Pray for Jacob

andydew

signing in from LA Childrens Hospital...wasn't sure if I was gonna post up anything; but we are gonna be here for a while.

my 4 yr. old boy has been suffering from leg pain since january. It has progresse to the point that he is no longer walking...we have been battling with our insurance and with doctors, and with radiology departments for the last 10 months. blood work , x rays, CT scans, and 4 MRI's later, we are finally getting to the bottom of it. He was misdiagnosed twice, but they finally found something. He has a tumor in his right femur, and we have been admitted . He had a sample drilled out of the femur today, and we are waiting for a biopsy to detrmine if it is cancerous....he was taking vikadin, but was switched to intraveineous morphine drip.

what sucks more is that our insurance hasfought us the whole way....long story...

we are at a great hospital, though; and we are confident we going to get the best treatment here.

Grandmas are taking turns with our girls, and we are camping here at the hospital, obviously scared about the pending results. My family and I believe prayer works, as I've mentioned before. We have quite a group praying for our little man, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask for a few more.

I can't imagine what your family is going through right now. Those of us with kids understand the feeling of helplessness when there is nothing you can do for you kid when it is out of your control. The waiting is always the hard part. I hope your little one makes a full recovery.

Wow... I couldnt imagine ... My prayers are sent...I Hope for the best and Pray for a comfort for your son and all his family and friends.. How old if you dontm ind me asking..

Capt

He is 4 1/2 now .

What started as leg pain, quickly became a limp, and now is a complete refusal to ambulate.

He is now on dilaudin, toradol, and oxycodon for the pain, and is responding very well to the meds. Last night was the first night of sleep he, or I, have had in close to 6 months, due to his pain.

Kids are awesome, and Yes, they can overcome the impossible. My Jake made a full recoverey after a pool incident, code blue, when he was two, and I'm praying for the same outcome now. He is our miracle!

I'll post an update as soon as we know.

Big thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers from everyone. I'm really looking forward to bringing Jake back to the dunes, hopefully for the 70 regatta, when this is al behind us :)

I only hope that the outcome is positive, even if it is not I believe that with all the positive thoughts and prayers this will turn into a good situation and everything will work out. I send preayers to you adn the fam especially so you have the strength to get thru this and to stay positive and beleive. I wish your boy the best and know everything will be fine, God Bless and stay STRONG!!

Hey man,

Inconclusive results from the punch biopsy of the femur. They sent it out again for stained pathology to test for more rare forms. The oncology dr.s just came in the room for a 30 min. Consult . They ordered several mor tests that'll start through the night and some more for the morning, including a bone marrow sample/biopsy. These were a new team of doctors, and they seemed very concerned, which scares us, but trying to stay positive:)

Jacob has already promised to marry 3 of the nurses:) He's enjoying "buggy videos"

Thanks again to everyone! Can't begin to describe this experience, or the kids we've met, and their stories.

ive got a 2 1/2 y.o son and i know what your goin through. sending our prayers for you and the entire fam. my son had a similar pool incident about 6 months ago and i was devastated. i wasnt able to be around for him at the time of the incident. i hope the outcome is great and it doesnt limit his ability to grow and live. best wishes

Josh

ive got a 2 1/2 y.o son and i know what your goin through. sending our prayers for you and the entire fam. my son had a similar pool incident about 6 months ago and i was devastated. i wasnt able to be around for him at the time of the incident. i hope the outcome is great and it doesnt limit his ability to grow and live. best wishes

Josh

Thanks bro for sharing that...that incident changed our lives forever! Every emotion came out .

How is your boy now? Pm me if you'd like to talk about it...