POSITIVE Highlights from 2007/2008 Dune Season

sand chick

As this Dumont season winds down and the summer season begins, I was looking through some of the old trip reports and reflecting back on some good times had this year! :D

I was reading though the "positive only" thread and wished that we would have done that for every "big weekend" trip!

As the summer drags on and people get cranky and start having withdrawls, it'll be nice to look back and read some positive things that happened in the season that we just put behind us and have some thing to smile about! :D:D

My positive reflections on this past season............

1. Seeing sand more times this year then in the past years!

2. Having met some awesome friends and getting to hang with them all season!

3. Neverending picture opportunities! :pics:

4. Going on an "Epic Sunset Ride" finally.

5. My first long travel rail ride!

6. Driving my first long travel! :whoop:

7. Helping out with the FODD clean up!

9. Experiencing downhill wheelies, uphill wheelies and jumping!

10. Getting to take my son out, so he could experience something that makes his mom happy and seeing the smile on his face that went from ear to ear!!

I could go on and on and on.............but I thought I would keep it to my top ten!

Thank you to everyone who made this years sand season the best one ever!! Thanks for the laughs, the smiles, the craziness! What a great season!!

:shocked2: :dunno:

Edited by sand chick

I didnt hear a "Where the Fk is ISBB at" joke the entire season Cuz i actually SHOWED up for the majority of the trips woohoo..

Had an excellent season lots of dune trips with the new bike and loved every minute of it.

Stalteri920 and Dunefreak lead rides are AWESOME.. even got a "I looked back and you were right on my tail so i went faster" comment a few times woot.

Good times and good rides.. Cant wait for next year.

The highlight of this season for me were..

1. Not getting beat by my buddies in the sand drags (thank you Mr nos)

2. Getting A LOT better at riding and finally being able to go for a blast with the psycho kids and not feeling like im gonna die the whole time.

3. Getting a spin in some awsome rails (thanks 50cal and malibu)

4. Meeting some new bit%$in peeps to get mashed with

5. Not eating sh!t hard and messing myself up

6. Having finally stepped up for a season pass

2. Getting A LOT better at riding and finally being able to go for a blast with the psycho kids and not feeling like im gonna die the whole time.

Your not riding fast enough if you dont get that feeling :P I get it everytime i go on a fast ride with our group :P I keep thinking where the hell are they taking me now in 5th wide open.. What witches eye am i gonna hit that they missed or dodged.. how big is the trainwreck gonna be when someone does eat it in a witch's eye with everyone following suit.. :P

OK Here it goes.

Hanging with people from my site

Hanging with people from DDR. You guys can party.

Getting Sandchicken to Vegas.

Learning how to drive a turbo car.

Driving Richies Devil Driver all da!@ day rocked.

The fact that my little one Justin digs on being in the rail again.

Drinking by the camp fire.

Loosing mulitple wheels. :dunno: :shocked2:

Night rides with Predu.

Staying in the Hilton.

Capt. And Tina's rolling bar.

Meeting Ronnie. You are a welcome addition to our camp.

Last but not least. NAPS.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff but I will come up with it later.

Edited by malibu vlx

It was a great season as always. There were a few mishaps for me and some in our group, but we didn't let any of them ruin our season. I still got to hang out with alot of friends and go on some KILLER rides! :headbang1: I can't believe it is already over. I go back and look at all my dune pics from this season and the season kickoff pics from October seem like they were from just last weekend! :blink:

Some of the most positive, memorable moments of the season for me are:

-lots of very successful DDR meet and greets at the south pole. Every big trip there were TONS of DDR peeps that showed. Coming around that back bend and seeing like 100+ people out there that were all from the site...thats cool as hell. I was able to meet many new faces.

-being able to get some good dune rides in with tons of great friends

-getting to know a few DDR peeps as closer friends rather than just acquaintances. You all know who you are. :shocked2:

-still being able to get some dune trips in with ynot. :driver: He started a new business this year and didn't think he'd be able to make it out that much, but he managed. :D

-ISBB actually doing more than 2 trips in a season :shocked2: :clap:

-getting in a few good rides on the bikes w/ just Anna.

-Anna telling me I am a very skilled rail driver :grin:

-finally hangin with the CHEESE at Dumont! :shocked::laughing:

-late night cheese :afro: 's with the usual suspects :laughing:

-99 bananas :drunk2:

-"ma facka" has almost replaced "mutha bitchezz" this year :lol:

-drinking gin till god knows what time of night with barefoot bob :drunk::dope::laughoff::dunno:

-throwing hot dogs at people around the fire :laughoff:

-richardcheese gettin his azz whooped by capt's little boy :idiot::laughoff:

-breaking the ice and hanging with peeps from the "other sites" :laughing::drinkbeer: Good to see and meet everyone.

-thats about all I can think of right now. There are so many highlights.

-total trips for 07/08 season: 9 full weekend dune trips, 2 day trips total :headbang1: not bad :ban-split:

Thanks to everyone for some awesome times. :DDRrocks::whoop::pics::ban-split::beercheers:

yeah, well...........

:dunno:

I finally got to roll with the DDR peeps over thanksgiving, and uncle freak and ISBB, along with Stalteri920 rolled out for a daytrip!!

Meeting desertskys, paulypaul, fmflover, chinny (wingnut), crasher, my4dr, sand snake, sanddunesaddict, and god knows who else (sorry if i forgot to name you...one too many benders since that weekend)

yelling right at the perfert time, "do not suck d*ck while driving this car!" :shocked2:

I got to go to dumont TWICE as much as I have in the past (two times rather than just only one)

having a non-carved up, no tracks whatsoever comp hill to myself for an entire two days over superbowl weekend.

Was my first full season at the dunes.

:dunno: < this guy knows what he's talkin about.

I think it's so cool that I was able to camp and ride with some great people by just dropping the DDR word. As someone who has some flaky azz friends, that really is priceless, thank you to everyone who welcomed me into your cirlce.

It was just a great season learning how to ride and spending it with some even better people. :shocked2:

It has been almost a year now since we first met some of you (last Memorial weekend) what a first impression that was! Don, Crasher, Wingnut, Dune Smurf, fmf lover, Pauly, Sincity Blondie, all the misfits from Coral last year!!!! Cdavego doesn't count cause I knew him from work :D

I was glad to meet all the others too through out this season.

Charlie and I aren't that social but when ever we need a little entertainment or a really good laugh (or alot)we go vist the DDR's multiple camps. Seriously we have meet some really great people that makes a good dune season better. I don't know if we are just getting old or you people are just flippin nuts! Wouldn't trade campfire antics for a comedy club ticket, thats how good you people are.

The scary part is that Wingnut is just as sick of an individual as my husband is. And Crasher, she totaly gets Charlie's sick sense of humor. Most people don't.

SO GLAD I GOT TO MEET ALL OF YOU,THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES!

wow so many good things this season. one of the best seasons ever!!

my buggy made it through the entire season since 05 its the first time

and the motor is still intact!!

my camp mates changed his year. and the few were more fun than the mass i used to go with.

meeting ddr folks and getting some good lt dune rides in.

terry,pete and pauly can lead some awsom runs.

racing pauly through the dunes.

christmas virgin dunes all to ourselves

me and pete ma faka till god knows what time of the night laughing the whole time epic !!

helping capt find a lt car and watching him have more fun than 10 people in it.

tina helping my family out when my wife had to leave over the holidays

improving on faster daddys rail and watching everything we did work !!

improving on my car and being stunned on how well it handles.

jumping out of comp onto the flats awsom jump

only having 2nd gear out in the dunes and realizing i still left everyone a dune or so behind

drunk calls

watching pete get buried with his rail serious moment but man it was funny.

the rescue ranger

getting lost on a moonless night at dumont and got stuck and howling with laughter the whole time

the three stooges at glamis me fasterdaddy and capt 2 of us get stuck and one gets a flat . all in the same place !!! effen funny

fasterdaddys first massive air jump blew out his cv and scared the sh*t out of himself.

big red and his battery :laughoff:

bp and his border video

knowing so many people that my son gets hurt and they know where to find me and help me and showed great concern

the feeling i got when my car hit 570 hp on the dyno at the rear wheels.

capts filets

tinas breakfasteseses

my daughter climbing banshee for the first time.

all the new people i met

x5 giving us a rim so my son didnt miss a trip.

checking out the sperry wash trail for the first time

cole screaming like a lil girl on the nose wheelie

sophie better stronger faster........................

at least one epic ride every trip out !!

what a season!! there are a ton of stuff i havnt added, this was just off the top of my head. great season indeed mafakas !!!

Hmmm so many good things, but I gotta keep it short and get my butt to workin...

1. Getting ALOT better at riding my bike, and getting over the fear I got from last season's Eff-ups

2. Meeting tons of great new people and becoming really close to some of you

3. :laughoff: 99 "shnozzberries"

4. "What, I'm not going anywhere, oh..." (Roost) "Still not? Well, oh well..." :dunno:

5. Being the one that DIDN't get stuck on the dune... :lol:

6. First wheelie and jumps in rails, thanks OGP and Capt :D

7. Having the Taj Majal for Turkey Day feast, the Bowling Alley for hanging out and BS-ing, and now the Dune Bar for, well, obvious reasons, priceless... :shocked2:

8. Pauly on the 3 wheeler, jumping the fire, good times.

9. The Broken Butt Club, luv ya gals

10. Wow on 10 already, this is tough. So many good times, I don't think top ten is enough, so I'll just say, My stomach always hurts when I get home, from laughing my abs off, so thanks everyone!!!

>>>>>This sums it up: :dunno: <<<<<

1.learning how to do 2nd gear wheelies in my rail

2.whoopen my buddy (ltr450/pete)up banshee hill (he was on his quad and my & friend were in my rail)

3.spending time with family and friends from our group

4.got to race my son up banshee hill and dune with him and other kids in my group

5.no flats on the hauler this year

6.everything ran pretty good this season

7.prez. weekend always like watching the jeeps

8.the adult trip was AWESOME NO KIDS we all needed that break

9.fire walk in and watching my buddy fall into the fire on his side and he ended up with no marks amazing

10.a lot of great pictures with my wife and kids and being bless enough to be able to give my kids great memories.

This season was the BEST EVER! :D These are the things I like most...

Having our own RV for Halloween, New Years and Prez Day!

Getting the Rhino :rhino: I love having the option of riding the quads or the Rhino!

Meeting the DDR peeps this season! :drinkbeer:

Having fun with friends and family at the dunes! :beer_bang:

This year was pretty sick...for alot of reasons....

but mainly because i was able to pass down the tradition of Duneage to my New baby girl...who absolutely LOVED bein there...

everytime we got in the rhino with her she fell into deep sleep even as quads bikes and rails were flyin' by!!!

We love her soo much and can't wiat to get her her own quad!!!!

post-4094-1208238197_thumb.jpg

J/K I don't have alot only went out 2 times this year. But i must say most memorable was getting to meet new ddr peeps and being able to hang out with them :beer_bang:

I couldn't get alot of porting done was to busy :rockon::drinkbeer:

cole screaming like a lil girl on the nose wheelie

sophie better stronger faster........................

ummm just for the record.....i didnt scream...that was your motor tached out...um..yeah...HOWEVER...i do think i soiled myself...glad that was the day i wasnt wearing my kilt.....

i only made it out 3 or 4 times before i had some major repairs to do on my bike, and i have been working wayyyyyyyyy to much, but my positives are still all my friends on DDR, thanks for an awesome birthday! and hopefully this next season will be better for me!

1. Upgrading the Blaster to a Raptor 700 :6pak:

2. More good times with good friends around the campfire. post-475-1208278917_thumb.gif

3. The low budget rail made it this year with zero problems. :rockon:

4. Midget Stripper!!!!! :lol:

5. Getting some of my family to make it to Dumont more than once a year!! :beer_bang:

6. Showing up and getting more involved when it comes to our riding areas. TRT and Nellis Dunes. I need to do more if I can in the upcoming years.

7. Finally making it to a meet and greet at the south pole and meeting some more peeps. :6pak:

8. Making it out to the cleanup finally! :lol:

:drinkbeer:

1.learning how to do 2nd gear wheelies in my rail

2.whoopen my buddy (ltr450/pete)up banshee hill (he was on his quad and my & friend were in my rail)

3.spending time with family and friends from our group

4.got to race my son up banshee hill and dune with him and other kids in my group

5.no flats on the hauler this year

6.everything ran pretty good this season

7.prez. weekend always like watching the jeeps

8.the adult trip was AWESOME NO KIDS we all needed that break

9.fire walk in and watching my buddy fall into the fire on his side and he ended up with no marks amazing

10.a lot of great pictures with my wife and kids and being bless enough to be able to give my kids great memories.

11.oh i forgot waking up on the floor in my hauler with my hand burning cause it was leaning on the heater vent then to realize my pant were riped at the crotch and my 2 daughters and my buddy`s daughter and mama was sitting up in their beds looking at me.then i noticed the puke all over my pants,then i remembered bring out the big bottle of YEAGER.but didnt remember going to bed or how i got into the trailer or how my pants were all torn up.price less trip but oh well at least there was no hang over.

1.Never heard of dumont up until two years ago. until "tkriley" sad you need too go and cheak it out :laughoff:

2. 24 thousand for Toyhailer, 12 Thousand in bikes . Priceless thanx" Tom" :laughoff:

3.Meet some very nice and down to earth people, that enjoy the same things, and intrests. that your into.

4.Had a great season and can't wait until the next :laughing:

Edited by ltr450

Even though my season got cut short I had a great time as usual. There were some major changes in my life for the better and next season will be even better. Seeing my family ( and you know who you are) is always the best part of being in the dunes. I made some new friends and had some great rides. I'm looking forward to next season and MAYBE getting over to Vegas a couple times this summer. It was a season I will always remember!

Edited by Don29palms