and we are all getting banana suits, i would LOVE to see about 100 other people who get banana suits, that way we can all run from him :) BUT he has a CR500 so he will catch us

Boy that sounds like fun.....Dress up like a bunch of skinny white/yellow folks and run from a big, hairy :idiot::beercheers:

Edited by wingnut

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, This will be the first time out on the actual night of Halloween, is it a custom to take our kids camp to camp to trick/treat or is it one of those things thats done in your own camp. Thanks for any info :beercheers: Tim

Charlie and I do it a little diff, we take the Ranger out (with dead cat on the front) and stop at alot of the camps around Dumont. WE STOP AND GIVE the candy out to the kids and dog treats to the dogs. It's fun and we get alot of strange looks. It's all good.

As long as it is OK with the parents.

Ok - so usually the trick or treat night is on Saturday of the Halloween weekend. But this year Halloween is on Friday night. Will most/all folks be handing out candy on Friday night? Does anyone think there will be some hold outs (or folks who can't get there early enough on Friday) and that kids will be T&T on Saturday?

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok - so usually the trick or treat night is on Saturday of the Halloween weekend. But this year Halloween is on Friday night. Will most/all folks be handing out candy on Friday night? Does anyone think there will be some hold outs (or folks who can't get there early enough on Friday) and that kids will be T&T on Saturday?

Wow.. We didnt think of that... :dayum:

I guess we will get a ton of candy for Friday night "Halloween" and Saturday night that way the kids in our camp and any other kids are not left out. If you show up to late just find the camp with a giant Sponge Bob on top of an R.V. . . We should have some back up candy for Sat night!! :D

:beercheers:

Edited by Dune Family

you will find a lot of people out of candy on saturday nite......you will also find a lot of people that didn't bring ANY candy at all....but you WILL find plenty of candy even on sat nite. been tick-or-treating at least a half dozen years at dumont and kids never go hungry! look for halloween decorations on moho's,they are usually well stocked... and don't forget to see the haunted house toyhauler conversions.....have seen a ton of

really great ones! JUST REMEMBER HOW DANGEROUS IT IS OUT THERE AT NIGHT! DO NOT LET KIDS GO BY THEMSELVES, UNLESS THEY ARE TOO OLD TO BE TRICK-OR-TREATING! I have seen a few close calls.

It's looking like my little group and I are going out from the 23rd - 26th. I swore off holiday weekends 3 years ago, and I'm loving it........ :MBdance: :fro_smokin: :moon: Anyway, we'll be at the south pole at around 2 pm on Saturday the 25th if anyone wants to hang out and go for a little dune ride.

Everyone have a safe season!!!!

:barf::whoop::banghead: :black: :booty::driver::clap:

Charlie and I do it a little diff, we take the Ranger out (with dead cat on the front) and stop at alot of the camps around Dumont. WE STOP AND GIVE the candy out to the kids and dog treats to the dogs. It's fun and we get alot of strange looks. It's all good.

Ok - I hope that's a fake dead cat. If not, I don't want to see that! Kitcat loves kitties! :think::idiot:

are you sure they arent the normal strange looks you guys get :clown:

We will be out the weekend of.........................at the small dunes of course.

I think I might ask all you guys if I may park/camp with your group some time this season. My group seems to be getting smaller every trip. :laughing: But I would love to hang out with all you beer drinking foo's. :freakin_nuts: :B And me knowing the framer's I have all the firewood you need................... :drunk2: :thumb:

Edited by maxdout

weekend of will be the first trip of the season for my family. and this will be my kids first Halloween @ dumont. we will probably just drive them around in the suburban to trick or treat.

how many kid do you all get trick or treating? i need to know how much candy to bring.

weekend of will be the first trip of the season for my family. and this will be my kids first Halloween @ dumont. we will probably just drive them around in the suburban to trick or treat.

how many kid do you all get trick or treating? i need to know how much candy to bring.

Last year we camped at the rock pile... There were a lot of kids and teenagers most of the evening and that night... We had 20 of the big bags of candy and burned them before midnight...

There were a couple of little kids 3 to 5 years old that I loaded down with candy... They were loving it!! :DDRrocks:

Bring what you can and when your out thats it... :D

Well since im not going to make it to glamis the week before halloween, Ill be hitting up Dumont for halloween. LOOKING FORWARD TO A SAND FIX. This and thanksgiving will be my only trips this season, gotta make my ride time count!! :pile:

COOL!!! Look for the giant Sponge Bob on top of an Rv . . than stop in and say hi!! :angry2:

:shake:

every year i buy a big box of king size snickers and peanut butter cups @ costco to hand out and never ran out before. bonus, i get to eat what i don't give out.....probly why my kids are calling me "the incredible bulk".