Labor Day weekend trip report

dunefreak

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is exactly why farm machinery belongs on the farm hauling shiatt around and not out in the dunes. Who came up with that dumbazz idea anyway? Rhinos as a toy? WTF???

Anyway, I'm glad most of you had a great time. I'm looking forward to hitting up Coral Pink in the future. Just rolled back in yesterday from several days up at St. Anthony Idaho. All I can say about that place is that God got it all right when when he made those dunes. Glamis cannot compare. Maybe Kelso, but we all know the story on that. See ya'll at The D here in a couple of weeks. Ride safe.

Actually, I brought back the whole keg. I returned it this morning to Lee's discount liquor and complained saying there was too much foam. The gave me a full refund. =)

Yes, My friends have the black 2 fittys. I didn't think they were crop dusting anyone really. The guy behind us was pissed off because my friend Paula's boyfriend (The girl with the broken leg) his dog bit their small dog at their camp. Doesn't matter if I am going to change your mind or not. I really don't care. Everyone has their own opinions about the whole situation. You can think what you want and I know what I know. About people saying that we were kicking up dust and stuff. We were parked to the right of the entrance to the dunes. We get all kinds of dust. Also, the guy parked behind us kept having his friends ride through our camp. Do you hear me complaining about?? No, it's apart of camping and having fun. I can careless if you haul a$$ pass me and throw mud at me. I honestly would think it's funny. But hey, Sorry for dusting your dinner.

Actually, I brought back the whole keg. I returned it this morning to Lee's discount liquor and complained saying there was too much foam. The gave me a full refund. =)

Yes, My friends have the black 2 fittys. I didn't think they were crop dusting anyone really. The guy behind us was pissed off because my friend Paula's boyfriend (The girl with the broken leg) his dog bit their small dog at their camp. Doesn't matter if I am going to change your mind or not. I really don't care. Everyone has their own opinions about the whole situation. You can think what you want and I know what I know. About people saying that we were kicking up dust and stuff. We were parked to the right of the entrance to the dunes. We get all kinds of dust. Also, the guy parked behind us kept having his friends ride through our camp. Do you hear me complaining about?? No, it's apart of camping and having fun. I can careless if you haul a$$ pass me and throw mud at me. I honestly would think it's funny. But hey, Sorry for dusting your dinner.

I mind if you dust me, that's what the dunes are for but there will always be some people who think the camping area is a free for all, i just dont understand why they come to the dunes and then play at camp kicking up dust.

Usually when that happends the liquor has kicked in and someone is feeling good and going to get hurt. I dont mind it if the dunes are open like at dumont but if we are all close together then that playing stuff needs to go out into the open area. I always mark off a little area that is very small that i consider my driveway and if people drive thru that then :DDRrocks: U...

And this is exactly why farm machinery belongs on the farm hauling shiatt around and not out in the dunes. Who came up with that dumbazz idea anyway? Rhinos as a toy? WTF???

Hey now!!! :ah: My farm equipment did just fine out there!! I was rounding up cattle and pulling stuck dune trackers out!! You need a few "farm equipment" vehicles out there!!

Suzuki Chick, I am glad your friends are going to be OK! I only saw the Ford Ranger leading the Emergency Vehicles in, so that is the only thing I was an eye witness to. What I do know is that a Rhino tipped over and 2 people got hurt, one pretty severely. Do you think the driver of the rhino would drive any differently next time? I understand they are your friends. But people do not get compound fractures in CAMPING areas, unless they are driving faster or more reckless than is allowed or at least not being considerate of those around them. I don't know if Coral has speed limits in camp like dumont but, I don't think Rhinos would tip or roll over in camp, unless the driver was doing something wrong. It is ok to say my friend screwed up. Plus a good reminder don't let just anyone get behind the handlebars or steering wheel of your toys. It is very easy to run out of talent when you aren't used to a particular machine.

Im the boyfriend of the passenger and the owner of the Rhino that tipped. My girlfriend Paula has the "confilluted" sp? fracture. It's the highest sort of fracture you can get. It's when the bone splinters and comes out the leg. We're hoping and praying that she can keep her leg. Things are still kinda iffy :( The doctors are just waiting to see how everything responds to the antibiotics and that no infection sets in. She was laying there in the dirt for over an hour before an ambulance even showed up....then the drive to Kaneb....then the flight to St. George. She's gone through 2 surguries already and thats just the beginning! It was a horrible "accident" gone wrong. If we had it to do over you bet your a$$ we'd do it different. It didn't seem like anything bad at the time since there were lots of people watching and laughing and taking pictures. Just thought it was some innocent gettin dirty fun. BTW....there was no alcohol involved i can say for sure. Both were wearing their seatbelts and noone had their legs up. Both doors were on. Just the angle and way that the rhino tipped made Paula slide to an angle and her leg popped out. I won't be goin out again with her until i get full doors and more cage and harnesses.....FOR SURE!!!

I would just like to thank EVERYONE who stopped and helped out. I would especially like to extend a THANK YOU to a firemen named Cole from Washington, Ut. He was EXTREMELY helpful and he was just out there havin fun like the rest of us. He stopped what he was doin and was the biggest help of all. He rode all the way to the hospital with Paula and made sure everyone knew what they were doin. They were all takin notes i thing :) if not, then they shoulda been!!!

Btw....Coral Pink was a totally GORGEOUS place and i can't wait to go back and ride. Sucks that my first time there only lasted 3 hrs :(

To those that want to continue beating the subject into the ground about camp racing....leave it for another topic. :shake: We've all argued about that crap over and over many times in the past. Whether these girls were camp racers or not, I'm sure they learned a lesson about side x sides the hard way. :(

I cant wait to get up there and try it out.. Looks like a blast.. Those lips and rollers look like some sweet air too.. The 500 would love it.. DOnt know how well the suspension would hold up though LOL

Hell yeah you can say that again! The jumps there are fun as hell. That's why I love riding the dirtbike there so much. There are so many jumps you hit while on 4th and 5th gear rides. You don't even have to hit them in any special spot either, just stay on the throttle and sail! woo hoo :lol: It's so much fun there. You are going next time for sure. :whoop::DDRrocks:

Im the boyfriend of the passenger and the owner of the Rhino that tipped. My girlfriend Paula has the "confilluted" sp? fracture. It's the highest sort of fracture you can get. It's when the bone splinters and comes out the leg. We're hoping and praying that she can keep her leg. Things are still kinda iffy :( The doctors are just waiting to see how everything responds to the antibiotics and that no infection sets in. She was laying there in the dirt for over an hour before an ambulance even showed up....then the drive to Kaneb....then the flight to St. George. She's gone through 2 surguries already and thats just the beginning! It was a horrible "accident" gone wrong. If we had it to do over you bet your a$$ we'd do it different. It didn't seem like anything bad at the time since there were lots of people watching and laughing and taking pictures. Just thought it was some innocent gettin dirty fun. BTW....there was no alcohol involved i can say for sure. Both were wearing their seatbelts and noone had their legs up. Both doors were on. Just the angle and way that the rhino tipped made Paula slide to an angle and her leg popped out. I won't be goin out again with her until i get full doors and more cage and harnesses.....FOR SURE!!!

I would just like to thank EVERYONE who stopped and helped out. I would especially like to extend a THANK YOU to a firemen named Cole from Washington, Ut. He was EXTREMELY helpful and he was just out there havin fun like the rest of us. He stopped what he was doin and was the biggest help of all. He rode all the way to the hospital with Paula and made sure everyone knew what they were doin. They were all takin notes i thing :) if not, then they shoulda been!!!

Btw....Coral Pink was a totally GORGEOUS place and i can't wait to go back and ride. Sucks that my first time there only lasted 3 hrs :(

Welcome to the site. It's unfortunate you joined under the circumstances about your girlfriend getting hurt. :( I hope she makes a full recovery. Send her my best and keep us posted on her progress. :thumb:

Well we had fun, sorry to hear about any injuries.

-The mud was calling lots of names all weekend, but I was trying to be really good cause of all the people around.

-Monday Tina mentioned mud, I said ok, and away we went...we came up to see you Bert...and Jim got pictures of us. Donut ballets were a blast!

-Then the puddle called our names...oops. I had mud everywhere, thought I might get banned to the outside shower, but after a little drying and thought, I was able to keep the mess outside.

-The weather was perfect, even with the rain.

-Went on some awesome rides.

-Our campfire had lots of laughs, but there was really no content...just one person laughing at another, another laughing harder, and another snorting...and my stomach still hurts from it all.

-I remembered my clothes!

-Had some truck problems on the way up, but things were all good on the way home until a trailer had a bowling ball on the sidewall of the tire. Quick change and some more laughter...away we went.

-It was good to travel camps at night, and get to say hi to other DDR folks! That was the dry night though...lol. After that you take the quads...I made my friend scream when she thought I was going to pop a wheelie. *evil laugh* So I threw mud instead.

-Playing Wii while cooking bacon for breakfast = sore arm. When drinking, it causes people to almost get wacked for getting too close...lol. Have to love the bowling and baseball practice!

-All of the Air Force guys leave next weekfor training, then Iraq, so it was nice to have some fun with them beforehand.

I just had so much fun...can't wait to go out again!

Welcome to the site. It's unfortunate you joined under the circumstances about your girlfriend getting hurt. :( I hope she makes a full recovery. Send her my best and keep us posted on her progress. :DDRrocks:

Well do and thanks!! I've heard about the site for a while...just never got around to visiting. I'll be around quite a bit more with updates and posting up good times instead of the unfortunate ones "hopefully" ;)

Great pics Pete,glad to see you guys all had a fun safe weekend and sorry to hear about that one accident.First time in 3 years that we have not been to coral or anywhere for that fact on labor day :lol:

HEHEHE!!!!!You guys got the mud swamp thing going on there as we did last year on labor day.What a mess I still think I have certain shoes in the trailer that the pink sand has destroyed from that trip. :DDRrocks:

Edited by Danielle

that group just cant get together without causing trouble... im glad i didnt go.

That group is leaving this week to go to Iraq for the next 9 months, so I'm sure glad I got to hang with them. No trouble....just good times. :flipoff:

Skeet-skeet, Cup-o-noodles, gerbil, tic tac, and the tuna can.

What more can I say?

Hahaha that was funny all weekend...wait .. its still funny lol

that group just cant get together without causing trouble... im glad i didnt go.

Which group might that be? I was with like 30 ppl in our camp and it was fun times... no trouble that I remember :lol: ... maybe its the other group :shake: lol

We had a blast... just wish I wasnt worrying about work :shake:

Jill ... it was another great weekend with you and Charlie.. Craig, Tiff, Jen, Nicole,Mike, Scott,Tim, John,Carrie(sp) and everyone else lol WoW... I remembered someones name :flipoff:

Great weather even though it rained and everything was muddy...I think someone took pics of me cleaning lol... dont tell my wife!!

My wife broke another camera out there(thats 2 out of the last 2 trips) but did get some pics though.

Cup-O-Noodle ROCKS lol :dope:

Craig gets the best CORN :moon: :shake: just joking Tiff :hello: small but good lol

Have more but I have alot of things on my mind tonight and play isnt 1 of them

Capt

That group is leaving this week to go to Iraq for the next 9 months, so I'm sure glad I got to hang with them. No trouble....just good times. :shake:

That was one of the best dune trips ever it was great and that was having the flu too :D:D . I wish those guys the best of luck :shake::shake:

Jill and Charlie stay up past 8:30 if you entertain them LOL :ah: :ah: (great peeps)

Skeet Skeet I keep hearing that in my sleep.

Haahaaa she snorted !!! Do it again :flipoff::dope:

I can't remember everything right now but it was one of the funniest conversations ever and most of us were sober LOL .

We got a some good rides in and riding in the rain is soo fun.

Nicole and Me finally got dirty on the last day when the trailers were gone we got to go play in the mud puddles which was of course a blast .

Up at 6am every mourning is rough if you wanna stay up late wow capt went to bed at like 8:30 one night and no he wasn't grounded LOL

It was good seeing everyone.We had a great time and no one got hurt and my bike came home in one piece :D