Adam @ GTP Off Road Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I didn't know Bert as well as many other either, but everytime I met him he was kind, helpful, and an all around great guy. I talked to him a few times about Turbos, learned about his car, and road my quad through some of the Bert ruts from his awesome car. I'm sad I didn't get to know him better, and so very sad he had to go so soon. RIP Bert. Quote
raspadoo Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Godspeed Bert… Prayers to all effected by his early passing… Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 RIP Bert. One if the most warm hearted guys I've ever met. Since the first day I met him I always felt like I've known him forever...he was that easy to talk to. 3 Quote
Big_Gunz_ Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 RIP Bert, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Quote
stalteri Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Very sad to hear! Thoughts and prayers for his family. RIP Bert. Quote
jwcarguy Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Very sad dad. Bert was a great guy and taken too soon. He will be missed a great deal Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family RIP Bert Quote
CaptNkllm Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I loved Bert like a brother and appreciated his friendship. I am shocked as everyone else if not more. My prayers for Ashley and the kids.. I might have to breakdown and eat some cookies and Milk in his honor!! RIP Bert .. Big Buddy Capt 2 Quote
jalper Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Very Sad it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it, Some of the best times was talking with Bert while our girls played together, I will miss him, he was a great father and someone that you could always count on, It was a joy just to know Bert, Sorry for the Loss, Rest In Peace Bert, Quote
04 YFZ 450 Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I'm at a loss of words, Bert I'm going to miss bugging you about going to the dunes and how you always tried to talk me Into selling the LTR and buying a YFZ. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family you will be missed. Quote
Sandblower Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I am shedding tears. One of the best ambassadors of our sport. He is already missed. If you needed anything Bert could help with, he was always willing to give it. Prayers for Ashley and the kids... They are so young. RIP Quote
JVZ Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I only knew Bert for a few years, but he offered his help, advice, and friendship from the very first time I met him as if we had been friends forever. He had a huge heart and was so caring which is rare to see. Bert helped me more times than I can count. He has towed me when I was broke, lent a hand, tools, advice or whatever I needed. And he helped me learn the dunes and was there when I was new and lost the line or had an issue. There were times when I didn't even know he was near, but I look up and there is Bert to help out. He was like a big brother, always watching over the dunes and everyone. We were just starting to talk about kids and introducing them to the dunes now that I am a new dad. He had a lot of great advice and I truly looked up to him as a person, father, friend and Duner. I always looked forward to seeing and talking to Bert and for many more dune trips, talks and experiences. It is so sad, we had to lose him so soon and it will never be the same, not seeing him rolling through the dunes. 3 Quote
JVZ Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 I vote Bert's wheelie pic as dune pic of the month for June. 9 Quote
desertrider71 Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 (edited) I had seen Bert in the dunes a lot over the years. Followed his car build and liked reading his posts. Got to finally meet him at the buggy run this year. Very nice man who loved to talk duning. Such a sad day. My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better but from the posts here all who didn't know him can see what those who did thought of him. Rest in peace sir. Edited June 3, 2014 by desertrider71 Quote
dunefreak Posted June 3, 2014 Author Posted June 3, 2014 Man, it's been a rough day. Just one of many to come too. Things are not going to be the same without Bert around. He is pretty much the reason I got addicted to duning. I feel like it's the end of an era. 8 Quote
wsky70 Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 [/url]">http://http://s27.photobucket.com/user/wsky70/media/080302371-1.jpg.html'> 1 Quote
wsky70 Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 [/url]">http:// [/url]">http://http://s27.photobucket.com/user/wsky70/media/IMG_0980.jpg.html'> 1 Quote
mineurbiz Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Just thinking about him right now................to sad!! Quote
Olmtowing Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Rest in peace buddy! So sad! Just met him last season! Wow! Great man gone way too soon! Quote
Sandblower Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Love to see the pics. Keep them coming. Gonna take a while to set in. Won't be the same without meeting up with him at D. Quote
dunefreak Posted June 3, 2014 Author Posted June 3, 2014 Homepage updated. Click refresh if it doesn't show up yet. http://www.dumontduneriders.com/ 3 Quote
cmondwn Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 My husband and I were fortunate enough to spend a few nights around the camp fire with Bert. Speaking with him was a pleasure. "True American Wholesome Man". I can remember the trip like it was yesterday - that weekend was my first attempt at baking cookies...well I burnt them! Kristen brought her tray of cookies to the campfire and Bert's smile was priceless. We shared small political talk about guns and our government. Bert is a genuine man. As my husband (Bill) said when he heard the news, "He's an all around Nice Guy". We are both shocked and humbled by his loss. I send my condolences to his wife, children, family & friends. (I'm still shaking my head in disbelief) Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.